Forums

°º‡Tåle øƒ Flare‡º°

Quick find code: 49-50-51-58541944

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Posts: 10,736 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
§§§Chapter9 - Beast§§§

After leaving the wizards tower, Yuhef began in Varrock and looked for the beast from there. He was uncertain if he would succeed, and he knew the chances were slim. But if the world was to survive, he had to find it.

All he knew was that thing thing was exactly like Flare in every way, except it was made from shadows. And its soul is made of pure evil. After having no luck in Varrock, he moved onto the elf territory. The black river was located near there, so he figured the creature had not roamed to far. Yet.

He swirled into the elven lands in a purple ball of energy, and immediately picked his search back up. After failing at getting information from the locals, he made his way towards the river. He tore through the forest and emerged in a large plane. Empty accept from the enormous black river flowing down the center.

"Well, no sign of it here" Yuhef examined. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a crushed bush, connecting to a trail of footprints leading away from the site. Curiously, he followed them.

Minutes later, he pushed out of the trees into an open section, and at the other end, a dead elf. Yuhef ran to the corpse, and found it to be burning hot. He cautiously backed up, and spun around to leave.

A few hours later he managed to get out of the forest, and returned to the elven territory. He sadly informed them of the dead elf, and again asked around for information. Again, no luck.

Yuhef felt humiliated. He failed to find a beast, which could be spotted from a mile away. Fearing Gerråha's wrath, he decided to walk back to the tower. It was a good two days walk, but he had nothing better to do. That night he set up camp, and looked in the direction of the tower. He sighed, and took a bite out of the kebbit he had cooked.

'SNAP'

Yuhef jumped to his feet quickly, and instantly shot a blast of magic in the direction of the snap.
Join The Questing Clan of RuneScape! !

18-Mar-2009 03:25:18 - Last edited on 12-Apr-2009 06:48:16 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Not three seconds later, a black demonic figure leaped out of the shrubs and snarled at Yuhef.

He had found his target.

Yuhef smiled, and took a fighting position. The beast, known as Eralf, got up on both legs and growled at its mage opponent. Yuhef whirled a large blast of fire from his palm, and power Gerråha had taught him. Eralf blocked, and countered, with a scream of black fire.

Yuhef dropped to the ground, and barely avoided the flames. he flipped his legs over, catching his opponents jaw. With great agility, he got to his feet and through a punch into Eralf's gut. The blow just rippled his stomach, and Eralf scowled at Yuhef with demonic eyes, and razor sharp teeth.

Without taking notice of the beasts hideous appearance, Yuhef let loose another blow. This time catching the side of its face. Eralf took blow after blow, not attempting to fight back, but at the same time, not taking any damage.

Yuhef cursed, and jumped back, firing a blast magical wind at the demonic beast. Eralf hissed a the immense winds, but took no damage. Instead of charging, which Yuhef expected, Eralf shot two infernos of black fire, one towards the ground underneath Yuhef, and the other at him.

Lucky for Yuhef, he saw it coming. But was not fast enough. With all his energy, he jumped into the air. But his feet were caught, and incinerated, by the impossibly black flames.

He landed with a thud, and Eralf walked over to him, laughing the whole way. "Petheteec human" it hissed in a distorted voice. "You, nor any of your race, shall stop me!"

"You're, you're wrong." Yuhef panted, spitting at Eralf's feet. Eralf roared, and grabbed Yuhef by his neck, and squeezed.

§§§End of Chapter9§§§

18-Mar-2009 03:25:19 - Last edited on 12-Apr-2009 06:59:54 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

§§§Chapter10 - War*§§

Flare took a deep breath. he took his stance and shot again, still only producing a large cloud of smoke. He calmly sighed, and shot again, still he failed.

"It's almost funny watching this" Blaze chuckled. "They say practice makes perfect, but I guess that doesn't apply for you."

Flare tensed and scowled. He sighed and tried again, failing. He stomped his foot and cursed. "Now now, you'll never learn that way" Blaze laughed.

"I'll never learn, ever!" Flare yelled, believing himself.

"You will. Whether it be now, tomorrow, or even in a few months. You will. But it had better be soon." Blaze calmly told him.

"Fine. Wait, why?" Flare asked startled. "Why should it be soon?"

"You are not ready to know yet. The time will come." Blaze answered, walking away.

Salina sat in the chair Gerråha offered her. He pulled back his sleeves and cracked his knuckles, putting them behind his head. "So, how's your progress?" He asked happily.

"So far, so good" Salina harshly replied.

"Well, let's hear it" Gerråha ordered, showing no patience for any attitude she might have.

"I 'questioned' a Varrockian man whom I found talking about the boy. After 'seducing him', I managed to retrieve what he knew." Salina stopped for a breath. "He was last seen in the Falador bar, and was teleported out. He was saved by some kind of fire mage-"

"Blaze" Gerråha scowled to himself.

"And that they went out of finding range. However, the drunk men had seen, and recognized, the fire mage at the local bar. At midnight."

"So, what does this have to do with the boy?" Gerråha scowled, about to lose his temper.

"Well, they followed him out and to a portal. He told me the exact location, but he said apparently only a mage can open it." Salina finished.

"Alright then." Gerråha chuckled. "I will send you and Yuhef there once he returns."

"Where is that idiot anyways?" Salina observed.

"On a small errand. Nothing much." Gerråha remarked.

18-Mar-2009 03:25:20 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2009 02:36:42 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Flare sighed, and walked away from camp. For the first time, he actually examined the landscape. They were surrounded by mountains, hundreds of feet tall. The plain itself was miles long, and he could not see end to end. He kept walking, and eventually found a patch with a few hundred potholes.

He smiled to himself, and took his stance. He aimed at one of the holes, and fired a blast of smoke. The blast went in one, and came out another. Flare chuckled, and went to do it again, when a coughing stopped him.

"Hey!" someone screamed at him with an English accent.

"What? Who's there!?!" Flare questioned, getting ready to fight.

"Down here, you pest!" The creature screamed. Flare looked down, and saw a small creature poking out of one of the holes. "What you lookin' at!?!" The creature asked.

"Umm... what are you?" Flare asked, completely baffled.

"'Aven't you ever seen a Demon-mole before!?!" The half demon-half mole asked threateningly.

"Uhh... no" Flare responded, backing up.

"Get back here coward, or I'll pound your head down to your ass level!" The angered mole ordered. Flare did as he was told and returned to his original position. "Now, who are ye?"

"Ehh, my name is Flare-" Flare began before the angry mole interrupted him.

"F-Flare ye say?" The mole asked, stunned. "My deepest apologies, chosen one."

"Chosen one? What the hell are you talking about?" Flare asked, almost scared.

"You are one of the four super people! And you gonna stop them volcano people too!"

"What are you talking about!?!" Flare asked, demanding an answer. "And who are you!?!"

"Oh, sorry. My name is Commander Serol. And you're gifted with firer, no?"

"Kind of, I can only use stupid smoke abilities." Flare grunted.

"Well you have time before them volcano warriors show up and burn us all to hell!" Serol exclaimed, seeing Blaze walking up. "Ehh, time to go!" He jumped into the air, and began to wiggle into his hole.

18-Mar-2009 03:25:20 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2009 02:45:55 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

"Oh no you don't" Blaze growled, pulling Serol out by hius tail.

"No, please don't burn ol' fire mage! I- I didn't know he wasn't ready!" Serol pleaded.

"READY FOR WHAT!?!" Flare screamed.

Blaze sighed, and dropped Serol, who landed on his head with a thud. "In exactly two weeks, the volcano bordering Kinoob will erupt."

"And a whole mess of volcano people will come out with it" Serol butted in.

"Yes, and they are an ancient race, the natural enemies to humans." Blaze continued.

"They gonna come back after ol' battle, and kill us all!" Serol cried. "An' nothin' 'll kill 'em!"

"Except another user of fire. And who better, than the warrior of fire himself?" Blaze asked, calmly.

Flare backed up, and looked at the two in shock. "You expect me to kill an army of ancient volcano warriors. ALONE!?!" He asked in fear.

"No. I'll be there to back you up" Flare answered, calming him. "But I can't do it alone. So I found you to train you."

"So that's why you saved me? Just so you wouldn't have to go fight these people alone!?!" Flare asked, infuriated.

"The mages." Blaze sharply remarked. "That's why they wanted you also. They were going to insert your genes into more people, so we could fight them off. But if they did that, then you would lose them. And your destiny is far to great to let you lose these abilities before you learn them!"

"Yah, so make yer' choice now. Walk away, and let yer' family 'nd friends die, or finish yer' trainin' and beat these piles of crap back into there hole!?!" Serol excitedly cheered.

Flare stopped for a second and thought. He looked at the ground, and then back up. "let's do this."

§§§End of Chapter10§§§

18-Mar-2009 03:25:21 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2009 02:54:36 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

§§§Chapter11 - Nightmare§§§

After meeting the strange mole, who soon disappeared back into his hole, Flare continued his training. He learned no fire, but began learning massive control over the black air he could produce. Through experience, he quickly discovered that he could use it at any time of the day, even when there is no sunlight. the blasts were not necessarily lethal, but after a quick lecture from Blaze, he learned how to make it lethal.

Two days later...

Flare had been training all day. he was exhausted, and his eyes were nearly crusted shut. He sleepily waddled over to his tent, and made for his bed. An hour after falling asleep, he was suddenly awoken by the snapping of a twig. He sat up and looked around. He didn't recall there being anything twig like out here, or anyone with a reason to step on it.

He got up, and made way for the door. He opened it, and quickly hit the floor, barely avoiding a blast of fire from Blaze. "What are you doing!?!" Flare screamed, standing up.

"You are not ready" Blaze said, in an emotionless voice. "I do not have the time to train you, and you are just slowing me down."

"How could I slow you down?" Flare joked, avoiding another blast of flames. "You're so old, nothing could speed you up!"

Blaze, still seeming emotionless, threw a fist at Flare, catching him in the jaw. Flare fell back, and filled the room with a thick smog.

"What is all the noise!?!" Blaze screamed at Flare's tent, but received no reply. Grouchily, he got up and walked over. He swung open the opening to the tent and asked "what are you doing over here!?!"

His question was soon answered to see Flare, sweating and thrashing in his bed. "Mother-" Blaze said to himself, running over to Flare. "Nightmare!" He screamed. "Get out of there! You kill him, you kill humanity!"

"If you kill him, you kill humanity!" Blaze's voiced echoed out of the sky. Flare ran out, and looked around to see where the voice was coming from.

18-Mar-2009 03:30:23 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2009 06:24:12 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

"Blaze!" Flare screamed. "What's going on!"

"Doom" the a deep, menacing voice answered from the tent. The owner of the voice emerged, to reveal the figure of death, except much more threatening. Its robes were long, covering it hands and feet. Its hood covered his eyes, and shaded the rest of its face. Unlike death, this creature held a black staff with a twisted blade.

It was Nightmare. The beast of the night.

"Alright, what do you want?" Flare asked, getting ready to fight if necessary.

"I wish for what I wish." Nightmare hissed, inching closer to Flare.

"I get that" Flare said, not letting his guard down. "But what do you want with me?"

"You show weakness. The ability to be broken. I feed on your kind." Nightmare scowled, looking for an opening to attack.

"Yah, well you'll be hungry tonight" Flare mocked, dropping his guard just a little.

Nightmare didn't waste time. Without warning, he swung his halberd like staff at Flare, who avoided it with sheer luck. Flare chuckled at his accomplishment, and got ready to fight.

Nightmare hissed, and swung again. Missing. Flare laughed, and began acting more aloof to the situation. Nightmare would attack, Flare would dodge, and then do something to taunt him.

Nightmare swung again, knowing he would miss. Without pulling back, he swung backwards, hitting Flares legs with the back of the staff, tripping him. Flare quickly responded to the situation by bringing up a smokescreen, but it didn't stop Nightmare.

"Leave me alone, I have a world to save." Flare desperately attempted.

"It is not my world" Nightmare chuckled, kicking Flare across the field.

"Yah, but then you'll starve." Flare coughed.

"There is always life" Nightmare scowled, picking up Flare by his collar. "And as long as it's alive, I will be as well."

Flare, during the monsters speech, attempted to kick, only to find his leg phasing right through the figure of death.

18-Mar-2009 03:30:24 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2009 06:35:07 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

"Spare me..." Flare pleaded, knowing he would not receive mercy.

"Your fear, your weakness, is why I am here. Think of me as a favor to the world, ridding it of cowards." Nightmare snorted, and threw flare to the ground.

"Burn in hell" Flare screamed, seeing the beast tense, obviously angered. Nightmare lifted his weapon, and swung it, the blade aimed precisely as Flare's neck.

§§§End of Chapter11§§§

18-Mar-2009 03:30:24 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2009 06:37:43 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

§§§Chapter12 - Hell§§§

Flare groaned. An odd hiss and thudding was giving him a killer migraine. Woozily, he sat up. He looked around, and saw nothing but a burnt wasteland. Forgetting his head pain, he stood up and looked around in awe. He had no idea where he was, and Nightmare was nowhere to be seen.

"Hello!?!" Flare screamed into the emptiness. He sank to his knees and started at the black sky. While he looked, everything began coming back to him. He remembered fighting some beast that appeared in his tent, and it swung to kill him. To odd part: he didn't remember the blade ever touching him.

Filled with anger and depression, Flare stood up and screamed. Without thinking, he swung his foot into a tree burnt beyond regrowth, causing it to crumble. He snarled to himself and fell to the ground, dust flying up all around him. The hiss and thuds were still very noticeable, and were just causing Flare's anger to rise. His stomach felt as if it were on fire, and the ground beneath him began turning red.

With an annoyed rage, he stood up and screamed "Show yourself you annoying coward!" With that, all sound stopped. Despite his blinding rage, Flare stopped in shock at the sudden silence. "Who's there?"

He received no answer, and his anger returned. "Why am I here!?! How could I let that Nightmare guy defeat me!?!" Fare yelled to himself, kicking up dirt.

"He feeds on anger, and dwells on hate" a voice scowled behind Flare. In a mix between joy and rage, Flare spun around and nearly fell flat on his back. Behind him, was one of the largest dragons he had ever seen. It's scales were a shining red, and its wings rested peacefully on its back. It's eyes were as red as its scales, and it's teeth bore the smell of blood and guts.

Flare slowly began backing away, eying the large dragon in fear, making sure it would not strike. "You're fear is strong. There isn't a doubt in my mind that Nightmare thinks you are a perfect target.

18-Mar-2009 03:30:25 - Last edited on 25-Apr-2009 06:14:37 by Sirapyro

Sirapyro

Sirapyro

"Wait, thinks?" Flare stuttered, hearing the dragon out. The dragon nodded, and responded.

"You are still alive, barely. I am Fen-haru, the spirit of fire. Once you are released from my realm, time will resume and Nightmare will make his final strike.

"Ok then, why did you save me?" Flare asked, almost grateful.

"You are the prodigy of fire. The warrior of the dragon. Although you may not have started your flame, you will. I have taken it into my hands to make sure nothing will stop you from your destiny." Fen-haru explained in one breath.

"Ok, so let me get this straight" Flare began. "I'm gonna learn how to burn, and you're my guardian angel?"

"In a sense, yes" Fen-haru chuckled. But you will have to fight Nightmare, and if you die, all will be lost.

"Well, then there's no pressure" Flare joked, shaking with fear.

"You need not worry" Fen-haru reassured. "All you need is to overcome your fear. And quickly, my hold on time is weakening."

"Overcome my fear? How!?!" Flare yelled in fear and anticipation, seeing the large dragon shut its eyes. It lifted its long tail, and put the tip on Flares forehead. Flare widened his eyes, as he saw the world become engorged in flames. The next moment, Nightmare was in front of him, his staff just a few feet from Flares neck.

Without thinking, Flare swung his hand out and caught the staff, snapping it out of Nightmares hand. Nightmare stumbled back in shock, and soon after felt a fist being driven into his chest.

"That's right, get out of here!" Flare yelled. "I'm not afraid of you, and I have a mission to complete.

Flare suddenly swung up, awake. Blaze quickly rushed over to him, and felt his heart rate. He sighed of relief, and looked at him. "Looks like some lessons are learned the hard way" he joked.

Flare chuckled and replied "well sometimes they're not always learned alone."

§§§end of Chapter12§§§

18-Mar-2009 03:30:26 - Last edited on 25-Apr-2009 06:25:57 by Sirapyro

Quick find code: 49-50-51-58541944 Back to Top