Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sure Pork, I don't mind. In fact it's a little flattering :)
Underhood, there are two characters in that opening scene. There is the thief, the uncouth man behind the table, and the other man, who actually bought the Staff. It was the man that bought the Staff that said he was the Killer of Zaros, not the thief. Also, he was speaking in the sense that he will do so one day; he had not yet actually performed the deed.

08-May-2008 04:03:02 - Last edited on 08-May-2008 04:04:45 by [#5AGSIZET9]

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well Riekan, from the Curse of Zaros in game there was a middle-man that buys the staff then hands it to Zamorak, and you're hinting strongly that Zamorak's the one that bought the staff in person. If you have something else planned then forget that i said anything of this.
also: if you're taking liberty of poetic licence (or whatever the term is) and making minor changes from the ingame storyline, say so and i'll just delete what i just said

08-May-2008 05:05:17

Viperxk

Viperxk

Posts: 4,402 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want to comment on the "Curse of Zaros" story clashes, because the staff went through a number of people before Zamorak obtained it. As far as I know, this is the story:
Zaros is fighting rebels but Zamorak is still his most trusted general. Some betrayal occured and Zamorak revealed his betrayal somehow, possibly on accident. This begun the Zarosian civil war (coined by me? =p). After a decent amount of battles between Zarosian and Zamorakian forces, imprisonment of Azzandra and other details, Zaros and Zamorak face off in a 1 v 1 battle. Zamorak is wielding the staff of Armadyl at this time, and somehow, he and Zaros were impaled on it at the same time, transfering Zaros' power (but not necessarily god-status) to Zamorak. In his last words before he became trapped in wherever he is trapped, Zaros cursed all those that were invloved in his banishment from Gielnior with an eternity in the shadow realm ( I think?)
so yeh, please don't diverge from the true story too much, whether I'm right above or not =p
Thanks Riekan and I love this installment so far.
~Viperxk~

08-May-2008 06:25:19

[#YQHPZ4ORX]

[#YQHPZ4ORX]

Posts: 11,457 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ive recently read your other works in this triology and I have to say that they are great, even if you obviously do not keep to the real version of what happened.
•·.·´¯`·.·•Anton, The Last of the Goblin Clerics•·.·´¯`·.·•

08-May-2008 12:49:13 - Last edited on 08-May-2008 15:29:00 by [#YQHPZ4ORX]

[#2BBJFS7A8]

[#2BBJFS7A8]

Posts: 1,565 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Viperxk: You're very close.
A Saradominist named Veldez tumbled on the Staff of Armadyl and decided to keep it from the wrong hands. A thief named Rennard tole the Staff and planned to sell it to Zaros. However, his messenger, Kharrim took it to General Zamorak. A Saradominist named Lennissa found out about the sale and gave it to a Saradominist mage called Dhalak. He enchanted the Staff so Zaros wouldn't be able to detect it, and gave it to Zamorak so he could rebel against Zaros. Zamorak attacked Zaros's castle with his loyal followers, i.e. most of the Mahjarrat, Vampyres, demons, and a human named Viggora. While his followers distracted the guards, he went inside the castle and stabbed Zaros with the Staff. The blow accidentally impaled both him and Zamorak, therefore causing Zaros's godhood to transfer to Zamorak. Before he died (or simply just faded out of RS), Zaros cursed everyone involved in the rebellion to wander Gielinor as ghosts for all eternity. The curse only seemed to affect Veldez, Rennard, Kharrim, Lennissa, Dhalak, and Viggora, and not any of Zamorak's other followers as his other followers were magical, and therefore less effective on them.

08-May-2008 14:09:36

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top