Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Epilogue: The Sleeping God
The mansion was quiet that night, even with the loud reverberations throughout the Empire. The only city to remain untouched was Kharyll, and that was even a good distance from this isolated manor. It fit the styles of the most secluded of the Sons of Raldeir, a vampire named Aerus.
The vampire appeared on the stone pathway outside, cloaked in black, and made his way up the walk to his manor. He walked in double time, knowing that every second out in the open was another moment to be discovered. The blade was burning a hole in his pocket, and he was dying to store it safely away.
Aerus burst through the double doors and into the shabby entryway. The entrance hall was bare, reflecting just how low Aerus's status was among the Sons of Raldeir.
A female appeared from a side door, greeting him. "My husband," she said in surprise. "I thought you were in Senntisten!"
"We finished pillaging," Aerus replied. "And I had to get back here quickly, before Drakan could search me."
"Oh, no... Did you take something again?"
Aerus made sure the door was closed tightly. Then, he opened his cloak, and pulled his spoils out from a pocket within. He pulled out an exquisite blade, shining in the light of his lantern. Its hilt was encrusted with six jewels, but it was obvious that two were missing.
"Is this?"
"The Sword of Zaros," Aerus finished proudly.
"You shouldn't have brought this!"
"It's fine. They can't find it: a spell has been placed on it to hide it from magical detection. Once it is in the vault, it will be ours forever."
"Why do you do this? We have a child, and you want to bring Drakan's wrath down on us?"
"Like I said, they suspect nothing. Ael will be perfectly safe; she has nothing to fear."
"I hope you're right."

19-Nov-2009 00:25:28

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Aerus left his wife and walked down to the basement. On the way, he slipped back one of the tiles on the staircase, and then he touched his thumb to the magical rune beneath it. The sound of the vault opening beneath him. He came the rest of the way down into the basement, and one of the walls had slid aside, revealing piles of treasure hidden in a side alcove.
The vampire strode silently over to the secret room, and then he placed the sword carefully on the stack of valuables. He then turned away, but he froze. He swung his head back to look at the sword, but it was just sitting there silently. He could have sworn he saw the shadowy figure of a man standing beside it in his peripheral vision. Aerus shrugged it off, and then he closed the vault door. The wall slammed shut, sealing the sword and its spiritual inhabitant away in the secret room.
--------------------------------------
Zaros stood alone in the center of...he wasn't sure where. He was in a large temple-like area, with only a few torches along the bare walls giving light. Before him was a tall statue of himself. The fallen Emperor looked up at himself, and he saw a black grime coating most of his body, leaving only part of his face unobscured.
Then, one by one, the torches in the area started to go out. Darkness was falling over the temple of his mind. Zaros looked on impassively as the shadows reached up to consume his consciousness. Then, as the last torch was extinguished, and silence fell...
Another Zaros stood behind him. This one was like Zaros in every way, except his eyes were inhuman. The new Zaros threw his arm around the real Zaros. "Now," he whispered, though the whisper sounded like an deep roar in this void of silence. "It's just you and me."
And then the darkness consumed them both.
----------------------------------

19-Nov-2009 00:25:48

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The caves were just as quiet as the last time he had been summoned here. The darkness cloaked every bit of the underground labyrinth; not that there was anything to see, the inhabitant wanted nothing to do with anyone from the above world.
Ihrba*ka strode quickly through the shadows, with a force about him. He did not fear the darkness, nor anything that lurk within it. He had been here before, and he knew that the caves were virtually uninhabited. Except of course, for the one he had come to see.
Water was dripping into a small pool along the side of the walkway. Ihrba*ka made his way across the stone walkway, and then he descended the last bit of tunnels to the end. He came upon a large cavern, as massive as many of the cities of the over world. It was seemingly empty at first glance, but Ihrba*ka could feel the massive energy contained within it. If he looked closely, he could also pick out a faint green mist hovering in the air, spreading all throughout the cavern.
"Wake up!" Ihrba*ka spoke sharply, and then, a shockwave went through the mist.
"Ihrba*ka?" came the powerful, resonant voice of this deity. "What...what are you doing here?"
"Your wish has been granted, Guthix," Ihrba*ka replied. "I raised your savior for you."
"Ihrba*ka, I feel strange things coming from above...What have you done?"
"Like I said, you asked me to raise for you one that could save the world. He is out there now, but I did you one better. He is truly one for your tastes. He is as balanced a man as ever there was. Filled with hate, and filled with love; he is perfect for you."
"But such chaos?"
Ihrbakka didn't answer. He turned away from Guthix. "Go back to sleep. You won't be needed for another millennium."
"You order me?"

19-Nov-2009 00:26:34

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"I tell you what must be. You know this by now." With that, Ihrba*ka walked swiftly out of the cave. Guthix pondered what he meant, but then he decided to listen. He slipped back into a deep slumber, the thought of his zaros, his savior, turning his attention from the present. Then, his sleep was achieved, and the caves were silent once again.

The End

19-Nov-2009 00:26:52 - Last edited on 19-Nov-2009 00:29:31 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Well, there it is, the end of the (very) unofficial story of Zaros. We've come a long way through these three stories, and I want to express my gratitude to all those that have read it all. I hope you enjoyed my story, but even if you didn't, feel free to tell me about it. I welcome all comments, complaints, pretty much anything you want to share.
In about a week or two, I will begin posting my next story, which will contain elements from this trilogy as well as the Cursed Dragon trilogy. I'm moving out of the past, this time, and I'll write future stuff, so everyone won't know what's going to happen before it does (unless I'm just that transparent ;) ). This new project will be called "Clash of the Incarnations."
Again, thanks to all of my readers. I hope to hear from you all again soon. :) Until next time...
--Riekan4

19-Nov-2009 00:37:11 - Last edited on 19-Nov-2009 00:37:24 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give us the code for your new project please. I love your story! oh by the way I noticed one spelling mistake.
"He had barely rose back to his feet when another shadow blast hit him square on, throwing him thirty feet down the aisle."
Rose should be changed to risen.
But it was still wicked! Amazing ending! That was far more dynamic than I expected! I was thinking same old same old but what happens to the sword?!? Zamorak finds it and uses it to become a god I am guessing? Please tell us!

21-Nov-2009 21:56:25

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Thanks guys! And I will post the code once I get the thread up. Also, Toby, Zamorak became a god when he and Zaros were connected by the Staff, they just don't know it yet ;) The sword is still hiding in Aerus's vault, waiting to make a later appearance :)

23-Nov-2009 21:55:16

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top