Forums

The Nexus Project [RP]

Quick find code: 49-50-319-66267484

Fysyx

Fysyx

Posts: 2,044 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
((Hi there, Tale! I'm guessing you meant that, based on the reference to fighting, the mental abnormality in the personality section is only supposed to apply during a fight/combat, but I don't think the rest of the paragraph implies this is the case. If I've correctly interpreted you, I'd prefer it if you could make that clearer in the bio, but otherwise it looks good :) I'll have to delete my planned metalbending npc XD ))

((edit: planned ))
404 SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

27-Nov-2022 22:17:05 - Last edited on 27-Nov-2022 22:17:57 by Fysyx

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,609 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Theta Ash
Power: Biocrystallization
Skeleton and teeth adamantine, Theta's skin, fingernails, toenails, veins, eyeballs, tissue and organs are also quite hard due to the weaves and microlattices of biocrystals found throughout the entirety of Theta's body. This self-regrowing, armored tissue is both very light and very durable. Even DNA crystallized, Theta is immune to viruses, as they are unable to insert their genetic code into the unique crystalline structure. Given enough time, Biocrystallization will allow Theta to regenerate within minutes of injuries that would normally kill a person.

Appearance:200cm, 50kg, lithe, lean, long-legged, long neck, raspy voice

Strongest Memory: Jacaranda City...the flowering trees, anachronistic architecture dating back to Apartheid, the people, the diversity...home is still home...

Personality: Calculating and cold yet calm and cool. Contrary to Theta's effeminacy, he can be stony-hearted. Due to his immense height and lightness, his acrobatic nature and leanness allows him to move with the quickness and precision of a dancing spider.
Unlike spiders, however, Theta dislikes eating, tending to consume minimally, hence his litheness and distaste for those who overindulge.

Other: 88888

Please Fill Out:
Theta/Azi/Power/Male/4

28-Nov-2022 00:18:49 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2022 07:19:27 by Azi Demonica

Bluefirecan
Mar Member 2023

Bluefirecan

Posts: 3,495 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Piper “Onyx” Barnes
Power: Histokinesis. What this means is that Onyx can manipulate human tissue. The easiest method for using this is that she can guide tissue to grow at faster rates (effectively reducing or even eliminating the time it takes to heal an injury). Eventually she will have the ability to stifle nerve endings to reduce pain or even activate them to induce the sensation of pain, but to start it’ll be more exhausting and her healing factor will vary. Sometimes, she may be able to heal effectively and efficiently, whereas others it’ll be more of a patch job at best, at least until she figures out the mechanisms better. She has to be physically touching the subject at first, but eventually could manipulate the tissue of people in the same room. She can self-heal but it drains more energy so she tends to avoid it.

Appearance: Onyx keeps her hair cut in a two-block style. Her base hair color is jet black, but the longer top portion is a deep blue shade that, since the procedures, is naturally occurring. The longer portion fringes at about her eyebrows and has a slight waviness to it.

Her face is round, with a youthful innocence to it. Her eyes, however, reveal a deep sadness that indicates a harder life than her otherwise smooth face might suggest. The irises of her eyes have seemingly turned black since the procedures at Mira-Medica, though upon closer inspection one can see that they are actually just a dark, dark blue. The rest of her face fits together well, though it would probably be considered more “cute” than “pretty” due to its button nose and squishy cheeks.

The woman stands at about 5’5” and has a slim figure. “Assets” is not a word many would use to describe her as she has very little to show off. Her general sense of dress involves a long-sleeved mesh top layered under a self-cropped band tee, paired with black cutoff shorts and black 5-inch platform boots.

Strongest Memory: Piper was 16 when
I just play FFXIV at this point. DC: Crystal

28-Nov-2022 05:00:24

Bluefirecan
Mar Member 2023

Bluefirecan

Posts: 3,495 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
her first girlfriend broke up with her. Her girlfriend, whose name Piper simply cannot seem to remember, said Piper had just changed too much and that she couldn’t enjoy the company of someone who was so depressed. Her now-ex had previously called her style “sharp and dark, like chiseled onyx,” but apparently it had lost its appeal. Piper took that previous description - Onyx - as her new name. The reasoning for why is fuzzy, and Onyx can’t quite recall it anymore.
Personality: I’m sure she’ll find one in the story, probably, besides just vaguely antisocial.
Other: Somewhat humorously, Onyx’s subject identification number at the facility is 0NY1X. The faculty has taken to referring to her as “Onyx,” not aware that was her self-chosen nickname.

Please fill out:
Onyx Barnes/Maddy Blue/Histokinesis/Female/4
I just play FFXIV at this point. DC: Crystal

28-Nov-2022 05:00:43

Fysyx

Fysyx

((Hi again, everyone!
Thanks, Tale; accepted
Azi, I much prefer the direction of this bio, but I have a new question. What is Jacaranda City, and what is specific about Theta's memory of it?
Maddy: accepted

By the way, if you guys end up using the forum's text formatting to have your characters' dialogue be colored, please mention (out of character, like, at the bottom of the first post in which the character speaks) what that color's designation is. I just came up with the idea of adding that information to the cast list, but I don't have enough available text characters to edit the bio page right now >.> When I come up with enough new content that I have to use the reserves on page two, I'll be sure to update the bio, but for now I'll just have to ask XD

I get the impression that there will probably be at least one more character to join the thread, but we'll start pretty soon))

((edit: Theta's; text characters))
404 SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

28-Nov-2022 14:47:33 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2022 14:53:42 by Fysyx

Fysyx

Fysyx

((Nifty!
I still have some questions about your memory. I was writing some more detail about what I was looking for, but then it was long enough to justify putting in the thread information XD so, sorry to direct you to read something on another page, but please read the first two posts on page 2 >.> and hopefully that'll explain what I'm looking for XD

Does that make sense? Is there anything noteworthy about Jacaranda City that is personally and emotionally personal to Theta? That's kinda what I'm looking for XD sorry for the treatise >.> ))
404 SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

29-Nov-2022 04:18:57

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,609 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
((Well, it's where Theta was born, it's home. Theta is not American, but South African. If you look closely, you'll notice that, although Theta clearly looks alien, the nose and bottom lip are African, as my prompts for the AI artist created the character seemingly based on images of (Sudanese?) models. Theta clearly does not belong where the RP takes place, so the vagueness of jacaranda trees was meant to allude to Theta's home, where he wants to be, tho doesnt quite have the whole memory.))
((edit: I updated my bio to add a few extra but vague details))

29-Nov-2022 07:18:15 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2022 07:20:56 by Azi Demonica

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,948 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Lionel
Power: Perception. More specifically, the perception of others. At long ranges, Lionel can use his ability to manipulate senses to make people perceive things that aren't there, or fail to perceive things that are there. For example, he can remove any perception of his or his allies' existence from a target's mind, making them incapable of noticing him - physically he is still there, but their senses cannot detect him. He may also use this ability to make people hallucinate, effectively creating illusions.

As he grows in power he may even find this ability can be applied to technology, and he may even become able to (temporarily) make people outright forget things or (again, temporarily) insert false memories into their heads.

Appearance: Lionel stands at roughly 5'10", with short brown hair and dark blue eyes. He has an unassuming and forgettable face - neither particularly attractive nor ugly, and no remarkable scars, birthmarks, or severe blemishes. He has an average build - perhaps a bit on the slim side.

Strongest Memory: He took drama class in high school. As a class project they put on a play for the entire school. Somehow he ended up in a leading role. During a critical scene, he misspoke. Several people in the audience laughed at him. He froze up, and in that moment he wished more than anything else that they would all stop looking at him.

Other: ER404
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

14-Dec-2023 00:45:43

Quick find code: 49-50-319-66267484 Back to Top