Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This story is finished!
~ Last update: 7/26/08, Page 116-117 ~

Howdy, I'm Smeeze. Welcome to the newest E-Z Smeezy Production.
This is the sequel to my story, The Death Tournament. I'd advise reading that first, but if you're lazy, you can just read the recap posted before the prologue. =P
I am open to any comments, reviews, and constructive criticism. Please comment if you read, I am always looking to improve.
Yeah...A little about me. My name is Bryana and I'm sixteen. I live in Massachusetts and I'm a basketball player and a writer (first and foremost, always.) Currently I'm a junior in high school.
Forum Smeeze has been around for three years now, ran a successful guild for a little over a year (The Golden Pen), which is no longer around. I've written a lot of stories, but only one other is around besides the prequel to this. If you are interested, look for 'Feel the Silence'.
That's about it. Further information will follow in the next posts. So, I present to you, TDT2: The Blood Debt. Grab some popcorn and enjoy!
~ Smeeze ~ :)

05-May-2007 23:27:17 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2009 20:59:08 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

<-=-> Table of Contents <-=->
-=- Introduction - Page 1 -=-
-=- Basic Story Information - Page 1 -=-
-=- Recap - Page 1 -=-
-=- Prologue - Page 1 -=-
-=- Chapter 1 -=-
-- Page 5 --
-- 7 --
-- 9 --
-=- Chapter 2 -=-
-- 10 --
-- 12 --
-- 14 --
-- 16 --
-- 18 --
-- 20 --
-=- Chapter 3 -=-
-- 21 --
-- 22 --
-- 25 --
-- 26 --
-- 27 --
-- 28 --
-=- Chapter 4 -=-
-- 31 --
-- 35 --
-- 37 --
-=- Chapter 5 -=-
-- 40 --
-- 43 --
-- 46 --
-- 47 --
-- 50 --
-=- Chapter 6 -=-
-- 53 --
-- 54 --
-- 56 --
-- 59 --
-- 60 --
-- 62 --
-- 65 --
-=- Chapter 7 -=-
-- 69 --
-- 72 --
-- 76 --

05-May-2007 23:27:21 - Last edited on 28-Jun-2008 20:24:17 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

<-=-> Table of Contents Continued <-=->
-=- Chapter 8 -=-
-- 76 --
-- 79 --
-- 90 --
-- 91 --
-=- Chapter 9 -=-
-- 91 --
-- 92 --
-- 93 --
-- 94 --
-- 95 --
-- 96 --
-- 97 --
-- 99 --
-=- Chapter 10 -=-
-- 99 --
-- 101 --
-- 102 --
-- 103 --
-- 104 --
-=- Chapter 11 -=-
-- 105 --
-- 106 --
-- 109 --
-- 110 --
-- 112 --
-- 113 --
-- 114 --
-- 115 --
-=- Chapter 12 -=-
-- 116 --
-- 117 --

05-May-2007 23:27:25 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2009 20:59:36 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

~*+*~ Basic Story Information ~*+*~
~ Story post count: 211 *
Thread Posts:
[!] 100
[!] 500
[!] 1000
[] 1500
[] 2000
Ratings:

~ Character Statuses ~
Note: This contains only characters who survived the last book, all already dead have been removed.
-- Maston - Alive --
-- Arwing - Alive --
-- Kzahar - Alive --
-- Krystal - Alive --
-- Bond - Alive --
-- Adrian - Dead --
-- Lil - Alive --
-- Amodiel - Dead --
-- King Issavan - Alive --
-- Emmaris - Dead --
-- Rivera - Alive --
I just noticed how much shorter that is...XD

Thanks to the following people for the bios:
** Great 1one **
** Zappo 6 **
** Burn Me So **
** Demon Kza **
** Timetodie104 **
** Gold Wally **
** Sunsetice **
** Firebrand93 **
** Xpurecrimx **
** Saddog99 **
** Ste2693 **
** Pyroblaster2 **
** Sunbeam78 **

05-May-2007 23:27:31 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2009 20:58:32 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

~*~*~*~ Recap to The Death Tournament ~*~*~*~

Just to quickly refresh your memory of what happened in the last book, or if you’re too lazy to read it since it’s so long…=P:

Emperor Issavan Mar’dorhaq the Ninth rules over all Gielenor. At the beginning of the story, his researchers found an island south of Karamja, and a good possibility for expansion of his empire.

He started a tournament, one that took place on a giant cruise ship, and his plan was to crash the ship on the island, and have his scholar traveling on the ship convince them to kill off the savages that lived on the island. This would have a number of threats to his rule (he found powerful warriors threatening) eliminated, and at the same time free up the island to conquer. He couldn’t use his own soldiers because the savages carried a deadly plague, and since he wanted those warriors dead anyway…You see his logic?

All went as planned, but the scholar, Emmaris, had a change of heart and admitted all. The warriors, determined to survive by finding a way off the island, wandered into a sanctuary of the natives’ Goddess, Corynn. Discussion with said Goddess offered answers and a choice. Corynn had caused the plague, a vengeance unleashed to punish the people for their greed, and she would get the warriors home and stop the plague that was now ravaging the empire if they agreed to kill Issavan and all of his blood relatives, ending the Mar’dorhaq line.

The adventurers planned to destroy him anyway for his treachery, so this worked nicely. They agreed to the plan, and Corynn guided them home in native longboats. The story ended as they arrived on Gielenoran soil.

05-May-2007 23:27:39 - Last edited on 06-May-2007 02:34:48 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

~*~*~*~ Prologue ~*~*~*~

“My Lord…”

Issavan settled his large figure on the stool beside the bed. Beneath the sweat-soaked sheets stretched the figure of Amodiel. His lank blond hair was darkened with sweat, his emerald eyes had lost their luster, and his cheeks were puffy and red. He coughed loudly, and bloody mucus dribbled from between his thin lips.

“Amodiel, it’s all right. You’re going to be all right.”

“No I’m…not. I’m…dying…acughhh…and you know it…acughh…Ah!” He cried out as the cough ripped through his chest. The veins in his eyes bulged and he struggled to focus on the Emperor next to him.

“No!” snarled Issavan. He couldn’t lose Amodiel. His best mage, and since Emmaris was gone, his only faithful counsel.

“The plague…only…acughhh…only kills. None…none survi-acugghh-survive.”

“This isn’t right!” he bellowed. “I don’t see how it got into the castle! We’re more civilized than the rats in the street, we have better prevention of disease! It started here, but we disposed of the bodies! How did it get back in?”

“I’ve…I’ve been in the acug**hh…in the streets…I’ve heard…interesting…acughhh…things, too.”

“Like what?”

“My Lord…I believe…this is pen…penance.” Talking was becoming harder and harder. His breathing was labored, his words barely audible.

“For what?”

The mage laughed at this, but it became a hacking cough again. “Acughh…for…what?” he repeated. “For what…what we’ve done…ahh!” His face scrunched in pain. “It’s…ironic.”

“What do you mean?” pressed the Emperor.

05-May-2007 23:27:43 - Last edited on 13-May-2007 15:48:58 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

”When you’re…lying sick, you…you have…acughhh…time to think…Emmaris…studied this…before he left. Wanted…to…acughh…find a cure. Could’ve…but we…killed him.” Issavan flinched, and Amodiel continued. “Need to do some…something, m-my Lord…Can’t be empe…emperor…without…an empire.”

Issavan took a deep breath as Amodiel’s eyes fluttered shut. “No – Amodiel!”

But it was too late. The mage’s body spasmed in pain and he screamed shrilly. For seconds he remained in this position, his back arched away from the bed, clawing at his chest and throat, screeching in pain. Then, suddenly, he went limp. The physician had rushed in at the yelling, and now he looked up from Amodiel to his Emperor.

“My Lord…he’s dead.”

“I know!” snapped Issavan. He rose and stormed out, slamming the door behind him. Outside of the sickroom he leaned against the wall, struggling to regain his composure. For so long he had relied on others to make the decisions and carry out his orders. Now…now he was alone. And he had no idea what to do.

~*~*~*~ End of Prologue ~*~*~*~

05-May-2007 23:27:49 - Last edited on 13-May-2007 15:49:29 by Crystal Smee

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top