Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bond considered…what did he have to lose, anyway? Nothing. “Fine,” he grumbled. She actually smiled, really this time, and Bond smiled back. When she wasn’t being his cold nurse or claiming to be a power-hungry queen…she was actually quite pretty. That was a scary thought, he reflected, as she helped him back to his feet. He quickly withdrew his hand from hers and staggered on by himself, a few steps behind as she led him down the tunnel. It was only after a few moments he realized that she hadn’t called him “prisoner” once since she had come into his room today.
“Almost there,” Rivera exclaimed as they reached a tall iron door. “This is the armory, beyond is the stable.” She inserted a small key from her pocket in the door and wrenched the brass handle until it creaked open. He followed her inside, thinking.
The armory – this should be good, considering how he’d seen Rivera and her companions fight. He wasn’t disappointed – the door led to a small antechamber and then a larger chamber, where he was instantly confronted with rows upon rows of weapons and armor. Swords hung from one wall, shields on another. There were glass cases of daggers and knives, mannequins covered in everything from a suit of armor to an archer’s simple leather chestplate and vambraces. Chests of runes, sets of armor for horses, bows, arrows, every kind of blade imaginable – it was quite impressive. And there…in a separate glass case, laid out on blue velvet – his very own knives!
“I had them cleaned and sharpened,” Rivera said. He jumped; he hadn’t realized she was standing just over his shoulder.
“Thanks,” he stammered.
“Come on,” she urged, and took his hand to lead him onward. He followed slowly to another door. This one took another key, and when he entered, instantly recognized the musky smell of hay and the sound of excited horses. He was standing in a long row of horse stalls.

20-Oct-2007 22:47:23

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

But there was something different about this room that he couldn’t quite place…he stared around, blinking in the bright light…and then it hit him. It was the light – there were no lanterns here! He followed the light up a long ramp to a half-open door many feet up. Bond stumbled towards it, down the row, up the slope, and flung himself at the door. Daylight!
He fell to his knees again, drinking it in like water. Sunlight, he had not seen it in days! It felt so good, the warmth on his skin, the spray of light around each fern, twig, and leaf in the forest where he knelt so that everything glowed bright gold, the blue sky visible through the canopy of trees. He turned slowly, realizing he knelt before a ramshackle old barn. So this was where the rebels masked their hideout; an old barn no one would ever care to explore.
Rivera leaned against the doorpost, grinning widely. “So what do you think?” she called.
He climbed back to his feet. “I – thank you…” he gasped, elated. So she *had* been doing something nice for him! “I’m sorry I did*’t trust you,” he muttered.
“Oh, don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you enjoy it.”
He nodded wordlessly. Now he could see her clearly, too, away from the subtle orange tint of everything in the hideout. Her hair was more red than orange, but not open flame…more like dying embers. Her skin was pale, showing beneath a sleeveless shirt and brown pants that laced up the sides.
He laughed with joy, at the feeling of freedom, and spread his arms wide. The forest air rejuvenated him; he felt more alive than he had in weeks. All he wanted now was someone to share this feeling with – Krystal!

20-Oct-2007 22:47:40

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

He whirled suddenly, his warrior’s senses instinctively alert. He thought he heard…no, it must have just been imagination, coming from his desire and the sudden rush of new sounds around him. The birds, the wind in the trees, it all felt so new, and at the same time so familiar, like he was home again.
“Bond?” Rivera asked softly. “Are you all right?”
“Yeah…” he muttered, squinting into the trees. He had so hoped…Wait! There it was again! This time he was sure he heard it. The faintest of calls, just breaching the trees to their little clearing, someone was definitely yelling his name. Krystal! It had to be them!
Bond turned to face Rivera, forcing his sluggish mind to think quickly. They had to be nearby. But how could he do this? He turned back to his jailer again. “Thank you,” he repeated. “This was really nice of you. Um…could you take me back down the stables? I’d like to see the horses.” He grinned boyishly.
She laughed. “Of course,” she replied, and guided him back down the ramp. It took his eyes a moment to readjust to the darkness again, but he wasn’t bothered. He’d be back where he belonged soon.
Rivera guided him to a stall with a roan horse, his coat flecked with gray-blue dots. She smiled and stroked his muzzle. “This here is Storm. He was my first horse; father gave him to me for my fifth birthday. He’s so gentle…but he can run and fight with the best of them.” The horse whickered softly and nudged Bond’s chest. *I think he likes you,” she teased.
He nodded slowly, half-smiling. “What’* that one?” he asked, pointing to a flea-bitten pony in the stall across. As she turned to cross the aisle, he snatched up a halter hanging on the peg next to Storm’s stall. In one quick stride he was behind her, flinging the rope around her neck. She let out a gasp of surprise and grabbed at his arms, but he held on tight. Rivera flailed and writhed, but to no avail – within moments she went limp and sunk to the floor.

20-Oct-2007 22:48:01

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Mhm, yes.
Oh, and just in case this isn't clear, because I came up with this today so it's bad planning on my part - this is supposed to be at the same time that Krystal was yelling for him at the battle site, which is supposedly two days ago. I know it's messy, it's supposed to be like, here's what happened to them, then here's what happened to Bond at the same time.
If that makes any sense. I probably just made it worse. **

21-Oct-2007 03:28:39

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top