Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

The contents of this message have been hidden.

23-Jun-2007 07:34:29

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay...I have a lot of stuff to do today, and I don't feel like stressing...I may not get to these adds till tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure. It'll probably be fine. Just to let you know.

~ Smeeze ~

24-Jun-2007 14:50:42 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2007 14:51:06 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Krystal leaned against the wall with her head in her hands. “How can he be gone?” she wailed. “I’ll never get him back!”

Maston rubbed her shoulder. “Hey, hey,” he murmured awkwardly. “It’ll be all right. We’ll find him.”

“How?”

Now he paused. He really had no idea; it just seemed like the right thing to say. “Well, think about it…Where would they take him?”

“To be hanged?”

He hadn’t considered that kind of ‘gone’. Maston took Krystal’s arm and guided her back outside. “Well, let’s check!” In an instant he swung her smoothly back into the saddle, and they galloped hastily to the town. When they reached the gallows that blotted out the sun, never empty these hard days, he reined up and scanned the dangling bodies. Some were old and rotting, others fresh, their faces still pallid blue, eyes bulging.

Krystal leaned away and retched. Maston’s stomach churned, but he forced himself to examine each corpse, searching for golden hair and bright clothing.

“Not a pretty sight, is it?” muttered a sailor as he passed by. “Each sunset there’s more. The guards force the people to watch.”

“Were these people all named traitors?”

“No. Most of ‘em are thieves. Traitors…They always get shipped out. Nobody really knows where, the guards won’t tell us much. Some think it’s to one of the big cities, y’know, for a real trial. We saw one get taken out just this mornin’, couple o’ hours afore sunrise.”

Maston whispered to Krystal, “So he’s still alive.”

“Do you know which way?” she rasped to the sailor. “Toward Falador, or toward Draynor?”

The scruffy man shrugged apologetically. “Couldn’t say. Nobody followed them out – Last time someone tried, they say, the guards cut him down. For sport, they said. Now most people just try and avoid ‘em.” He frowned, then. “Pardons, but I’ve got to get back to me work.”

24-Jun-2007 21:16:02 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2007 21:16:39 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Maston inclined his head. “Thank you.” The sailor hurried off.
Krystal turned in the saddle to face him. “We’ve got to follow them! I bet we can track them!”
“We need to get back to the others…” he replied uncertainly.
Her eyes narrowed. “And here I was thinking you wanted to save him,” she snapped coldly.
Maston flinched. “That’s not it! I’m just – I’m worried about Arwing. If you were right about seeing her - I think…I think we should go catch up to the others, tell them what’s going on – then we can ride back and search for tracks…”
“And how long will that take, riding back and forth? Days? By then it’ll be too late! They only left a few hours ago, Maston, we can still catch up!”
“We need the others’ opinions on this, Krystal,” he argued. “We’ll still catch them. Look, Emmaris probably called off traveling for today, since he’ll want to give us a chance to come back. They’re only just waking now. We get back by midday, talk, and ride back here by nightfall. We can start tracking in the morning. We’ll be a day behind them, but we’ll move faster. Even if the whole company comes with us, we’ll still be able to catch up.”
Krystal was silent for a long moment, brown eyes closed in thought as she mulled over his words. Finally, she nodded. “All right,” she agreed sullenly. “We’ll ride back.”
Maston gave her a warm smile. “I promise, Krystal, we’ll find Bond for you.”
~*~*~*~ End of Chapter ~*~*~*~

24-Jun-2007 21:17:10

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-Jun-2007 11:20:02

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top