Forums

Patch Notes - 10/06

Quick find code: 442-443-24-66104253

uncleking

uncleking

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nex!!!!!!!!!!!

remove the stone spirits from nex and nex aod they are anoying to get and by normal nex before the update you got a drop of 80 rune ore that was 800k now you got a drop of 80 luminite stone spirits that is 100k thats an insane lower drop and at aod before update you got rune 2h crossbows that was 300k now you got rune stone spirits that is 20k please change this jagex

10-Jun-2019 11:07:53

LizbethIX

LizbethIX

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello dear sir,

I just want to ask if you can put back the correct chest value for elite dungeons? ever since the last update, we only see the chest value lower as the patch took out the items that are only high alch-able. please bring back the old update in elite dungeons value chests to see the overall GP earned per run in the elite dungeons.

Thank you!

10-Jun-2019 11:13:05

A Sexy Neko
Nov Member 2020

A Sexy Neko

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
wow XD like i seen drop table rework was like out time read it and you guys just enjoy making us suffer dont you XD you dident even change the tables hardly at all t he only 1 u did anything with was telos and it was even crappy how bout add some good drops and gwd2 all u did was reduce the drops meaning now gp gain is gona be even worse i say make stone spirits a super rare drop so there stock dies down this increases there value also please add more better drops

10-Jun-2019 11:45:49

P i l i b

P i l i b

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Puck Uranus said :
Please allow toggle option on Stone spirits to "not use", so that Miners could have their choice to want to use it or keep it to sell.

Agreed.

Maybe it is just not possible for them to code it this way?
Also, it would be just too darn useful. So they don't want it to happen?

Otherwise, thanks for the updates.
p.

10-Jun-2019 11:59:46

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,165 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lots of great QoL fixes - kudos for that. Especially the new set tooltips are great, both more informative and better to read than the old ones. Smithing changes also are extremely fancy.

But honestly - that with the stone spirits is a bad joke. You are actually tackling on telos and he still drops a ton of rune spirits?! Spirits aren't per se bad, but most spirit droppers are inadequate as is - and this includes rune ones at telos. I mean yes - that some of his spirits are salvage now is great , but wasn't that salvage supposed to be one that doesn't currently exist? Okay it didn't existed before.

Reducing the drops in GWD2 might be good depending on execution - making them rarer as a drop in the same quantity is probably a buff to both GWD2 (well 'buff' is the wrong term, it's rather partially reverting a nerf), as well as to the spirits, keeping them as common, but dropping in lower quantities might be making spirits better, but GWD2 worse once again. Okay I interpret frequency as the same amount drops, but rarer - I guess that is a step forward then. Less poor drops and that poor drop becoming more valuable probably.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

10-Jun-2019 12:01:37 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2019 14:55:31 by Rikornak

Ethereal199
Oct Member 2015

Ethereal199

Posts: 2,320 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not surprised the stone spirits "fix" from Mod Jack was half-assed, considering he doesn't consider PVM a major part of RS:
https://www.reddit.***/r/runescape/comments/bxpurn/guess_pvm_isnt_a_major_part_of_rs_d/

Granted, his words are related to the upcoming comp cape rework, but he would have the same opinion on PVM as with mining and smithing. QBD is hardly a high end boss, but the GP/hr has been heavily reduced compared to other bosses. This Smithing QOL update did not impact that boss at all, and will hardly have any impact on Telos or GWD2 bosses.

They didn't say exactly how much Necrite and Phasmatitite stone spirit drops were reduced at GWD2, so I would expect 3 of the 4 GWD2 bosses to still be a big waste of time. For Telos, replacing Adamantite stone spirits (worth like 70 gp) with rune stone spirits (worth like 450-500gp) is completely dumb.

This Smithing QOL update also did not even address the issue of a shortage of salvage (this could be solved with fast smithable salvage that can only be disassmbled) for invention components, and the speed of smithing ammunitition such as banite arrowtips. They've had 5 months to do so, and nothing has been done, lol.
Clue Drops -> 3a Range Top (h357), 3a Full Helm (h439), 3a Druidic Staff (e969), Barrows Dye (h1755, h2546, e680, e1567, e2038, e2160, m480, m783, m862), Shadow Dye (e510, e1970, e1985, h2948), Ice Dye (e1539, e2804), 3a Dye (e3129)

10-Jun-2019 12:14:31 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2019 12:16:30 by Ethereal199

Inque
Nov Member 2013

Inque

Posts: 548 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
War tortoise said :

also the GWD2 fixes are a bit dissapointing, thought you said a new salvage was gonna come to telos... but nope you did a small salvage, not even a spikey one.

Rikornak said :
I mean yes - that some of his spirits are salvage now is great, but wasn't that salvage supposed to be one that doesn't currently exist?

Actually, they meant it would be a salvage that had no existing drop sources before the update. Right now, nothing other than Telos drops small bladed rune salvage.
You can't read this signature. It's written in invisible inque.

10-Jun-2019 12:54:22

Quick find code: 442-443-24-66104253 Back to Top