Forums

Authentication on every login

Quick find code: 429-430-897-66185239

fealone

fealone

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

Since todays update of the OSRS mobile application I have to confirm my account with the 6 digit authentication code. This happens every logout despite having the 30 day trust option. This makes the game very annoying to play.

The app doesn't seem to correctly remember my account. The start screen now shows both the options to login with gamecenter and with runescape account. Previously the app didn't continuously provide these 2 options every time I open the app. Instead it just remembered my login.

I am not sure if this is intended behavior, but I certainly hope it is not.

Kind regards,
Fealone

21-Oct-2020 12:59:31

Daylight

Daylight

Posts: 932 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the Old School Mobile app, there are two ways to login to an account, using a Game Center login which can only be used on iOS , and your normal email/password login which can also be used on a desktop/laptop. Essentially, it's possible to have two account logins saved on your device.

Make sure to check the "Trust for 30 Days" option. If it's not selected with a check mark, you will have to enter a code on every login attempt.

I recommend reading the Game Center FAQs support article to get an idea of how this login option works.
Good vibes and high tides.

21-Oct-2020 16:16:29

fealone

fealone

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for your reply. It however has not helped me.

Like I mentioned in my original post I did check the "trust for 30 days" option. I am using iOS but I do not use game center login. I merely wanted to point out that previously (as in before todays update) the game center option was present, but it would remember that I am using a runescape login and present me with a "login as fealone" button.

Since today's update every time I log out I have to select that I want to use a runescape account (and not a game center account, enter my login details, and enter my 6 digit authentication code. This behavior was not present before today's update.

This change (intended or not) makes playing on mobile a lot less convenient

21-Oct-2020 20:17:00

Blueaquafire
Oct Member 2019

Blueaquafire

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was having the exact same problems with authenticator ever time and then it wouldn't let me log in, saying I had to change to a non-member world even though I was a member. Then it when I did get in I was on tutorial Island. I was told to go ahead and create the character for it then link it to an email and then to the game center. It was a huge headache but now it gives me an option between the two accounts when I log in and so far not having any other problems. Blueaquafire

22-Oct-2020 01:46:11

Ropew
Sep Member 2018

Ropew

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have also been having this issue in addition to one more thing. I have two more accounts and when I use the log in info for either along with the two factor auth it still only logs me into my main account. This is weird.

22-Oct-2020 12:57:22

The F1tz
Jul Member 2020

The F1tz

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was also having same Authenticator issues and after deleting app and resetting phone now when I log in using my details I come up on tutorial island starting again. Same issue on my new iPad but on my older ipad I can log in fine

22-Oct-2020 13:43:07

Twisted185
Mar Member 2019

Twisted185

Posts: 138 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also have the same issue but with only one device. I’ve tried on 2 windows pc, 1 Mac pc, 2 iOS (iPhone XR and iPhone 6) devices and 1 android device (Samsung s5)
This issue is only happening on one of my iOS devices (iPhone 6, which is the device I use the most). My other iOS device (iPhone XR) has the button to play as twisted but the iPhone 6 does not and always asks for Authenticator where the iPhone XR does not.
Hope those details help. I also noticed it happening about a week before the October 21 update

22-Oct-2020 17:48:04

Quick find code: 429-430-897-66185239 Back to Top