Forums

Pirate Player Gallery

Quick find code: 42-43-649-65997973

Hola
Mar Member 2020

Hola

Posts: 2,872 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really excited to see everyone's submissions for this! Looks really fun to do and I can't wait to start drawing mine! =D
@MendedHeartRS
<3
200M Mining/Construction/Thieve
<3
Founder of RSlgbta FC

29-Mar-2018 02:13:27

Sevel
Dec Member 2020

Sevel

Posts: 1,164 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I didn't know the gallery still exited. Or maybe it didn't and was just revived. Either way I look forward to seeing the entries and wish everyone good luck ^^ not sure I'll find the time myself but oh well.

31-Mar-2018 08:53:44

The Mouth

The Mouth

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oops! I forgot to add my RSN to my submission. I've edited it into the post and put a tweet reply cause I don't think I can edit tweets. Anyway: The one with the DIY barrelchest with those confused pirates making a mess of things is mine :) Defender568 is the name!
It's fun to see those other entries, can't wait to see who won which prices :)
Runescape Veteran and Artist at your service!

01-Apr-2018 21:07:34

Soraz Drakyl
Dec Member 2020

Soraz Drakyl

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Checking to know if this competition has been concluded or cancelled, as nothing related has been said the last 20 days to say if anyone won and this thread is still pinned. I even just found out the entire Player Art Gallery was gone for a long while. So is this still a thing, or does this make up as the last art competition for good?
I can imagine how few submissions there are, similar to one time I recall they closed a public gallery at RuneFest because of such.
12/4/17:
Just found where
signatures
are made...
Fashionably late, one would say!

28-Apr-2018 22:35:18

Zepertix

Zepertix

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Soraz Drakyl

I was going to post tonight or tomorrow because it has been 3 weeks since the contest ended and no mod has even said anything about it. It's pretty typical, we are on the back burner and it does usually take a few weeks, sometimes over a month. I think the last one was almost 2 months before we got results idr. The Player Gallery itself no longer exists since the mod who ran it left a few years ago. Since then it's been limited to just these forums and we the players just have to check back every day.

I think they still get a fair amount of submissions, if you look at the most recent ones they do have quite a few to feature and there are some really good ones in there.

We will just have to wait and find out.

Jagex if you're listening, it would be nice to get at least a weekly update like "hey we haven't forgotten" even if it's just on this thread with an approx eta. Other MMOs tend to have a format and schedule as to not keep their players in the dark, and they stick to it. Something like that would be nice.
Archmage of Zaros

29-Apr-2018 19:06:09

Soraz Drakyl
Dec Member 2020

Soraz Drakyl

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also should have added that they just did that Farm Animal competition and concluded it much more quickly, chosen artwork just posted right on the news post, and it had the same deadline as this.

I can agree that I may be wrong and there are a fair amount or more submissions for this, but still yes, it's been far longer than we've somewhat expected yet typical in their involvement, to even the small bits they encourage others when it comes to competitions. It certainly has drastically dwindled over the years since then.

Wish we could still look back at the artworks back then, at least have an archive to remember them and the artists, it was enjoyable from the community.
12/4/17:
Just found where
signatures
are made...
Fashionably late, one would say!

29-Apr-2018 21:34:00

Quick find code: 42-43-649-65997973 Back to Top