Forums

Solve this for 10m

Quick find code: 42-43-603-66050750

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Every Month, I shall add a new GOP puzzle (provided the previous one has been solved), and whoever posts the correct solution will win 10m.

If no one posts the correct solution, then the person who has the fastest solution (out of possible solutions), will get 2m, so be bold, and give it a go!
(Iron/HCIM accs can store prizes until they amount to the price of a Bond, and then recieve that).

The puzzles are taken from the gameplay of The Great Orb Project, and provide a fun challenge to work out.
The aim is to find the fastest way to score the given combination of orbs, following the current in-game mechanincs (unless another playform is mentioned), showing your solution on a tik-by-tik basis. Orbs will be marked as yellow dots, and the player's starting position will be marked in white. Numbers on orbs are merely for reference, and do not indicate a scoring order, or spawn order.

If you are unsure of mechanics, or map symbols, then feel free to ask for an in-game tutorial, either on here, or in the GOP Newcommer/Help Discord (/wBAwFfV), where we can also provide resources, and videos.

Altar maps, and gameplay formats, will generally be the standard ones encountered in-game, though I may make use of some from one of the off-site GOP programmes, or make new ones to suit.

Rules
Map Key
This Month's Puzzle
Previous Winners
Puzzle Archive
Other Competitions - Prizes up to 1B!

06-Oct-2018 03:04:45 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2018 08:24:20 by Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Rules:

--------

Any provisional rules will be listed with the puzzle they apply to, but if nothing is stated, then the following will apply (and will likely be required in order to obtain the correct solution):

• EoC is allowed.
• Any unlockable content is permitted.
• Assume you're on a P2P server.
• You do not have to perform Dead-Streaming (If you know how, then by all means use it).
• If you have a contention with established mechanics, then I will ask that you demonstrate your solution in-game, or I will have to count the entry as void.
• You may either use Game-tile coordinates, or use the centre tile of the Altar as your (0,0) coordinate (but please stick to one format, in any given answer!).
• Assume a standing start.
• You do not have to account for spawns that occur after the orbs shown (no need to aim for positional potential, nor aim for orb-potential, when finishing a puzzle, or scoring an orb, as there are no spawns after the ones shown).
• Games are played on AP1.
• Solutions are deemed to "end" when all orbs have reached tiles that are in contact with the Altar, unless otherwise stated (you may submit solutions that focus on manipulation time, but there is no advantage to doing so, in terms of the competition).

06-Oct-2018 03:04:57 - Last edited on 07-Oct-2018 20:55:17 by Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Map Key [1/2]:

----------------

I'll add these as questions arise - it's largely self-explanatory, but don't wish to leave anyone struggling.
(I'd also like to figure out how to get imgur images to appear when posted here, when they haven't been made fully open, as I don't really want to spam a lot of images there).

06-Oct-2018 03:05:01 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2018 07:51:51 by Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Other competitions:

---------------------

We, of the GOP Helping Community, have had a series of challenges, with prizes, for some time now. These are aimed at newcomers to GOP, and generally act as an incentive scheme, alongside any training (as such, they are intended for people who start dedicated playing after 2010, and there are other targets for more experienced Goppers). While this isn't a complete list, this is an outline of the main scheme, in it's current form:

One Bond
- Upon your first 120+ RO(6a) score, witnessed by one of the Helpers*.

100m
- Upon your first 40 Solo score, on any one altar (must be witnessed by one off the Helpers).
- Upon your first 60+ Duo, with myself, or Timo.

1B
- Upon your first 45+ Solo score, on any one altar (must be witnessed by one of the Helpers).
- Upon your first 65+ Duo, with myself, or Timo.

There have been a few claimants, over the Years, but not as many as we'd like, so please get scoring, and try your hand at GOP!

*Helpers (all of these folk can contact me through secure means, so that I can confirm that it was them):
• Yusou Bhoroi (or other alts, though I'd prefer this acc, so that there's no ambiguity over whether it's me).
• Timo (Timome/Mio Winter - he has many other alts, but I'll need him to confirm irl).
• lopey
• Jith 007
• Acanthas Orb

There are others who may be added to this list, pending certain checks.

Don't worry if you're just wishing to play casually, or prefer a different playstyle - we're not all about efficiency, and like to help others have fun playing (as long as it is playing, and not AFKing). We also have other prizes, and sometimes gauge personal targets for folk, if they have limitations, or prefer other playstyles.

06-Oct-2018 03:05:10 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2018 03:41:06 by Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Had an entry from Memberr, via Discord - I'll post it when he's finalised it. : )
(or he will - up to him : p)

Edit: I may change the system, so that entries are hidden.. (done privately, via Discord), until the prizes are awarded - it really depends on the dynamic of answers and people, as seeing someone else's answer may cause too much of a problem with people altering their own.

I'll have to gauge whether such an effect is positive, or whether I'll have to move to hidden answers/one entry per person.

06-Oct-2018 22:34:01 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2018 23:40:34 by Yusou Bhoroi

Quick find code: 42-43-603-66050750 Back to Top