Forums

Pink Skirts - PMod Events Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 42-43-596-65583459

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@kakimasu2 Not going about this the right way, Jmods are exclusively hired by Jagex themselves and work at the company, it is not a volunteer position and asking for it will not get you anywhere. Player moderator (Pmod) is a volunteer position that is chosen by a member on the Jagex community team based on a lengthy list of criteria and there is no "set" requirement, just help others and report any abuse you see :) This forum is for people hosting events.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

16-May-2022 08:39:11 - Last edited on 16-May-2022 08:39:58 by Wassep

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hallo, it's been quite a while since I was last involved in events, but having returned to the game (I think), I'd come across someone who was hosting regular events, and had intended to point them towards the Calendar thread, as a possible way to be considered for support, and clock-slots; however, this system seems to have moved away from directly offering this, so I'd like to ask for clarification on what exactly is possible, and what support you may offer, so I can know where best to direct them (and other future-folk - or even do things, myself, if I get back into it fully, once more).

It's possible I'm misremembering it being done through that thread, but I had previously joint-hosted several events, when the in-game clock first started, and could have sworn it was via that avenue.

Having noticed a dearth of Minigame events, it's making be all the more itchy to get back at that, but "real life" will likely continue take precedent, so it'd be nice to have a place to direct anyone I come across who is attempting, or contemplating doing these things.

Thanks again, and I'm very glad you're still going strong; I had great fun attending, events, even for content I wasn't normally fond of! : )

16-Dec-2022 22:07:36

Iceberg
Sep Member 2008

Iceberg

Posts: 20,620 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey! Long time no see. Sorry about the late response!

Yusou Bhoroi said :
[...]It's possible I'm misremembering it being done through that thread, but I had previously joint-hosted several events, when the in-game clock first started, and could have sworn it was via that avenue.
Advertising an event on the calendar was something offered in the past; however, it wasn't really being utilised by folks; presumably due to the still low turnouts that it brought. A lot of folks don't look to the forums for events to attend really.

As for the in-game clock/calendar, events posted to the forums wouldn't make it onto there. The clock/calendar in-game only features events from the Pink Skirt group and the Wiki. Folks can speak to Community Management if they wish to try and get an in-game event mention; however, it won't be as simple as just asking, since Jagex have to have a level of trust in those whose events are advertised in-game. If someone doesn't show up or an event is held where something bad happens it won't reflect well on Jagex because they would've advertised something to their customers as something that they recommend. If CM are to accept a person's event there will need to be sure that the person can be trusted. I don't know what they might ask, or if they will accept any further people/groups to advertise on the calendar, though.

Having said that folks may have a better chance with speaking to a member of the Pink Skirt team directly if they wish to help out with events (I believe the Wiki Event Team was retired so I'm not sure what the case is with them). Of course Pink Skirt folk are under no obligation to host events with others, though, but the folks are usually grateful for any support that can be given during an event. :)

The calendar sticky thread exists now purely to have a look ahead at what the Pink Skirts have to offer in the coming days/weeks etc..
… .
_|¯¯¯|_

… …
( '
v
' )
.……
I
C
E
B
E
R
G

>--
(
:
)
--<

13-Jan-2023 11:36:04 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2023 11:36:54 by Iceberg

Iceberg
Sep Member 2008

Iceberg

Posts: 20,620 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :
Having noticed a dearth of Minigame events, it's making be all the more itchy to get back at that, but "real life" will likely continue take precedent, so it'd be nice to have a place to direct anyone I come across who is attempting, or contemplating doing these things.
Indeed Minigame events have suffered over the years with poor attendance - even with prime advertising space in-game and on newsposts, hence why they're not as frequent any more. In fact, minigames as a whole are just not as popular as they used to be.

We looked into the popularity of certain events a good few years ago now (I think maybe 5 or 6 years ago at least) and even then Minigames simply weren't that well attended. The majority of events that are hosted via the Pink Skirts now are PvM masses because that's what the majority are interested in. When it comes to Minigames even within the past few years the number of attendees just continued to get smaller and smaller. I must admit my interest in minigames as well isn't what it used to be. I'd rather spend my time in-game doing something that gives me a greater advantage to my gameplay, and I suspect many other players think the same.

Lady Spyra hosts a Stealing Creation event every other week on Saturdays with Fast SC, but that's all we have right now unfortunately.
… .
_|¯¯¯|_

… …
( '
v
' )
.……
I
C
E
B
E