Forums

Solve the mysterious perk. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 42-43-208-66005837

Twilight Ash
Jan Member 2018

Twilight Ash

Posts: 188 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's a fun game for everyone. I'm putting a bounty on the Mysterious perk. First person to solve the mysterious perk wins a prize. For those who don't know, mysterious is an Invention perk whose effect is currently unknown. The first person to solve the truth behind the perk and post it either to this forum or message me in game will win a prize. I won't disclose what this prize will be but I'll guarantee the value to be in excess of 1 billion gold. Good luck!

17-Apr-2018 06:34:49

The Bemon

The Bemon

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My guess is either increased chance to get clue scrolls, small chance to get increased points from minigames, small chance to get more coins from completing achievements, or a better chance to get anagogic orts (based entirely around the updates Mod Moltare has had a hand in and clues from past posts)

17-Apr-2018 08:12:08

chi pa pa
Feb Member 2013

chi pa pa

Posts: 3,788 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The biggest lead we have

Mod Moltare on reddit: Those testing it: you may find it helpful to keep some screenshots with timestamps, for later reference.

Seems like it could be a pretty misleading hint tbh...
bugs should be fixed

17-Apr-2018 08:56:34

John Columbo

John Columbo

Posts: 287 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seems Mod Moltare left us 3 hints to go on:

"Those testing it: you may find it helpful to keep some screenshots with timestamps, for later reference."

That would seem to point towards an action that appears in the chat window...

"Can confirm only that (a) it is not just an empty perk, and (b) it doesn't do anything that would lead top-end players to consider it mandatory for skilling, bossing or PvP.

PvM/Slayer not mentioned... Hmm...

"I'm not going to tell you the in-game effect, but I can tell you that when it triggers (and it triggers under the same conditions as any other perk) it rolls a number between 0 and 19 and compares that to the rank you have the perk at."

Like, say... just for example... getting a roll on the rare drop table?

Anyone else see what this is pointing to?
That's just my theory anyway... Go prove me wrong/right!

17-Apr-2018 09:44:53

Theatric

Theatric

Posts: 71 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the past I've been suggesting it might increase the rate of TH keys from skilling and other eligible activities. If I had to guess how it would work, it'd give an additional Rank/20 chance to roll for a TH key each ~5min via the same drop mechanic.

If it would roll on both successful and failed basic TH key rolls, the perk would be easy to confirm by getting a double TH key roll (i.e. when both the basic TH key roll and the Mysterious TH key roll would succeed at the same time). If it would only roll on failed basic TH key rolls, the confirmation would require extensive testing to reach a sufficient level of statistical significance.

If the hypothesis holds true, the result of the perk would be increasing the rate of TH keys from activities by +Rank*5%.

17-Apr-2018 13:03:37

Quick find code: 42-43-208-66005837 Back to Top