Forums

Solve the mysterious perk. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 42-43-208-66005837

Wannes Rules
Nov Member 2014

Wannes Rules

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ice Archer said :
Is it a perk that effects monster accuracy? if you roll high enough the monster misses? similar to a DnD Rolling mechanic. It's why top-end players wouldn't need it, those guys already never die.
But it also exist as a tool perk so, unless it has a totally different effect depending on the gizmotype, it would do nothing for skilling

Nexus Ember said :
Does it have something to do with Skilling pets... I've gained 2 pets today while using armour with Mysterious perk on.
The perk was introduced half a year before skilling pets, so that would be rather strange

17-Apr-2018 14:49:13

Hovlane
Dec Member 2023

Hovlane

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know I had a small idea for how the perk might activate. Since this perk was supposed to be the perk no one knew how it worked, what if they reversed the rank system so a lower rank would make it activate more often? That would certantly make it harder to find seeing as everyone by default thinks the higher the rank the more likely it will activate

17-Apr-2018 15:19:03

FlyingBlind

FlyingBlind

Posts: 507 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My guess when I used it, is that its a 3 in one, but only offers a very small chance in them all.

Very small chance of speeding up the game tick action of the player
Very small increased chance of getting object while skilling
Very small chance of not letting a resource deplete while using it.
I want
Brains
, I want
liver
Moan Mix
Moan Mix
please Deliver!

17-Apr-2018 17:19:36

kynon
Mar Member 2017

kynon

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These are the things I noticed when I added the Mysterious 3 perk to an augmented crystal fishing rod this morning.

The fishing XP gain between 08:53-09:50 seemed normal. I was wearing the fury shark outfit, a trimmed fishing cape, and lotd.

There were 1-2 people fishing at the Prif waterfall on the world that I was on but neither person appeared to be using an aura, and did not seem to be using a pulse core at the time. At 09:53, I received a pulse core boost from somewhere (You feel enlighten and gain an XP boost of 10% for the next 10 minutes and your Gathering skills are boosted.) At the time I didn’t think much of it and just ignored it.

Between 09:53 and 10:02 the fishing XP gain increased, and I assumed that this was from the XP boost from the core. I then noticed the circular XP meter atop the game rapidly increasing with the fishing XP gain. I looked at a screen shot made at 09:54 and then again at 10:02 and noticed that the XP displayed was exceedingly more than the XP gain from around one hour from 08:53-09:50.

After a few minutes, I then looked at another screen shot created at 10:04 and noticed that the XP displayed on the circular XP meter significantly decreased from what it was showing a few minute beforehand, but it was still showing more XP gained than during the previous hour. This appeared to be unusual.

I looked at another screen shot created at 10:17 and 10:25 and the XP display showed that everything went back to normal. Between 8:53-10:17 I remained at 101 Fishing. Maybe this is a bug or nothing at all?

08:53
09:50
09:54
10:02
10:04
10:17
10:25

09:53 (boost message)
10:03 (boost expired message)

17-Apr-2018 17:30:03

zenful

zenful

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Increases or decreases the chance of a another perk activating on the same item.

Seems to be frequent then slows down. Still testing this direction. Activates the confused perk often which is how I feel.

So I'm thinking now that it increases the chance of a perk(s) on the same item successfully activating, then decreases the chance (from my experience every 30 minutes?).

I'd go a step further and say that "negative" perks occur more often in the first 30 minutes while "positive" perks occur more often in the latter half.

17-Apr-2018 21:41:53 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2018 01:49:00 by zenful

Silver Seal
Dec Member 2004

Silver Seal

Posts: 1,016 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I thought about the idea of it triggering another perk as well. It would explain both why it might not be noticeable and why keeping track of time (how often things trigger) would be relevant. But it'd have to be a very small chance/increase to not be noticeable and not be considered essential. I'll be interested to know if you find support for that.

17-Apr-2018 22:32:25 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2018 22:33:20 by Silver Seal

Quick find code: 42-43-208-66005837 Back to Top