Forums

Idk about my membership status

Quick find code: 410-411-777-66234606

Zack Brooks

Zack Brooks

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I had a 3 month recurring membership with Google Play.
I bought a year of VIP with bonds and tonight Google Play took my 3 month recurring membership payment out of my account.
Runescape said I would not have a payment for membership until my VIP status was about to run out. When I check my membership status it says I have a 3 month recurring membership but yet I have VIP, I have the blue star by my name and everything, why am I still getting charged? I issued a refund via Google Play cause I believe I shouldn't be paying for membership with real money while I have the 1 year VIP I bought via bonds thus in nullifying the recurring payment. I hope I don't lose my membership by issuing this refund cause that would not be right and I would be pissed, this whole thing is confusing, idk what is going on.

04-Nov-2021 04:16:51

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Zack Brooks

Just check that the 3 months recurring subscription is being taken for the same account that the Gold Premier was paid for.

The reason I ask this is because your account would be ineligible for Premier Club membership if you have an active subscription through an app payment system e.g. Google Play.
The Premier Club purchase (Bond redemption) should have failed.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

04-Nov-2021 05:06:41

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Unfortunately the Premier Club support articles are taken down until the next Premier Club goes on sale so I have nothing official to show to you on the topic.

The reason behind it is because the mobile payment system and the website payment system are not compatible with each other. You can pay via one or the other but not both at the same time.
As Premier Club can only be bought/redeemed through the website, it is immediately not compatible with a mobile based membership. If Jagex have been able to fix this incompatibility it must be very recent as it certainly couldn't be done two months ago.

If you have succeeded with this, good on you!

If any problems occur with your account due to the Google Play refund you would be best to stop the refund and allow that three months payment through.
Cancel the Google Play subscription but don't claim back the refund.
No membership time paid for is ever lost, even if you have paid well in advance.
The paid for time just sits there on your account and gets used up eventually.
Forum Community Helper -

04-Nov-2021 05:27:10 - Last edited on 04-Nov-2021 05:30:51 by Malua

Zack Brooks

Zack Brooks

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Soooo my question is if I cancel my Google Play recurring payments am I going to keep my year of VIP I bought with bonds or is it going to screw me and cancel my membership? I don't want to lose my VIP membership via bonds if I cancel the real money membership. This seems kind of pointless to me though to have a real money membership being bought while I have a year long VIP bond membership.

04-Nov-2021 05:40:45 - Last edited on 04-Nov-2021 05:42:58 by Zack Brooks

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Zack Brooks said :
Soooo my question is if I cancel my Google Play recurring payments am I going to keep my year of VIP I bought with bonds or is it going to screw me and cancel my membership?
Cancelling the Google Play subscription will not affect your year of VIP (Premier Club).

The one thing that might affect your account is the refund claim you have made to Google Play.
It depends how quickly you claimed the refund.
If you claimed it within three days of it being taken, your account should not be affected.

If you waited more than three days to claim it, it may have a bad effect and Jagex might freeze your account.

You would then need to contact Jagex Billing Support to get them to check out your in-game purchase of Premier Club which should allow you to continue playing.

However, I would recommend you cancel the refund claim and allow that three months Google Play payment through.
Forum Community Helper -

04-Nov-2021 05:52:08

Quick find code: 410-411-777-66234606 Back to Top