Forums

day 3 of broken launcher

Quick find code: 409-410-870-66293620

Spaghettiest
Dec Member 2023

Spaghettiest

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
why does everything have to be a nightmare with jagex?

They locked my account and made me sign up for their crappy Jagex launcher to unlock it, and so I did, and of course now the Jagex launcher is completely worthless.

It randomly logged me out 3 days ago and ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT let me log back in.

I put in my jagex account email, my jagex account password. Then it asks me for a security code which is emailed to me, which I provide, and every single time (dozens of attempts) it just re-opens the "enter email" portion of the logging in process (which is already ridiculous)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling
I've tried repairing files
Resetting internet
A FREAKING SYSTEM RESTORE
cleared browser cache
Made new windows account specifically to try Jlauncher again
tried logging in with steam client

nothing works, as usual. The weird part is that literally no one else is talking about this bug, and I am 100% positive the problem is not on my end. Eventually I tried making a new 2 step authenticator (which jagex made me remove in the first place when forcing the Jagex launcher on me) and verifying that way instead of an email code, and that didn't work either.

This is beyond infuriating. I've already lost 1 account due to extremely suspicious inner working with jagex that also resulted in me losing a twitter account and can't even get a reply back. I'm not losing 2 mains.
The complete lack of support jagex offers for anything is staggering. If this is the future of rs then it needs to hurry up and die.

24-Jan-2024 19:11:50

Aw0L
Sep Member 2011

Aw0L

Posts: 80 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's not just you. I started having this exact same problem January 22nd around midnight EST. I've seen at least 1 other person as well in this forum with the same problem so if there are 3 of us with it, you can be assured there are many more. Mine started with the game freezing, logging me out, & then not letting me log in again by repeatedly cycling through the email/password/verfifcation code. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

25-Jan-2024 02:59:31

Quick find code: 409-410-870-66293620 Back to Top