Forums

Cannot get into main account

Quick find code: 409-410-763-66280901

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've had my "jodie" account for many, many years. Now I cannot even get into it. No I've never broken rules...

I logged into my jodie account today and got message about the golden cape. I was going down the list on the left side to make sure I understood what to do in order to get the golden shards. At the top was "Jagex account" where I was suppose to "...Link your account to a jagex account and log in to receive 2 shards..." (I've been using the "Jagex Launcher" for a long time now without problems.) I clicked that "to update my account" not knowing why I was not already linked but thinking Jagex knew what it was doing. I then went thru the procedure thinking I was having to create a new account to link all my main account and my alternates to; so I did that by adding the name "Jstarr" as the account name. Now I can no longer get into my main "jodie" account. What on earth has happened and how can it be fixed? I simply want my main account back the way it was with the user (and character) name of "jodie". Please help

You can leave a message with one of my alternates (on f2p world) called angry apache. Please help............
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

30-May-2023 23:36:06

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jodie said :
I've had my "jodie" account for many, many years. Now I cannot even get into it. No I've never broken rules...

You're currently posting from this account. You changed the display name of the character.

You need to be sure that you log into the Account Settings page for the account, hit the GIANT upgrade banner smack dab middle of the page.

Then it'll prompt to upgrade the account, and go through the process. There's a nice guide here

At the end of the process, you'll have the account moved to the Jagex Account, and you'd use the new email and password you set as the login. Then you can hit the import button, sign into the alts, and they'll be migrated over.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

31-May-2023 00:00:19

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

There really isn't going to be any going back. Eventually in the next year, all accounts will have to be imported to a Jagex Account, and all new accounts created will be Jagex Accounts.

When making a Jagex Account, the RS characters imported to it will have their usernames and passwords wiped, and can no longer log in with the old client.

You use the Jagex Account email and password that was put down when registering the account to log in going forward for the website, mobile, and launcher (which the launcher might need to have accts logged out of entirely before it'll prompt a jagex account login).
"No."[1]

31-May-2023 00:43:37

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

This is terrible! At least I did get into these forums, though still do not know I can get into game. My "player" name is now "Jstarr" (which I hate) and apparently I have to use my registered email as the "user" name. (At least I was able to get the password straightened out.)

This would not be so bad if I could have my "player" name back before someone else gets it. :( ( So how do I get that back...quickly?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

31-May-2023 01:27:46

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

You need to use the jagex account email and password to log into the jagex launcher, which will then let you access the game.

You can either wait 30 days for a free one, or redeem a bond for a name change. Then go to the display name changer on the website, and enter the old name. Submit and it'll swap back.
"No."[1]

31-May-2023 01:29:53

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I still cannot get into the game on my "jodie" account. I've tried the "Jstarr" name shown at the top of this forum; and got into this forum with the registered email on my account. However, this same email is not working when attempting to get into the game. Now what?

31-May-2023 01:33:33

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

How are you logging into the website? Are you typing Jodie as a login name? Or are you using the email used to make a jagex account?

If your acct was migrated to a jagex account, you have to use the new email and password. For the launcher, you might have to log out of all accounts so it prompts you to log in with the new login portal.
"No."[1]

31-May-2023 01:36:37

Watcher656
Aug Member 2018

Watcher656

Posts: 159 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i don't care about signing up for the account management
my password and log in for that should be for that only
not for my in-game log in
i told them to cancel my account and refund my money
I DO NOT WANT MY STUFF CHANGED
FOR ANY REASON

31-May-2023 02:08:37

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I used the same email address (registered one) and password that gets me into these forums. How can I find out what email was used to make the jagex account? I thought it was my registered one.

You saying every account I have now requires this ??? new email ??? with the new password to even play the game? So all the passwords I have on all my accounts (main and 4 alternates) will not work anymore?

31-May-2023 02:27:00

Quick find code: 409-410-763-66280901 Back to Top