Forums

Account issues

Quick find code: 408-409-995-66292836

RedIrishTank
Dec Member 2023

RedIrishTank

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Email issue not receiving the link that my email is setup with my account. I don't know if there is a delay or something?

My email is working and there is no issue with that. I contacted that provider so there for it is on jagex side.

Help please?
„›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-30-66284025 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

07-Jan-2024 19:34:08

RedIrishTank
Dec Member 2023

RedIrishTank

Any other options i have might have here? i have access to my account. I just not getting the email links and i have the email right in front of me.
„›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-30-66284025 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

09-Jan-2024 01:08:06

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
RedIrishTank

What are you trying to do?
Verify a new registered email?

If you are trying to set and verify a new registered email, I will say that those automated emails do fail from time to time but that doesn't necessarily mean the actual registration of email has failed.

Go into account management and check the 'Email & Communications Preferences' tab.
It will give you a hint about what email is the current registered email.
If the email you want is set, you should be able to tell from the hint (unless your new email is very similar to your old email).

edit: I've just seen a thread you posted yesterday about trying to change your password.
Those automated emails never fail to send. If it isn't arriving, you need to check your email settings and make sure emails from Jagex are not blocked.

Also, consider what email provider you are using. Because Jagex is a gaming company, its emails are not treated well by many email providers, particularly work and school ones.
I recommend you set a Gmail email as the registered email for your account.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

09-Jan-2024 01:27:49 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2024 01:50:42 by Malua

RedIrishTank
Dec Member 2023

RedIrishTank

I can see my hint, i know the email it sends the link to. I just had it sent to my reg email a few months ago. I never had any issues with this.

09-Jan-2024 23:31:12

RedIrishTank
Dec Member 2023

RedIrishTank

I can't change where the link goes to because i cant get jagex to send me the link they are suppose to.

09-Jan-2024 23:31:50

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

If you use a Gmail email the only reason why the emails aren't arriving is because there is something in your email settings that is blocking them.

If you use a non Gmail email, it could be either the email provider or the domain owner that is blocking.
Jagex ALWAYS sends out automated reply emails that have been requested e.g. password reset, email change, Authenticator disable etc.

The only way to get past this is to do a recovery on your account to force a change of registered email (and password).
Forum Community Helper -

10-Jan-2024 01:22:30

RedIrishTank
Dec Member 2023

RedIrishTank

I don't mind doing the recovery but you hear of horror stories of people that go and do that and then they completely lose there account.

I'm really not understanding why jagex doesnt buck up and put a real support system in. It is the 21st century and it feels like they don't want to be bother of people contacting them. Very upsetting. I don't mean to complain.

11-Jan-2024 00:05:34

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

"you hear of horror stories of people that go and do that and then they completely lose there account." ?
Mostly the problem is a lack of information on the recovery form.
Jagex allows players to try over and over again - as many times as it takes.
Each time the player is given some tips about the information that is lacking and they can then try again.

The support system IS there, however the problem is often players misunderstand how to navigate it and what they need to bring to the communication table.
We here in the Community Led Account Help forum provide some guidance and advice about the system. We can point players in the right direction in the Support Centre.

Jagex do run a "hands off" type of Support Centre.
It's a self-help system.
Account management needs can mostly be done by the player themself.
Once a player has got themself through as much as they can do alone, Jagex can then step in to provide the final assistance.

There are a couple of reasons why the system is run this way.
1. there is alot a player can do in account management without needing their hand held
2. in doing point 1. it helps prove to Jagex that the player is the genuine account owner
3. it saves time (and money) for Jagex

The saving time (and money) point is a challenging one but Jagex needed to do this as the player base was getting too big for the old contact system.
I remember the old contact system.
You would send an email in about the problem then wait nearly two months for a reply. It was that unworkable!
Forum Community Helper -

11-Jan-2024 00:48:33

Quick find code: 408-409-995-66292836 Back to Top