Forums

Account issues

Quick find code: 408-409-995-66292836

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am very sorry that the account is now locked. :(

The only way to get past this now is to succeed at a recovery as the recovery will unlock the account.
You have to put a new email (preferably Gmail) in the top boxes of the recovery form but mention your existing email in the 'Other Comments' part of the form.

Keep a record of the information you are submitting each time.
If the recovery fails, take note of the reasons for the deny and use that information to tweak your information a bit on your next attempt.

Sending the recovery from the creation address is excellent!
Tell them you are sending the recovery from the creation address in 'Other Comments'.
You don't get much space in 'Other Comments' so you have to use it wisely.

Supplying 12-15 dates when you bought membership is too much information.
The most important transactions are the earliest .
If the account is really old, recent purchase information has little value.
Only mention purchases you made while you were playing the account at its creation address and only mention 2-3 of the earliest. You might not have transaction IDs for the earliest purchases but you can say who purchased and what payment method was used.

How long does it take to receive the deny reply?
If it is taking at least 15 minutes you should be encouraged that the recovery has passed the auto-reject stage and has moved on to a JMod to be checked.

Try to put information in all the boxes. Try not to leave boxes empty.
Think about the early days of your account. Ask your family if they can help remember when you started playing.

It is most unusual that Jagex have locked the account. They only do this if they are certain a hijacker is trying to get access.
If you have space in 'Other Comments' tell them your email wasn't receiving the automated Jagex emails and you initially just wanted to change the password.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

14-Jan-2024 06:31:17

GodLive4ever
Jan Member 2024

GodLive4ever

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got denied again today, I went to my parents house and looked back on pictures that runelite took and got dates that would help me better in when I created my account, that was the big one for me, its been so long iIcouldnt remember the month and I thought I knew year until i found a pic that has a year of earliest.

I sent new dates/amounts and a couple with times of me purchasing members. I hope it was enough. plus my creation ip and my current. My email doesn't receive emails from them anymore and the current last 3 months of members didn't even get a email from it.

Makes it hard going to work and coming home to apple at the creation spot. Not hard but for this i was just trying to get my access back to my own pass/email.

It took them almost 24 hours to get back to me, I hope that is a good sign. I am thankful that they are this hard on people getting there account back, but with the information i provided. I feel like this is becoming a little ridicules.
„›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

15-Jan-2024 00:56:17

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

We are all players in here, not Jagex employees. JMods do not read these threads.

A reply time as long as you say is a good sign.
Take careful note of the reasons for the deny and try to improve those parts of the information on your next attempt.

Don't sweat the creation month/year too much. If the rest of your information is good, the creation month/year being wrong won't be so important.
I know someone who was 17 months off their actual creation month/year but still succeeded because the rest of their information was good and they were recovering from the creation address.

Just make sure you change a bit of your information each time you submit. Submitting the exact same information over and over without changing something is a waste of time.

Use 'Other Comments' to tell them:
* you are submitting from the creation address
* state the current email (the one you are trying to change)
* have you ever had other older emails registered on the account? If so, state them too

How many passwords has your account ever had?
Now the account is locked, you can't submit the most recent password as Jagex consider it to be compromised.
Submit earlier passwords, preferably the earliest.
If the account only ever had one password you are in trouble. Accounts need to build up a history of passwords for times like this.
Forum Community Helper -

16-Jan-2024 00:21:36

GodLive4ever
Jan Member 2024

GodLive4ever

They do not give you enough characters to explain it all, the Trans ID are 22 each, plus amounts and dates, leaves me enough to put ips in and that its
„›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

16-Jan-2024 01:03:13

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

GodLive4ever said :
They do not give you enough characters to explain it all, the Trans ID are 22 each, plus amounts and dates, leaves me enough to put ips in and that its
Is this what you are putting into 'Other Comments'?
If so and you are still failing recovery, leave it out and try what I suggested above.
Use 'Other Comments' to tell them:
* you are submitting from the creation address
* state the current email (the one you are trying to change)
* have you ever had other older emails registered on the account? If so, state them too

The ip isn't all that useful and can be left out as ips change.
When it comes to your internet, the really useful information is the ISP, not the ip.
Forum Community Helper -

16-Jan-2024 01:32:26

GodLive4ever
Jan Member 2024

GodLive4ever

Then why are they asking for it in the description who my isp is, I put that in the drop down arrow, why should I have to type it in again? Ip tells them location roughly and the computer it came from I thought? I did it from my creation computer today.

I put in the email that isn't working, I said I am not receiving emails on my reg email anymore. the email I have them sending the reply to is well I fgured the email they would change it to. The recovery is for a password change, I haven't tried to recover email to make a different one.

Account recovery is the same for email/pass right?

16-Jan-2024 02:13:08

Quick find code: 408-409-995-66292836 Back to Top