Forums

I need to speak w/a J mod

Quick find code: 408-409-190-66275637

I Keep A Hat
Mar Member 2024

I Keep A Hat

Posts: 133 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I moved to Egypt in 2022. I am from Florida. I recovered my def pure in 2022, but did not start to play until recently. I had my dad add mebership, via the phone with him at his house, as it is difficult to pay for such things in this country. My account is now locked. I made the account 17 years ago. Everything I type in to recover the account gets me denied. They locked the account on the basis of suspicious activity. The IP change obviously was drastic. I had full 3rd age and 139m. And i spent ages killing chikens to get 65 def and 49 hp with 1 all other combat stats. Please some one help me recover my account. I was a kid when I made it, its linked to my moms email and she is dead. What do I do? i rember the 2 longest passwords, the 2 bank pins, every item I've owned that was big ticket, I can tell them the exact address I made it, and the address it played on the most when my dad got us a new house. I am 30 years old. And am dealing with mental health issues. This has set me over the edge. I can provide my state id, my passport, my dad just added 80 for a year subscription. I played 1 day. They kicked me when he got 99 magic. What do I do? Can't I call? All my friends are on that friends list. I'm in a country where everyone speaks arabic and I only speak english. These were my only friends. I cant recal there usernames because the dumb ways they spelt it. What do I do? I provided everything I could. Please some one help me get ahold of Jagex. I'm lossing my will to live. Here Be Dragons.

01-Mar-2023 15:24:02

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Recovery attempts need to be made from the country of origin without the use of a VPN. In this case you certainly wouldn't be able to recover it from Egypt if it was created in America.

The troublesome aspect of your post is the fact you say your dad just added membership to it and it was locked the instant "he" got 99 magic. Implying that more than one person is playing on the account. Which account sharing is against the rules.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

01-Mar-2023 17:34:12

Sady
Oct Member 2010

Sady

Posts: 121 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the he, he was referring to is the character.. I know jagex supports sucks.. point blank period. Sadly he will just get a robot response and they will reject his appeal.. even with all of the wonderful documents he has. I mean, you can use those documents IRL at gov't offices to get stuff renewed but not recover an account.. I'm sorry this has happened to you mate. The only time you get a human response from a jmod, it seems, is if you are 1. famous on R or 2. it is about buying tons of keys and other MTX crud. I wish you luck my mate!

01-Mar-2023 17:48:19

Runewalker
May Member 2016

Runewalker

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The issue with using the "government" id's to recover accounts, is that you did not use them to create the account. If someone uses their id and says hey this is me, and its a hijacker, the account would be gone for good.

01-Mar-2023 20:57:41

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you move away from country of creation and have to recover said account in that same year, after recovery not used to play or maximize its security, waiting until 2023 to start playing, linked to an email you do not have control of, paid membership by someone else ... all together not the best situation to make claims after being locked.

There are many variables Jagex/JMods do check in such cases to see if facts do check said story correctly and verify the position said players is in. If you fail on too many checks there's nothing more that can be done than make a new account to play RuneScape from said location and recover that account once you get back home to Florida.

If your current recoveries are being denied instantly there's nothing that can be done to change said situation.

01-Mar-2023 23:36:28

The contents of this message have been hidden

02-Mar-2023 06:35:47

Ms Toxicity
Jul
fmod Member

Ms Toxicity

Forum Moderator Posts: 78,487 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I appreciate that you are keen for assistance, Grumpy Dark, but using this thread to highlight your plight is not welcome. As such, your post above has been removed.

As for your question, you have just learned a RS/OSRS life lesson. If you have traded with another, rather than using the lending system, then you will have to rely on the good nature of him/her to return your lost items. There is nothing further that can be done to resolve this problem.
Forum Help

02-Mar-2023 10:51:01

Grumpy Dark

Grumpy Dark

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I appreciate that you are keen for assistance, Grumpy Dark, but using this thread to highlight your plight is not welcome. As such, your post above has been removed.

As for your question, you have just learned a RS/OSRS life lesson. If you have traded with another, rather than using the lending system, then you will have to rely on the good nature of him/her to return your lost items. There is nothing further that can be done to resolve this problem.
I appreciate your concern of helping the people than I understand the mistake lesson learn I'm going just proceed with my request on action in hope for atleast a action. Good day thanks for replying

02-Mar-2023 12:02:58

Quick find code: 408-409-190-66275637 Back to Top