Forums

Combat Achievements - Feedback

Quick find code: 380-381-742-66222944

412Hz
Oct Member 2022

412Hz

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just completed killing a Skotkizo with chinchompa as a final damage and the achievement haven't been earned. Either you meant to damage skotkizo with chinchompa as a most damage dealt weapon, either the task is not working. Please, verify this issue. Also, tasks are not very clear in some cases.

23-Jul-2021 11:15:56

412Hz
Oct Member 2022

412Hz

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On top of that., none of the personal best time bosses are counted in the tasks which is annoying. Moreover, tasks like kill 500 zulrah is a grind rather than skill. Combat achievement should replicate more of the pushing skills tasks (kill alchemical hydra with dharoks) rather than kill count. These are very boring tasks, meanwhile personal best time forces you to think out of the box how to deliver that time (different methods of killing boss).

23-Jul-2021 11:27:23

C apn
Dec Member 2019

C apn

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, my only complaint is that the private GWD instances are a hard-tier unlock, I'm an iron, I don't care about the GWD instances, you guys so kindly already gave me one.

The thing that irritates me is that most of the GWD Elite tasks are bound to the Hard Private-Instance reward. Why do we have to complete all Easy, Medium & Hard tasks which are many hours within itself, just to be able to complete a single Elite task. I can appreciate that you want this solo, but why not make the private instances available to everyone, just make cheaper throughout the tiers of task..

For example: Make a private instance 500k for a player without the diaries done, 450k for easy, 400k for medium 250k for hard or something along those lines.

I want to unlock the individual elite tasks, such as killing Sara without taking damage, or melee only, etc, but I can't, until I spend atleast 5 hours farming keys for Bryophyta and Obor.

23-Jul-2021 20:31:49

ShawnBW

ShawnBW

Posts: 1,070 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1) Give an alternative option that can be used in place of the Wilderness activities. I don't go into the Wilderness, I hate the Wilderness, and I NEVER engage in PVP. You shouldn't be forcing PVP activities down the throats of those who don't want to do them, and being forced into the Wilderness is the same as being forced into PVP. Also, don't replace them with something that may require a group, either, as this game should still remain capable of having the ability to solo through all activities. The very fact that it requires bosses that are in the Wilderness is enough that I'll NEVER do the Combat Achievements.

2) Remove the boss encounters from the lower-tier difficulties and place them in the higher-tier difficulties. I don't see why the Easy one would require KBD when bosses should be reserved specifically for harder difficulties. You could even eliminate bosses from all of them, then add a new, final category where it's ONLY the bosses, though this is another option. Make a joke and call it "Like a Boss", or something, for the difficulty tier title. For the icons, just insert the mithril or adamantite weapon image and move rune, dragon, and godsword down one space.

3) If you want PVP, make a PVP-specific thing with PVP-specific rewards. ALL of the Wilderness is to be regarded as PVP content, even if the player isn't "required" to fight another player. Separate out PVP from PVM; the two clearly DO NOT mix with each other and I'm tired of their merging.

4) Also, fix the "Reveal" for showing total time played, as it interrupts actions, such as mining essence blocks. Why is there a warning prompt on this? Remove the prompt, it's not needed. When the prompt is disabled, clicking to reveal that total time player still interrupts actions; fix it, and stop introducing things that cause actions to be interrupted, especially during monotonous tasks that are considered afk.

24-Jul-2021 10:15:42 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2021 11:03:09 by ShawnBW

ShawnBW

ShawnBW

Posts: 1,070 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
On top of that., none of the personal best time bosses are counted in the tasks which is annoying. Moreover, tasks like kill 500 zulrah is a grind rather than skill. Combat achievement should replicate more of the pushing skills tasks (kill alchemical hydra with dharoks) rather than kill count. These are very boring tasks, meanwhile personal best time forces you to think out of the box how to deliver that time (different methods of killing boss).

I also agree with this. I hate bosses as it is, even with just one of them, but 500? NO! It was bad enough for me to grind through 27 Vorkath kills before I was lucky with a head drop and annoying enough to kill Zulrah a single time for an Achievement Diary. Not everyone likes bosses, so reduce the numbers to something more acceptable.

----
Just to also give one final followup to my previous response:
I'm actually on the antisocial spectrum, so I don't even do group activities with people I don't know if doing so requires some sort of communication and coordination. In fact, I can't deal with people to such a degree, I restored the use of my Quest Cape by way of soloing through Theatre of Blood for the quest, despite how the multiple tries in that raid is useless. Die, get another chance, but no resupplying before retrying the one you died at. Die at the final boss, no resupplying before retrying the final boss you died at, can't even resign, thus you're forced to humiliate yourself by letting yourself get killed 2 more times just to resupply and retry the entire thing. Like, if you can't beat it with supplies, how can you without???

That's also despite my combat skills actually being rather low because I've been saving combat for after I finish every other skill. So, solo activities are a must, especially with Iron accounts being a thing, but this game was also built on the idea of everything being possible to solo if you didn't mind the increased difficulty.

24-Jul-2021 10:18:24 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2021 10:45:23 by ShawnBW

CapitalPain
Mar Member 2024

CapitalPain

Posts: 1,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
who are these for woox lool

come on i get what your trying but they wayyyy to hard.

Dial them down and make it achievable for 40% at least you have made it 10%

ill never be able to do inferno or solo raids so ill never get the good stuff but at least let me get hard lol

26-Jul-2021 23:56:34

Quick find code: 380-381-742-66222944 Back to Top