Forums

New Client Features: Drop 1

Quick find code: 380-381-734-66219891

Nerf It

Nerf It

Posts: 3,121 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So this doesn't work with the official client downloaded from the runescape website?
I was really looking forward to potion timers.
Will this feature be added to the regular client in the future?
Too Powerful
Needs a Nerf

24-Jun-2021 05:33:07

Cody C
Dec Member 2016

Cody C

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a suggestion I'm trying to get to the mods regarding the issue with people wanting prayer restore from killing hellhounds and bloodvelds in the catacombs, but I'm having trouble. What about keeping the ash drops, and adding the option to buy an unlock with slayer points that either adds bones to hellhounds and bloodvelds in the catacombs or swaps the ashes for bones? That would keep the polled changes while giving the prayer restore back to those who want it without adding prayer restore to other monsters through ashes. Maybe call it the "give a dog a bone" perk or something lol.
This is my fifth try. Please notice me :]

24-Jun-2021 08:22:39 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2021 08:24:31 by Cody C

HerbieG
Dec Member 2019

HerbieG

Posts: 582 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All I've noticed, using the Windows client, is that my game now has a ton of lag. Can't do anything but skill, and that is kind of painful. Could it be an unintended consequence of your staff spending so much time and energy on this new Steam client?
Not moving to Steam; hoping you fix the Windows client soon.

25-Jun-2021 22:42:11

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I see this update as a huge milestone in the games life. Not because new features are finally in the official client but because this is a huge change that went by completely unpolled. In the past previous updates managed to slip by without a poll, but mostly they felt like isolated incidents but this feels very different.

Old School is meant to be a community driven game that polls content so people can't complain about changes. If 75% of the community want a change then it is very hard to argue against that, even if you are passionately against the change. Now we're seeing regular and large unpolled changes completely undermining this core.

As a long term player I feel completely betrayed by the Old School team and have lost a huge amount of trust in their ability to curate this game in the long term. It saddens me because I have a lot of passion for this game and have always been proud of it's community driven roots.

I know there are more plans for unpolled changes and I hope the Old School team go back to their roots, making sure this game is community driven and I sincerely hope that happens before my disconnect from the game goes beyond the point of no return.
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update.
I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

25-Jun-2021 23:14:16

Mulhalo
Oct Member 2023

Mulhalo

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are so many awesome additions already included in the first milestone drop, but seeing some of the "in-the-works" features being worked on during the stream made me very, VERY excited to know that I can make the switch to the Steam client permanently in the future.

It's a great idea, I (and many others I'm sure) definitely prefer the idea of playing on an official client owned and maintained by Jagex and having this on Steam now is just the cherry on top.

Great features so far, can't wait to see more!
Enjoy yourself!

29-Jun-2021 19:14:59

Quick find code: 380-381-734-66219891 Back to Top