Forums

Below Ice Mountain

Quick find code: 380-381-710-66211710

Sika
Feb Member 2017

Sika

Posts: 5,408 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I enjoyed how much effort has put in detail, "F2P motherlode mine" is also pretty good, but I think it's rewards are on that state they could be better.
Only
Enter Your Password On

Official Runescape Websites (double check URL)

15-Apr-2021 21:14:00

RealRatBasta

RealRatBasta

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex,

I'll start off by saying the new Below Ice Mountain content is great, and a fresh new area like this is exactly what F2P users needed! Along with making most of the rewards untradeable, it is perfect for new players and veterans to skill without being pestered by bots or gold farmers. First, I'm receiving 24xp per barronite deposit, not 28 as stated in the blog. However, hotfix nerfing the xp rates for MINING the day after launch just doesn't make sense. The training methods for mining are some of the lowest in the game across F2P and P2P, and the justification for the nerfs being "the content is intended for low-mid level gaps in F2P" just doesn't make sense.

The Camdozaal area was clearly designed for more than just a low level training method, as evidenced by the rewards in every area of the mine, encouraging players to spend a large amount of time in Camdozaal, taking advantage of everything it has to offer. However, flat nerfing the xp rates to the best way of getting barronite will only hurt this content in the long run, especially among F2P. Since the best mining training method for xp is unlocked at level 15, not only does it discourage replayability of the area, but is a slap in the face to anyone who looked forward to a viable new way to train mining. I remember one of the New Year's resolutions from the OldSchool team was to make OSRS the most popular MMO in 2021. Making introductory content to the game unrewarding to replay in order to appeal to a vocal minority of the playerbase that wants nothing to change about the game is not how to accomplish that.

As much as everyone loves strip mining, consider making mining xp rates in this content actually worthwhile. It's much more fulfilling to the player to feel like they're not wasting time playing fresh content that the OldSchool devs put hard work into, and just hurts the content in the long run.

15-Apr-2021 21:40:39

Whammaster

Whammaster

Posts: 10,649 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So previously I was getting 23k exp per hour mining and about 2k smithing. Now I'm getting 8.5k mining exp and 1.5k smithing exp. these rates are with all mining buffs in the caves.

deplorable. only reason to do this content is for the extra RC exp when training combat and to fill out the log.

Id be fine if you meet somewhere in the middle tbh.

I also reported the bug where if you teleport out of the caves from a random event that if a golem spawns in your previous area you are forced back to your death respawn location.

15-Apr-2021 23:48:46 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2021 23:50:22 by Whammaster

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Thank you for the Hotfix! The 10% buff is much more lucrative :D .

Also:
The chance of successfully mining Barronite at high Mining levels as been decreased, but the chance at low Mining levels has been increased.

Has , not as -- may want to be fixed at some point :P . Sorry. lol.

- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

16-Apr-2021 14:46:20

Deitord

Deitord

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RealRatBasta said :
Jagex,

I'll start off by saying the new Below Ice Mountain content is great, and a fresh new area like this is exactly what F2P users needed! Along with making most of the rewards untradeable, it is perfect for new players and veterans to skill without being pestered by bots or gold farmers. First, I'm receiving 24xp per barronite deposit, not 28 as stated in the blog. However, hotfix nerfing the xp rates for MINING the day after launch just doesn't make sense. The training methods for mining are some of the lowest in the game across F2P and P2P, and the justification for the nerfs being "the content is intended for low-mid level gaps in F2P" just doesn't make sense.

You are totally right. As I said before, the new update was perfect as was the day of release, really wasn't needed change the XP or drop rates, I and everyone (except two o three weird guys) were very happy and satisfied.

Whammaster said :
So previously I was getting 23k exp per hour mining and about 2k smithing. Now I'm getting 8.5k mining exp and 1.5k smithing exp. these rates are with all mining buffs in the caves.

deplorable. only reason to do this content is for the extra RC exp when training combat and to fill out the log.

Id be fine if you meet somewhere in the middle tbh.

I also reported the bug where if you teleport out of the caves from a random event that if a golem spawns in your previous area you are forced back to your death respawn location.

Yeah! Jagex should rollback all the hotfixes and keep it as was originally. It was fun because less deposits, making them very special and uniques and doing less runs (so more afk friendly), and great XP compared with now!

16-Apr-2021 20:41:27 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2021 20:47:33 by Deitord

Whammaster

Whammaster

Posts: 10,649 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rates are now 13k mining exp with moderate attention and 1.6k smithing exp per hour.

This was done at 65 mining with all passives and the 1hr boost if that does anything. (F2P)

17-Apr-2021 07:55:26 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2021 07:59:39 by Whammaster

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having played the content and, barring one artefact, finished the log, I'm very pleased overall! I hope Camdozaal shall make appearances in future quests. There are two pressing issues, however (apart from the runecrafting cores' not being... quite so useful; the experience would need a boost given the very slow method of obtaining them).

The first is access. Even with Lassar Teleport, the place is rather tedious to reach. My suggestion would be to add an old ring that you can uncommonly find in fish carcasses (locking it behind combat seems like a poor idea, and mining has plenty of unique rewards). Ramarno would repair it for you in return for some barronite and cosmic runes, thus providing you with a method of teleportation to Camdozaal. The dwarves practised magic, after all, so it is not unthinkable that they fashioned teleportation jewellery. At the very least at an agility shortcut from the entrance of the ruins to the area just west of it.

The other is the vault. Currently, it is just isn't remotely worthwhile playing this unless you are very low-levelled and F2P. I'm not saying it should be spitting out dragon weaponry, but at least letting the rewards scale with your levels or quest points somewhat would be welcome. Even some cosmetic reward could be nice.

Finally, it'd be nice to be able to store the barronite mace in your POH somewhere. Ideally the costume room would get a weapon storage unit, but mounting it in your quest hall (like Silverlight and Excalibur) works too.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

19-Apr-2021 12:12:08

Dogzie

Dogzie

Posts: 56 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please allow players to break down mace pieces into Barronite shards (like how you can turn Zulrah drops into Zulrah scales). Additional uses for Barronite shards would also be great!

However, overall I think this is strong F2P update. Well done!

20-Apr-2021 13:51:46

haven-is-me

haven-is-me

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said :
The first is access. Even with Lassar Teleport, the place is rather tedious to reach. My suggestion would be to add an old ring that you can uncommonly find in fish carcasses (locking it behind combat seems like a poor idea, and mining has plenty of unique rewards). Ramarno would repair it for you in return for some barronite and cosmic runes, thus providing you with a method of teleportation to Camdozaal. The dwarves practised magic, after all, so it is not unthinkable that they fashioned teleportation jewellery. At the very least at an agility shortcut from the entrance of the ruins to the area just west of it.

100% agree with this. It also works narratively with the idea of bringing life back to Camdozaal.

I think this is a great update and the overall look of the place is very unique and made great use of the OSRS style. Please don't listen to the people saying you aren't releasing content, this is awesome content.

The only thing i have to say is make the cores a little more useful (boost xp given, or make them drop more frequently)

21-Apr-2021 18:21:36

Bruswic
Aug Member 2023

Bruswic

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

Thanks for a new f2p content. Its nice to see!

I strongly suggest to change so you cannot get duplicates of the new f2p unique drops for 5 kudos points and the equipable hammer. As of now it will take 10000 deposits to get all the unique items. First get a deposit 1/5 you are mining. Then get a unique from that in 1/200 and on top on that have a 1/7 change to get the unique you want.

Plz make these uniques either so you can choose which one you want or that u cannot get duplicates. I have a friend who just got his 6th unique where 3 of them are duplicates... In 6h of mining he got 2 kudos and 60k mining xp. And for each unique you get the lower the change of getting the one you are missing.

Best regards Brusewitz

23-Apr-2021 09:57:14

Quick find code: 380-381-710-66211710 Back to Top