Forums

Equipment Rebalance Postponed

Quick find code: 380-381-694-66202615

GEN OS KWA

GEN OS KWA

Posts: 244 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Damn right it should be postponed and I have given many good reasons why as have many, many others.

Might be time to stop listening to all those mains on rs3 hiding behind lvl 3/ lvl 30 alts on twitter and reddit, dontcha think?.... and instead listening to the OSRS community and honouring the polling system, yeah?

And while your at it, - pay more attention to what people are saying on your OFFICIAL FORUMS instead. Reddit and Twiitter ARE NOT the official OSRS forums.

09-Feb-2021 16:32:49 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2021 16:39:55 by GEN OS KWA

iron itg
Oct Member 2014

iron itg

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"we strongly believe that important unpolled game balance changes are needed"

I vehemently disagree with this statement. Nobody better understands the needs of the game than the players, and nobody has to face the consequences of updates run amok more than the player base, many of whom have spent serious time in this game. Our feedback isn't just whining and complaining, we are a community of experts.

Jagex seems very determined to skip polling this change - I strongly urge a careful reconsideration of this position, as if a change truly is in the best long-term interests of the game, it will be able to pass a poll. We know what we are talking about. We have a very strong interest in the longevity of the game - in fact, we the players are the source of the game's longevity. Please recognize that.

If it can't pass a poll, it doesn't belong ingame.

09-Feb-2021 16:33:02 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2021 16:43:58 by iron itg

Sunda0wner1
Aug Member 2011

Sunda0wner1

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rebalancing makes a little sense, but here are some major points:

1) Let the community vote OR Make sure that you discuss the matter OPENLY and consider our opinions carefully!

I feel like this the latter is the case and that is one reason for postponing the update.

2) Don't change items that have been in the game for so long. Ppl have chosen to play this game with these items in the game. It will be unfair to new players that have to do the same content with worse items.

For example the blowpipe. It's the one of the few "cheap" but powerful items. For normal players, that aren't too rich, this is the one items they can use for everything. If you are going to nerf this item, all normal players have suddenly no choice other than using a cheap and bad alternative.

In case you really want to nerf the blowpipe, consider adding a different item that can be obtained for normal players that is better than the current alternative to fill the gap towards high-end gear. You could also make the crystal bow a bit better in stead of only the armor.

3) Consider adding new items to the game for specific account builds. Yes it's nice to have a dragon warhammer on an obby account, but what is then the point of attack. Rune warhammers have been in the game for IDK how long. How can you change that.

Bring a very strong 1 attack weapon in the game, for example boost the obby maul with an attachment.
Bring new items in the game where specific builds favor more than others, that brings some variety for the players.
Bring niche items to the game for specific situations, as with the dragon hunter crossbow.

In case you nerf black dragonhide, then allow chaps/vambs/ (coifs?) for 1 defense, to compensate. Some pures have their accounts for years now, how can you take away the beloved black chaps.

09-Feb-2021 16:46:33

Crazydog33

Crazydog33

Posts: 3,565 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is absolutely vital that we be allowed to vote on these proposed changes. Last time a "rebalancing" was attempted without a poll, EOC happened. You arbitrarily ruined the game and rendered it unplayable. I had no choice but to walk away from over 250 days of total time played, and I've never been able to go back.

I don't play OSRS as much as I used to, but I do need to step up and say something about this, because you're about to repeat the same mistakes that ruined everything last time.

I might be persuaded to vote for some of the proposed changes (such as adjustment or rebalancing of lower-leveled metal equipment), if it was well-designed, properly implemented, and took into consideration feedback all the way.

dhide changes are poorly thought out (why reduce its magic defense?), I would vote against that.

As for the blowpipe... it's been OP for 6 years. The time to arbitrarily nerf it was when it was introduced, or shortly after. Ask the community for suggestions, and pitch a few of the most popular. Let us vote on them.

09-Feb-2021 16:53:25 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2021 16:57:44 by Crazydog33

GEN OS KWA

GEN OS KWA

@ iron itg

----------------------

''Nobody better understands the needs of the game than the players, and nobody has to face the consequences of updates run amok more than the player base, many of whom have spent serious time in this game. Our feedback isn't just whining and complaining, we are a community of experts''...

AND AGAIN ...

''I strongly urge a careful reconsideration of this position, as if a change truly is in the best long-term interests of the game, it will be able to pass a poll''...

-----------------------

Excellent and well said.

The polling system stands on its own merits, - and is a TRUE reflection of the ACTUAL playerbase. Not some contrived notion derived from a bunch of clandestine RS3 players on Reddit or Twitter hiding behind throwaway low lvl alt accounts.

09-Feb-2021 17:04:38

GEN OS KWA

GEN OS KWA

@ Fenrir-ulver

''I think it's good that you take a little more time to carry out these additional analyzes more thoroughly''...

Indeed.

But only so long as it is not just mere lip service to placate the playerbase and lull them into a false sense of security temporarily. The fact is, all these nerfs should have been polled. And if they didnt pass that poll, they should never have been considered or implemented. Its that simple. And there has been a justifiable backlash against these unpolled nerfs, much of which is because the playerbase was never given a chance over time to consider the implications of so many of these harsh measures.

For many, it was simply dumped on them whether they liked it or not.

And thats not good enough.

09-Feb-2021 17:19:23

iron itg
Oct Member 2014

iron itg

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've got no clue if there's any appetite for something like this, but here's a possible compromise on the rebalancing issue:

Temporary, consumable enhancements to weapons or armor (scopes, armor reinforcements, etc) that offer a temporary boost to weapon/armor (ie. "a blowpipe with a runite scope will perform like a pre-nerf blowpipe for 2 hours" ). When they wear off, the enhancement is destroyed, not the underlying weapon. They are to be created by players using resources and skills that already exist ingame.

Thus, rebalancing can still occur, existing account builds wouldn't get ruined, and players who decide they need the extra performance can buy it, and some relevance gets breathed back into skills that are a bit "lacking". Also, it's a move away from the "all the best items are from monster drops" mindset.

For example:

Players can boost performance of a ranged weapon for 2 hours by attaching a scope. Attaching the highest level scope would boost blowpipe performance to present-day values.

Scopes are to be tradable, made from resources that already exist (metal, glass, gems, leather, logs, etc), and created by players via crafting/smithing. They would be attached via fletching, or by paying an NPC in the ammo shop.

Another example:

Players can temporarily boost the performance of ranged armor for 2 hours by adding metal studs.

Metal studs are to be tradable, made of resources that already exist, and created by players.

The production rate should be slow, but relatively low effort, and in line with some of the lower xp/hr training methods. It is expected that players doing high-level content will create steady demand for such consumables.

09-Feb-2021 17:59:44 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2021 18:00:59 by iron itg

Zanon23
Jul Member 2019

Zanon23

Posts: 483 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is excellent news about the postponement of this equipment rebalancing and i personally thank you for taking more time to consider our opinons. But as OP said, you have to communicate more with us and LOTS MORE on these forums. You know the OFFCIAL OSRS Forums. I never ever use Reddit or Twitter so i dont ever see any news from OSRS on those sites.

That also leads me to suggest that maybe we can have actually have more Subforum please. It seems RS3 has many of these subforums but we only have a few.

Thank you and stay safe

09-Feb-2021 20:35:25

Quick find code: 380-381-694-66202615 Back to Top