Forums

Equipment Rebalance Postponed

Quick find code: 380-381-694-66202615

Ryushim
Apr Member 2020

Ryushim

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now, you may be wondering, what stats should be altered exactly and by how much? Because both Karil’s and blessed dragonhide have 70 range attack, I think they should both retain the same exact range attack bonuses. However, when considering the 70 versus 40 defense requirement of Karil’s versus Blessed dragonhide respectively, Karil’s should definitely have higher melee defense bonuses as I re-iterated above. The blessed dragonhide will retain the higher prayer bonuses because it is a god item while Karil’s is not. In my view, because Karil’s has the same exact defense requirements to wield as Armadyl, it should have the same exact melee defense bonuses as Armadyl. Armadyl, however, is significantly more costly than Karil’s which is why it deserves to still have the higher range attack, prayer (because a god item), and magic defense bonuses (still be the better option versus magic users and for bossing). Additionally, Karil’s armor is a barrows armor, which tend to be more tanky in general.

The following defense bonuses below shows a comparison of blessed dragonhide without the shield and then without the shield, vambraces, and boots to Karil’s and Armadyl, which have only helmet, body, and skirt. The defense bonuses are shown in the same order as the OSRS wiki (stab, slash, crush, magic, range defenses).

Blessed Dragonhide defense bonuses without shield:
- 100, 88, 114, 94, 98

Blessed Dragonhide defense bonuses without shields, vambraces, and boots: (This is the comparison that we care about because Karil’s does not have vambraces, boots or shield)
- 90, 79, 103, 82, 94
- Will be better than Karil’s with respect to prayer bonuses

Karil’s overall defense bonuses:
- 79, 71, 90, 106, 100

- New proposed overall Karil’s defense bonuses: 94, 82, 105, 106, 100

12-Feb-2021 18:30:57

Ryushim
Apr Member 2020

Ryushim

Armadyl’s overall defense bonuses:
- 94, 82, 105, 120, 98

- Notice how Armadyl will still be significantly better than Karil’s with respect to the following: no degradation, higher range attack, higher magic defense, and has prayer bonuses (+3). This is what will ultimately justify the higher cost that is observed with Armadyl versus Karil’s.

Another alternative that would work is to nerf the Blessed dragonhide so that it has melee defenses in between Black dragonhide and Karil’s. That would also solve the problem of the inconsistency between Blessed dragonhide and Karil’s. However, I still think Karil’s deserves to have the melee defense of Armadyl due to the wielding requirements, the degradation cost, and the fact that it’s a barrow’s armor.

Lastly, these ideas above are also coming from a player who does not have either Karil’s or Armadyl. I have only blessed dragonhide. I just want what’s best for the game in terms of balance. Also, what I’m proposing above with Karil’s will cause an increase in demand of this armor, which will drive up the price as well (as has already been observed with the dragonhide nerfs being announced).

Ultimately, this is how everything would look like in terms of the progression of a range player’s armor starting from black dragonhide and improving the armor to armadyl:
- black dragonhide < blessed dragonhide < karil’s < armadyl

This is different than how it is right now:
- black dragonhide = blessed dragonhide &#8776; karil’s < armadyl.

(&#8776 ;) approximately equal (Note: Karil’s is better only with respect to range and magic defense than dragonhide and worse in terms of prayer with respect to blessed dragonhide)

12-Feb-2021 18:31:40

Ryushim
Apr Member 2020

Ryushim

Here is why I believe it makes sense that you postponed the blowpipe nerf:
- I don’t really have much to say on this because your reasoning makes perfect sense for this weapon. There are a lot of gaps created by the nerf and it would be nice to see what replacements will be coming in the future. You have already mentioned this so I don’t have much to say on the matter. My only hope is that the blowpipe nerf only occurs at the same time as the gaps are being filled (the new weapons are introduced or whatever plans you may have). In my mind, that is what a healthy blowpipe update looks like.

Hope you consider what I have to say here! Thanks!

12-Feb-2021 18:33:12

Quick find code: 380-381-694-66202615 Back to Top