Forums

Equipment Rebalance Postponed

Quick find code: 380-381-694-66202615

Indigocloud
Jan Member 2022

Indigocloud

Posts: 511 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Glad this happened. I see what you are aiming for but I agree 100% we deserve to vote on any of these changes. We are the ones actually playing the game and making meta decisions for us on equipment we have had forever is just not fair. Especially without offering any alternative or filler at all just expecting us to find some way to deal with it. If you can't find a way to get what your aiming for without just nerfing things you simply have no right to change it at all. Find better solutions to this if you want us to adjust strategies by adding things not taking things away from us. And then we should get to vote anyways if your gonna offer us a diplomatically grown game you should actually hold to that promise and not treat us like children as you simply change things that almost none of us want to be changed. Let us vote or simply forget whatever it is you think your doing.

09-Feb-2021 21:43:48

Hoppy390

Hoppy390

Posts: 2,662 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Genuinely suprised you are postponing it... Didn't think you cared about the game but i guess you have realised it will likely damage the integrity of OSRS by rushing through an un-polled "re-balancing fix" 6 years after the blowpipe was introduced. This sounds like a dig but it genuinely isn't meant as one. We should be commending you for listening for once before implenting something that wasn't really requested and doesn't sit well with a large majority of the playerbank

Whilst you are listening any ideas on whether you'd buff the neglected salamanders? Salamander having a random chance of hitting like dragonfire or adding special attack option e.g. 30-60% use of special bar? Keep in mind it is a close quarter weapon with poor mage xp and minimal damage output and sees little to no use anywhere other than welfare barrows set up. Also keep in mind dragonfire damage is only allowed for ranging at present and if you are re-balancing things then mage and melee should get this option too and what better way than a weapon that can use all 3 styles. For those suggesting it is too cheap my only answer is the price is set by the market... trashy items sell cheap but functional items become more expensive and vice versa. Look at zulrah scales...

10-Feb-2021 09:15:16 - Last edited on 10-Feb-2021 09:22:10 by Hoppy390

Mega Butter

Mega Butter

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm sorry, but this is a testament to how small and few the loud are. I've been playing OSRS since it debut, and have played Runescape since 2007 or 2008 (cant remember that far back). Everyone here is upset that one item, one singular item, is getting balanced to match the PVE content that was meant to have other fighting styles, not even just a range battle, but other forms of combat that would be more dependable. The amount of unecessary angry directed towards the hard working DEVs is astounding. They would need to make balances unrolled because they were right, 35% of the community (minority) wouldn't want to see change. The fact of the matter is balancing is needed to allow room for new items to take place. I think it's funny when everyone on this post says that only fake scapers want change, when in fact the blowpipe is too damn cheap and easy to get in comparison to its utility. Everyone needs to learn how to adapt to balance, they're not even making mechanical changes to the game, strictly changing a few numbers. Get over the fact that it's coming, and learn how to play with the new balance. The worst kind of thing you can do is assume nothing will change, and that it will remain good.

11-Feb-2021 15:05:45

Einzelkampf
Aug Member 2023

Einzelkampf

Posts: 48 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's good that this update has been postponed!

Do a better Job!

- In other games, items are not nerfed after 6 years! but they bring new items into the game or older items are reinforced.
- The idea of buffing the Crystal Armor is a good step.
- But if Karils should be equal to the Bowpipe, u should also strengthen this weapon or the Karil set. The ammo should also be able to be supplied into the Xbow like the blowpipe.

You can also bring other updates without nerfting or buffing the items.
- For example a boss who stunts the player throughout the fight. So that you cannot use the blowpipe's tik advantage.
- Maybe a boss with skin so strong that darts won't do any harm. That only bolts have an effect.
- A boss who can only be attacked with special bolts or arrows. A new ore? a new poison? something you can't make darts out of.
- The blowpipe also has a short range. You could develop bosses who stand further away so you can't use the blowpipe! (Zuk for example)

There are so many simple Ideas! Why nerfing the item??

Statements about the blowpipe:

The blowpipe would do too much DPS with bronze darts.
- Well I think you shouldn't be able to use bronze - Mith with in the blowpipe.

The blowpipe is too cheap for the power
- That's not true. Here you not only need ammunition, but also scales. Rune Darts and Dragon Darts are shit expensive and even more difficult to get as an Ironman.
- In this Point Jagex has to wipe their own door and finally eliminate the bot problem at Zulrah!
Since I've been playing Ironman, I've seen how difficult it is to get the Blowpipe. If there wouldnt be any Zulrah bots, the blowpipe would cost around 9mil+ and the scales would be much more expensive!

11-Feb-2021 15:50:43 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2021 16:02:00 by Einzelkampf

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lmao. You're only doing this so people don't review bomb the steam release.

As soon as it's out you're gonna force this nonsense down everyone's throat again.

I support some of these changes. I don't support any of them being implemented without a poll.

If you want to force some integrity changes, you should start with yourselves.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

11-Feb-2021 20:00:43 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2021 20:02:17 by Miu

lm Wilhelm
Apr Member 2017

lm Wilhelm

Posts: 1,028 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^^ holy good point, the steam release could well have something to do with it.

What annoys me is that content creators will start making videos about unbalanced gear in PVP and, while there are some awesome content creators who know this game so much more than I do, this game thrived on the polling system. It's a big part of why I play and why I believe hours of playing wont be jeopardized with updates.

Listen to your entire community Jagex it's what made DeviousMud and Classic and RS1 so successful.

Please don't pull the Al Kharid Magic Carpet from under my feet. Sand don't taste good, I've tried it.
Unless you haven't got a clue.
Always do your clues.

11-Feb-2021 21:48:05

GEN OS KWA

GEN OS KWA

Posts: 244 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey here is how I wanna feel,...

Redbone, - ' Suzi Girl,- 1974.

---------------------------

I dont want any garbage,... all I care about is love and forgiveness, because you cant take anything else with you when you die....

---------------------------

I, I hear a sound inside my head
I gotta know it, it's a product of my invention
Power of your suggestion
Thirty-two bars of electric guitars
And a choir of angels remounding the milky way
That's how I feel when I'm with you, Suzi girl

[Chorus]
Suzi girl, you're my world
And I think about you, think about you
All day long
Suzi girl, you're my whole wide world
And I think about just loving you
The whole day long

[Verse 2]
Free, free as the sun up in the sky
Free as a bird I fly away into new directions
Making unreal corrections
Swooping in air at impossible speeds
And I head for the moon
And I'm there in a flash of light

[Chorus]
And I think about you, think about you
All day long
And I think about just loving you
The whole day long

I, I see a carnaval of joy
I smell the cotton
Then the merry-go-round illusion
There is no right conclusion
People play games for a cuddly toy
And a marching band plays
For the children who laugh with me

And I think about you
Think about you all day long
And I think about,....

Redbone, native Americans, 1974,... Suzi Girl.

A classic.

12-Feb-2021 14:31:48

Ryushim
Apr Member 2020

Ryushim

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First, I want to say once again thank you for working so hard to get these equipment balancing changes right. Most of us appreciate this! I can understand the need to postpone making sure you have approached all of the changes correctly and thoroughly considered the feedback.

Second, I will say that I ultimately feel ambivalent about postponing all of the equipment re-balancing changes. I felt that a majority of what you proposed would have been fine and accepted ultimately by much of the player base. I even felt that the final iteration of the Dinh’s Bulwark nerf was perfectly fine and had a good balance of compromise between the PvMer and PKer because you have to consider both simultaneously when you are balancing this item. There is Wilderness content for both PvMer and PKer.

The only two balancing changes that I really believe deserved postponing are the dragonhide and blowpipe nerfs.

12-Feb-2021 18:29:03

Ryushim
Apr Member 2020

Ryushim

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here is why for the dragonhide nerf:
- For the dragonhide nerf, I once again want to reiterate that I completely approve of the black dragonhide being nerfed. I also approve of the final iteration of the blessed dragonhide where it wasn’t nerfed at all. The one other thing you should really consider is updating Karil’s. I don’t understand why blessed dragonhide should be as good as Karil’s and even better in some regards (the prayer bonus specifically). As far as I am aware, Karil’s is only better than blessed dragonhide with regards to range and magic defense, which is not good enough. Here is why Karil’s should be superior to blessed dragonhide in almost every respect (with the exception of range attack and the prayer bonus):
- a. Karil’s has 70 range AND 70 defense requirements. Blessed dragonhide has the 70 range requirement but has only 40 defense requirement. Therefore, it should have lower overall defensive stats to Karil’s in general.

- b. Karil’s costs more than blessed dragonhide. The cost justifies the increased stats.

- c. Karil’s armor degrades while blessed dragonhide does not. The constant upkeep of Karil’s resulting in an even higher cost (on top of the initial purchase) warrants higher stats than blessed dragonhide.

12-Feb-2021 18:29:42

Quick find code: 380-381-694-66202615 Back to Top