Forums

Shades of Mort'ton Rework

Quick find code: 380-381-689-66200233

iron itg
Oct Member 2014

iron itg

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like what I see, so far. Will be trying it out later this afternoon, looks like a good, well-thought-out idea; although I wish the existing architectural style of the catacombs had been retained, as it was fairly unique.

27-Jan-2021 19:32:06

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,509 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'M DONE I QUIT Jagex I'm tired of you updating ALL the old content and changing everything and anything you want, I'm fucking done. How many years and how much money was wasted on this game only for it to become updated and unauthentic? You're pathetic jagex you know nothing about preserving internet history.

28-Jan-2021 05:23:07

Ahzoh
Mar Member 2024

Ahzoh

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loliskrt said :
So its pointless unless you have 95 fire making because the prayer robes are locked behind that. real fun
The fiyr shades still drop gold keys at a reasonably high chance. Someone said they were getting 1 every 20-30 shades.

29-Jan-2021 19:25:45

Proly Tariat
Aug Member 2019

Proly Tariat

Posts: 1,360 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But these last comments bring up an important point.

If you can only get gold keys from burning fiyr shades or higher, the prayer robes are effectively locked behind a lv 80 FM req.

I don't recall any other skilling outfit being locked behind such a high req. They're just long grinds.

Fishing outfit--almost no reqs
FM--level 50
Con--almost no reqs besides the cost of the grind
WC--a couple easy/med quests
Mining--level 30

Too early to know for sure, but it sounds like the full prayer set takes about 5-10 hours. Maybe on the lower side if buying the pyre logs as well as the shade remains (though, if you're spending bank just to get the outfit, it kinda defeats the purpose of it, no?) Would be very helpful if we could be provided with the specific drop rates.

But based on those estimates, if Fiyr shades have a 1/20-30 drop...we're talking, conservatively, 20+ hours for the outfit if you have 80-94 fm.

This doesn't even consider that you need to have decent combat or gear to grind the shades, if killing yourself.

I suppose it would help if we could hear the team's justification. Like, that it's this difficult to get because we want to make sure prayer remains very difficult and expensive.

My only suggestion would be to make lower level keys give a small chance of dropping the robes:
1/10k for bronze
1/5k for steel
1/1k for black
1/500 for silver
1/100 for gold

Otherwise, I appreciate the team's work and I think the dungeon looks great. Not sure if I will spend anymore time here, but we will see!
Skiller, not a killer. #04veteran and #contentjunkie

Quest Cape: 85 Combat, Music Cape: 90 Combat, Diary Cape: 100 Combat

Check out my clan, Left Scape, for commie madness/dunking on Elon Musk.

30-Jan-2021 15:11:43

Dewarping
May Member 2023

Dewarping

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How does the zealot set's mechanics work with conserving bones and ensouled heads?

I just did a little over 150 heads at the arceuus altar and didn't get a single conservation. Is something broken or am I misunderstanding the mechanics of the set?

30-Jan-2021 22:29:48

Quick find code: 380-381-689-66200233 Back to Top