Forums

A Porcine of Interest

Quick find code: 380-381-656-66174786

Nopea
Dec Member 2017

Nopea

Posts: 185 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"We had also initially proposed the release of Boss Slayer Master, but your feedback was clear - there's too much focus on Slayer when other skills are in need of some love."

Slayer is good and fun but this statement is true. Give some of these old outdated skills some love and attention. We have enough slayer masters and bosses for now.

The new quest is also a great idea. Any content that is aimed at brand new players getting into the game I am 100% for!

Suggestion: Make this quest F2P and allow F2P accounts to get up to 10 slayer. This would encourage newer players to get into p2p content quicker.

13-Aug-2020 16:26:44

DRGNSLAYER85
Feb Member 2024

DRGNSLAYER85

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Excellent!, completely supporting this.

I think that during the quest, this new creature could also be tracked (like herbiboars, but easier obviously) and lured with some kind of bait (such as cabbages from the farm), and include a little hunter exp as quest reward.

Also consider making a superior version of this monster with the bigger and badder perk

14-Aug-2020 05:37:10

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A no requirement quest, nice! I love content that can be enjoyed by the general public. :)

A quest about pigs... Jambon is happy! Walks like an airut, but does it speak like an airut? Four legs good... two legs better! That's a smart piggy! :P

Hey! I think Flying Wild Hog votes YES. :)

15-Aug-2020 20:57:16 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2020 16:23:59 by Dilbert2001

Lucy HFilia

Lucy HFilia

Posts: 308 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Porcine of Interest - I love quests and help for new players (Runescape can be pretty overwhelming, so having some guidance from the game itself is great!), so I do agree with this.

I'm fine with the fashionscape, but I hope we can take it to the next level (sew some goggles onto party hats?)

For the new question (moving Turael to Draynor): This suggestion actually is a bit strange to me. In the past, when everyone who played old school had to do so w/membership only, I would have said yes (new players who are already paying membership should have access to all the skills sooner). However, old school is open to free/members. My understanding is Turael is in Burthope because players should be exploring the new member area and trying to unlock new skills, etc. The better method might be to revamp the "new" "membership" area (ie, Burthope and Taverley) to appeal to people who have "just unlocked membership and crossed the gates to the new world," rather than trying to make the "free to play" area also a members hub. A Porcine of Interest is a great way to encourage new members to explore the member world (a quest that starts in free to play area and pushes you to go into membership areas), but unless free to play will have access to slayer, etc, I think it's weird to put Turael in the non-member area.

Another suggestion would be as a reward to A Porcine of Interest, players can get a games necklace, and a message that says they can use the games necklace to teleport to Turael in the future (to show players fast ways to get to Burthope, etc) to continue their adventures slayer. Also they can be encouraged to view the crafting skill guide on how to make a games necklace with another message (and revamp the crafting skill guide to show recipes?), or to use the grand exchange to buy them from players if they aren't Ironman. This way they also get introduced to teleports, skills, etc.

Hope this helps!

18-Aug-2020 21:57:50

Sand Deity
May Member 2020

Sand Deity

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lucy HFilia said :

For the new question (moving Turael to Draynor): This suggestion actually is a bit strange to me. In the past, when everyone who played old school had to do so w/membership only, I would have said yes (new players who are already paying membership should have access to all the skills sooner). However, old school is open to free/members. My understanding is Turael is in Burthope because players should be exploring the new member area and trying to unlock new skills, etc. The better method might be to revamp the "new" "membership" area (ie, Burthope and Taverley) to appeal to people who have "just unlocked membership and crossed the gates to the new world," rather than trying to make the "free to play" area also a members hub. A Porcine of Interest is a great way to encourage new members to explore the member world (a quest that starts in free to play area and pushes you to go into membership areas), but unless free to play will have access to slayer, etc, I think it's weird to put Turael in the non-member area.

They actually already did this in the main client RS. The entirety of Taverley + Burthorpe is the tutorial island but for members skills.
Congratulations, you just advanced a Defence level.
Your Defence level is now 2.

19-Aug-2020 05:32:43

Quick find code: 380-381-656-66174786 Back to Top