Forums

Poll 72 Game Improvements Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-652-66172687

Mod Acorn

Mod Acorn

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Maxitaxi777 said :
Sweet, love these kind of improvements!

Just one question, I thought in a recent FAQ it was mentioned that poll 72 would probably include moving the 'unlimited rope' perk at KQ lair from elite diary reward, to hard diary reward? Was it an oversight not to have it in this blog, or isn't it gonna be polled? Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

Hi there! We wanted to add it but decided that it didn't fit the "skilling theme" for the blog so we decided to save it for a future one. Don't worry though it's still on the cards and in the backlog!
Associate Producer for Old School RuneScape
@JagexAcorn

30-Jul-2020 07:12:23

unsplashable

unsplashable

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Re-spirit seeds

Many players never intend to get 83 farming, which makes them a pretty disappointing (and indeed useless) drop from monsters/rewards. And even if one have the required level, they are (at best) a 19.5k farming xp lamp that takes 64 hours to yield.

I definitely think spirit seeds need to be updated to give them a use for players that don't have 83 farming, as well as those who cannot grow further spirit trees/have no interest in additional farming experience.

Tier 5 seed packs (effectively a 100k price tag) seems a very reasonable use for spirit seeds given their rarity, but also slow growth rate. If they had a growth rate more on par with dragonfruit trees I think they would have an intrinsic value upwards of 200k, but that is not that case.

Cheers
very big poo

30-Jul-2020 07:13:07

Petra Fiyed

Petra Fiyed

Hey normally I see the updates that are being done by you guys and I am astonished as to how a small team is able to keep a a majority of the players satisfied and stay updating the game at a reasonable pace,. Ability to keep content fresh is a great aspect but sometime we prefer to keep things as they should be such as the cosmetic color of item for the Sara Halo. The name old-school on it's own is the reason I choose to play this because things stay moderately the same as they did back in the "old" days. Please for question 25 don't change the color of the Halo because it is in fact one of my favorite items in the game. It would be a shame to see it get changed over something so obscure , I have limited vision and can clearly tell the difference between a Sara Halo(circle) and a Seren Halo(box).Also bring Nex pls ty.

30-Jul-2020 10:20:33

LordGilGalad
Apr Member 2023

LordGilGalad

Hey there.

Question 1 and Question 2
Would it be possible to have an option for UIMs to only store complete sets of everything like before with the exception of ultra rares?
I feel like this would preserve the current level of challenge in the game mode, while at the same time letting those that manage to achieve a 3rd age piece or a gilded piece keep their achievement instead of having to drop it to another account.

Thank you for all your hard work on keeping Runescape fun :)

30-Jul-2020 10:21:14

Booger brane

Booger brane

Posts: 413 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The hallowed treasure sack is a lackluster proposition. I would like to see a treasure sack that costs 50 hallowed marks and gives you a roll on the 5th floor casket drop table (not the grand casket to be clear). That would give you about 1 extra roll for every 2 runs where you just loot the final floor which I think will feel really rewarding once you have passively accumulated marks and decide to take a break from the sepulchre. I also never want to see the sepulchre rewarding amylase crystals.
Blood fury amulet is a fantastic decision that item seems almost useless at 10% chance for 10% damage heal I just want to say well done on that one and can we also see the elven signet buffed in a similar way even though it has already received a buff its still way too cost ineffective to use crystal tools while wearing a signet, I think 25% on the signet will put it in a better spot where using crystal tools will still cost you more than they are worth but also provide a speed benefit worthwhile.

30-Jul-2020 13:04:23

Phat Yoshi
Jul Member 2018

Phat Yoshi

Posts: 58 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would be nice to save up tons of bank space I have currently consumed by random hard clue piece sets.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to add infinite amount of armor sets to the cases if we have the max available option.

I don't see the need to add seaweed spores from other sources when they in themselves are self-sustaining when planting when they spawn frequently when you're underwater. This would also make lobstrosity's even more dead content as the only other alternative for getting them.

Energy and stamina potions in Rogues Den isn't necessary, you do the grind once for a couple hours and unless you're literally doing it at 50 Agility, you wouldn't run out of energy.

I like the idea of adding the lap tracker to the game, but include the option to toggle it via Big Red Japan NPC for people who don't want to torture themselves by seeing it.

The Hallowed Sepulchre reward for getting people to return to the content is a good idea but the 100k value is lackluster and needs a little more variety or more thought put into it. I myself wouldn't return to content if the only outcome I get is a 100k reward every once in a while. Maybe offer a rare reward from it that you can only get through looting the bag kind of like a Barbarian Assault gamble.

Please just make the Graceful set darker.

30-Jul-2020 18:39:19 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2020 18:41:17 by Phat Yoshi

AMcub
Sep Member 2022

AMcub

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The big thing I'd like some more detail on is the Ancient and Lunar teleport tabs. Naturally, I'd think Desert Treasure and Lunar Diplomacy would have to be prereqs to use either set of tablets. However, I'm more interested in what the secondary items will be. Personally, I don't think it should be soft clay. There's precedent for using something unique for each spell book with the fact that Arceuus tele tabs require a block of Dense Essence to be made. I'm not 100% sure what each secondary item should be, but in both cases it should be something thematically appropriate (and possibly untradeable)

30-Jul-2020 21:41:15

Yeli
Jun Member 2014

Yeli

Posts: 1,368 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You poll to change the Saradomin Halo, which looks amazing with an Elysian Spirit Shield, instead of the Zamorak Halo which looks pink instead of red? Same with "red" graceful... Looks more pink than red. I'd like to see those polled like you did the Dragon Defender.

31-Jul-2020 12:26:58

Dinosaur
Jan Member 2019

Dinosaur

Posts: 362 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since the player base will be pretty divided on the graceful coloring, why not just make a second "darker" dye option to purchase? Then players can choose between black and the charcoal graceful.

This will make use of having more hallowed marks.

With all due respect, in addition, the acorn is a high-prestige item and lowering to 3k would be a mistake. I did HS from 91-99 agility and have all items with over 1.8k tokens left over. Reducing the acorn cost is just appealing to the laziness of others.

31-Jul-2020 13:31:45

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am absolutely stunned that you've introduced eligibility to this poll. Whatever happened to this being a community based game that we can vote on.

I am getting sick and tired of your disregard for the poll system. Unpolled content, ignoring poll results and now voter restrictions.
You're deliberately shunning the very system that allows the community to trust you!
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

31-Jul-2020 14:55:34

Quick find code: 380-381-652-66172687 Back to Top