Forums

Song of the Elves

Quick find code: 380-381-589-66112475

Mme Bovary

Mme Bovary

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably nobody else cares, and probably I'm a whiner, but why did you guys had to change the graphics of the elves and the already existing armour pieces. It maybe doesn't influence in the game considering experience or income of gp, items, but to me, and hopefully to others as well it influences the identity which the game has and for me personally also the joy in a certain way. It's great what the team can do graphically, no hard feelings, but it doesn't feel oldschool at all.

Next time at least poll certain updates as well. We might want a new elf quest, but certainly not if the graphics change so drastically.

Pretty sad.

Kisses,
Mme Bovary

25-Jul-2019 20:57:17

XlXlXlXllXXl
Dec Member 2023

XlXlXlXllXXl

Posts: 158 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On Behalf of Apocalypse [Apoc rs] and many leaders that run a current f2p clan between the combats of 50-60cb on runescape.com in 2019. The updates you wish to have unfold on runescape are by far the worst i've seen since the ruining of runescape in the 2013 era with Evolution of combat aka end of combat. Entangles is by far the worst update you could ever think of when talking about F2P especially not considering to poll it. Tele block was finally passed through without having to poll and by far the best update but that was a 5 year process of polling until finally someone figured out how much it was needed. There should be a poll for entangles at least to know that every single clan and every single member of those clans will vote AGAINST IT. At this current moment the only reason world 308 exists is because of the pures clans that have built up from nothing, not even jagex helps the recruitment or gives any motivation in keeping clans around. Entangles is a 15 second bind and with all the current clans in 2019 holding 1-13 prayer this would ultimately ruin the idea of keeping prayer. If you really want to kill this game keep doing shit like this and i promise you the end of runescape in clanning will happen and you will see a huge playerbase drop.

25-Jul-2019 23:47:14

Zurgarthka

Zurgarthka

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just wanted to try and express my personal opinion on the new chat heads.

For me, the look of OSRS is one of its foundational pillars that makes this game so great and nostalgic. This push for more detail can completely ruin the immersion of the game. The knights of Camelot and the Varrock guards still rub me the wrong way. When I saw that new chat head for Elena, I was immediately reminded of the art style RS3 has, of which I'm not a fan, because it trades that classic charm and imagination, for soulless detail that I always see in mobile games. Yes, OSRS heads aren't the most pretty to look at, but that's why we have an imagination, which might actually be why I feel the old Elena head looks prettier than the new one. The new one just makes her look much too masculine, what with the thick eyebrows and long face. It's hard to imagine that away.

To not even have a poll, asking whether or not to update the aesthetic of an area that's so deeply engrained in peoples childhood is deeply concerning. Anyway that's my take on it. I do hope we get a poll on this in the near future.

26-Jul-2019 01:03:53

Slay Ah Lot
Mar Member 2022

Slay Ah Lot

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What a big disappointment this quest is. All the mods hyping people to do this then they make the boss at end unleass you have blood barrage and high def. I am starting to remember why I quit and vowed to never come back. What kind of dumb clown did the mechanics to last boss (no mechanics, pure black area with a boss that's super high def, heals, then hits for -1 max every so often). The last boss needs nerfed, and it blows my mind how this even makes it to launch like it is..... _

26-Jul-2019 08:38:48

Antivirus IM

Antivirus IM

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmmm, a lot of people seem angry but it's hard to see if anything is justified.

- We have people angry about entangle, but not teleblock, which is not related to anything and those who are kinda the same thing as they both screw your opponent in combat, so seems like a contradicition.
- We have people commenting about facial animations, which if that is your biggest complaint, isn't too bad of a thing.
- And some complaining about the power of the boss (until I do it myself I can't comment on that aspect).

There is nothing wrong with having aspects of the gauntlet be similar to RS3 dungeoning. RS3 was terrible due to monetization, and being an obvious copy/paste of World of Warcraft in an to attempt to steal their players (And gambling, until it was banned and then RS put in their own gambling 'Squeal of Fortune'). Dungeoning was much beloved and was an excellent idea, and I (and many others) wish it was back into the game (But without the if you're lvl 84 or lower combat you get double xp... Yeah, I did read when you posted that).

Anyways, more quests are good. looking forward to the gauntlet, I appreciate what you did for ultimate recently I have been feeling excluded in RS due to ultimate status (Hard to smith, runecraft, play some minigames, etc) so this is a nice step forward.

Thanks for the effort,

Antivirus
Moo

26-Jul-2019 16:19:39

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please revert the elf graphics. This rework was never mentioned in the polls, it doesn't fit with the Old School style and changes the type of fantasy that Old School generally portrays.

I think the art team avoid using textures to make something "Old School" however over the last few years the style has really gone away from it's 2007 roots. Some people would argue that it's good to advance the graphics but I would argue that it doesn't have to diverge from the original style as much as we're seeing here and in other recent updates. I think it's important to remember that Old School is from a 2007 branch of RuneScape, many players want the nostalgia of the old style and reworking existing graphics destroys that nostalgia.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

26-Jul-2019 18:24:29

Gods Buffoon

Gods Buffoon

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So... ANOTHER update that is blocking non-combat pures from any content in this? Cool. Useless. Jagex really likes to leave this part of the community out of things, unfortunately.

27-Jul-2019 03:22:08 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2019 03:23:57 by Gods Buffoon

Xth Infinity

Xth Infinity

Posts: 4,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you need change crystal grail value
or change the bunny that drops it

i mean sure has long respawn time but theirs one in every members world
and drop is 100% as long as you kill it...and get the kill

its already dropped to like 2m ish while being listed at what like 14m ish as time of this post

on other hand... could make it a very rare drop
and buff the rabbits drop table with elven loot such:
as new crystal weapons and armor and tools
seeds and shards
and perhaps a killer bunny certificate (untradeable) examine: i have beat the killer bunny but it still has the grail (and possible a house painting that has picture of the killer bunny and looks like a hanging certificate)

also would be cool if this had a kc
(you could track how many kc people have by looking at grail drops recorded so people wouldn't have start at 0

27-Jul-2019 10:11:32 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2019 10:13:57 by Xth Infinity

Quick find code: 380-381-589-66112475 Back to Top