Quick find code: 380-381-494-66022465

WayTooPosted

WayTooPosted

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
imLuck said :
Syugo said :
refkjofewrij said :
Syugo said :
To stop people from getting darts/etc in the duel arena you completely removed the ability to uncharge weapons that take ammunition? Or is uncharging only disabled in the duel arena?

If you completely removed the ability to uncharge a blowpipe etc that is a huge change when you could just limit it to the duel arena.

it clearly says WITHIN the duel arena?

"You'll no longer be able to empty or uncharge the following weapons: Trident of the Seas, Trident of the Seas (e), Trident of the Swamp, Trident of the Swamp (e), Toxic blowpipe and the Sanguinesti staff. "

It "clearly" didn't say that, they said in order to stop people from doing it in the duel arena, you will no longer be able to empty or uncharge the weapons, period.

Uncharging them still works but the wording doesn't make it sound that way.

"We proposed making a change to tackle scammers which involved preventing players from emptying weapons within a duel. "

First sentence, it's pretty clear.

Nice.

29-Jun-2018 21:43:05

Benneta

Benneta

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hope this is an appropriate place to ask?

Is it possible to take back some logs from the storage crate by the baloon? I don't see such an option... but it would be very useful, imho. Magic logs is not a cheap investment, and might be needed elsewhere... I haven't put them there, but I did it with yew - and now I see it as a mistake: who ever needs to spend yew logs when there is the ring of dueling? Which is free if you hi-alch it with 1 charge )). So, now I'd remove all yew from there... but how.

30-Jun-2018 11:54:45 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2018 11:55:59 by Benneta

Benneta

Benneta

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I forgot to praise the Jagex team for this balloon update!!!! It's awesome, no need to run with logs... and no need to suddenly recall you have none and no axe, right by the balloon! )))

Thats great that transportation gets better! ) Thank you.

30-Jun-2018 12:21:46

I make acid

I make acid

Posts: 235 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While the minor changes are fine the death mechanics and staking changes are disgraceful to integrity of the game. If people can't handle the old death mechanics then just leave it how it is. What you are going to implement is a completely new game that links gp to dying on the entire plane of runescape. There are plenty of money sinks and they are vital to the game's economy but every death requiring some form of gp to get your own items back instead of just going back and picking them up, I think that drastic of a change is going to have unusual consequences on the game that you (Jagex) and the players will not fully be able to predict the long-term effects on the game. It seems to me that you made up a compromise as if it was either the old mechanics or the current with no in-between. Did ya think about, you know, just cutting the current timer down to 30 minutes or 20 minutes and trying that? I don't really get why you would risk adding any extra changes to death first instead of just reducing the timer and watching the results for a while.
As far as staking I don't see what logic there is behind implementing a gp/platinum token only wager system when items are tradeable for the exact same currency. Their value is literally based on the only currency in the game if they are tradeable...so if the only items you can stake is an item that is tradeable for gp I would love to hear what evidence you have to support your argument that this is somehow "protecting" the game's integrity. As for the imbalanced stakes I guess I can't say it's that big of a deal except in the 14 years of reading and watching stakers it's always been customary to offer your opponent a chance to get some of their money back when you clear them out by staking 2:1 or 1:0 etc. out of respect. Beyond that anyone who duels a weaker opponent in an imbalanced ratio stake and loses lost fairly.

03-Jul-2018 20:50:23

I make acid

I make acid

Posts: 235 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The weaker player took a risk against a stronger opponent and won, he risked a lot knowing the odds were against him. Conversely the stronger player figured his risk of losing his larger stake was statistically low so he was willing to take that chance for the more likely reward of the lower stake than his.

Am I just missing some piece of evidence that you haven't presented to the players through your posts about these 2 issues so far which factually disproves the points I brought up in my argument(s)?

Appreciate any response from Jagex, I'm 25 and started in 6th grade, so, please?

03-Jul-2018 20:50:34

Quick find code: 380-381-494-66022465 Back to Top