Forums

Theatre of Blood Reward Tweaks

Quick find code: 380-381-468-65997065

TheMainCorko

TheMainCorko

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Buff the rapier and mAke it 80 attack. Simple as that another 75 attack weapon is pointless makes everyones build the same using diff varitions of effectivly the same wep.

Make it a accurate stab wep 98+ stab 92 or 94 + strength sounds good. Still weaker than Chaotic rapier was in strength but a slight bit more accurate.

Rapier is a iconic wep, diffrent from abyssal or the tentacle attachment to the whip. Or the sarasword and sara teir attachment. 70 attack weps into 75 attack weps.

The rapier is a stand Alone wep and therefore deserves its own level/teir bracket. 5 more years down the line if you keep adding 75 attack wep after 75 attack wep you will leave no room for any higher level weps in the future that are balanced.

I dont understand why you ( jagex ) are scared to go higher than 75 attack its 1m odd exp that can weild every wep in the game.

15-Mar-2018 17:40:44

TheMainCorko

TheMainCorko

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
currently you are either 60 attack using claws... or 75 attack using elder maul/ags.

Add in 80 attack its been 5 years down the line raids is a perfect way to introduce a new teir of wep. Rapier pures, gives people the insentive to pull away from staying 75 attack or 60 attack. Gives a point to being over 75 attack with a new accurate wep to use.

85 judgement prayer sounds amazing, slight buff to that will be awsome and make for a awsome pure

15-Mar-2018 17:49:50

The contents of this message have been hidden

15-Mar-2018 17:49:50

Reminiscon

Reminiscon

Posts: 3,528 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, Chaotic Rapier does not justify bringing broken stuff into this game.

Make the rapier +86 Strength. You're going to ruin so many weapons like the hasta, abyssal whip, abyssal bludgeon. Voting no, this is too close to pre eoc / rs3 for my taste.
Long live the Wilderness. Long live risk vs reward in PVM. Long live 2006.

15-Mar-2018 18:55:09

Rave Fam

Rave Fam

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reminiscon said :

Make the rapier +86 Strength. You're going to ruin so many weapons like the hasta, abyssal whip, abyssal bludgeon. Voting no, this is too close to pre eoc / rs3 for my taste.

Most people won't even be able to afford it...

People think every new update that gets them out their comfort zones, will be the update that ruins OSRS.

JUST RELAX. No one is bringing back RS3. There's a version of that that already exists!

16-Mar-2018 01:36:36

Reminiscon

Reminiscon

Posts: 3,528 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rave Fam said :
Reminiscon said :

Most people won't even be able to afford it...

People think every new update that gets them out their comfort zones, will be the update that ruins OSRS.

JUST RELAX. No one is bringing back RS3. There's a version of that that already exists!

It still hits 1 higher on aggressive stance at +86 Strength. It never degrades. Those alone are enough for an upgrade over the Whip. Yes +89 is far from the cancerous +101 Chaotic Rapier or whatever it was, but it's just not necessary. When it comes to new BIS, always stick to the absolute bare minimum improvement. It works, people will pay for it.

The demand for it will still be gigantic, 75 ATK pking builds will love it both for the best training and the best overall DPS weapon in pking (that doesn't give ATK or DEF xp).

Make Rapier 86 Again.
Long live the Wilderness. Long live risk vs reward in PVM. Long live 2006.

16-Mar-2018 18:51:02 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2018 18:55:22 by Reminiscon

Muldeh

Muldeh

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rave Fam said :

It's not going to be a single update that brings in RS3.. but little by little we keep getting closer. We have to put our foot down somewhere.

17-Mar-2018 04:26:28

Mirek

Mirek

Posts: 40 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think the rewards are a good idea. They are way too powerful and I think you should focus much rather on a completely new content like skills, minigames, quests etc. rather than putting new weapons and armour that is slowly, but surely, powercreeping the current armour. I don't think there's a need for a new melee armour. I am excited about the new content, I wanna see the raids come, but different (or weaker) rewards! And new skill!!!

20-Mar-2018 09:36:16

Quick find code: 380-381-468-65997065 Back to Top