Forums

Volcanic Mine Tweaks

Quick find code: 380-381-425-65953374

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Stoner Morty said :
I'm sorry but did you seriously just spend months adding the simple feature of "make-all" because you decided complicate it and change THE ENTIRE INTERFACE?

I can see why you'd leap to that conclusion. But have a look at what we offered:

Question: Should a Make-All option be offered alongside every Make-X option in Old School?
If this was all that passed, we'd have simply put a Make-All option under the existing Make-X options. Still not quick to do, in fact, since the Make-X systems were never well centralised before, but it would have saved maybe 3 weeks.

And then we offered more, to see if players maybe wanted something with less right-clicking:

Question: If Make-All is added to Old School, should the Make-X interfaces in the chatbox area be upgraded as described in the blog so that Make-All can be a left-click option rather than always being right-click?

And that one passed too. With 90% support. So yes, we proceeded to redesign the interface because players asked us to.

Stoner Morty said :
You always have to take things a step further, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old one...

... though 90% of players wanted something more than that.
We could certainly have saved a bit of time by not offering anything more than a bare-bones basic job, and if you wish we'd refused, or if you wish those 90% of players had voted differently, that's absolutely fair enough.

28-Sep-2017 13:48:49 - Last edited on 28-Sep-2017 13:49:12 by Mod Ash

Buckeyeman69

Buckeyeman69

Posts: 2,956 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
PKnCut said :
With fertoil spell, Can you do either Super or Ultra with ash in your inventory?

It'd assume you want ultra if you're carrying ash around. Perhaps drop the stack for a moment if you really don't want it for one patch?
but that would require effort ash, haven't you realized yet that the playerbase now wants easyscape.... btw, speaking of easyscape ..when is zilly going to be able to be killed on "spiritual creatures" tasks, was talked about being in game months ago, and still not in game.

28-Sep-2017 13:50:11

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Brownay said :
It's my understanding that they weren't able to just add to the current interfaces, but rather had to redo some of them.

As many of the original interfaces used an older interface format that we can no longer edit, we would indeed have had to recreate them in the 2006+ interface format to install the 'All' option.

More pressingly, as I've described above, since we were going to have to delve into all these scripts anyway, we took the opportunity to offer a more extensive job, and it did indeed pass its poll pretty convincingly.

28-Sep-2017 13:51:25

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Said the Cat said :
What happened to the Brimhaven Graceful recolour update from content Poll 56?

Maz has been working on some of the other things from those polls, and I expect we'll see more of them next week. I'm not sure whether this particular one is in that batch, but it'll come.

We've had a few staff absences lately, including me, plus things like RuneFest taking days of people's time, so some of the QoL work has been held up. Sorry.

28-Sep-2017 13:52:53

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Buckeyeman69 said :
...btw, speaking of easyscape ..when is zilly going to be able to be killed on "spiritual creatures" tasks, was talked about being in game months ago, and still not in game.

She isn't one of those. She's an icyene. If you want to kill her on task, you'll want a boss task, or you'll need to wait for us to add icyene as a category.

28-Sep-2017 13:54:17

MastrShafter
Feb Member 2010

MastrShafter

Posts: 537 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Ash
We finally getting make all, lets hope it don't take as long for future updates.
And you all excited about dragon slayer 2, but this isn't new content it'll have addy and rune drags which is old rs3 dead content
Haven't you got any new ideas or is it all these new developers from rs3 can only think of old rs3 content?

MastrShafter

28-Sep-2017 13:58:53

Buckeyeman69

Buckeyeman69

Posts: 2,956 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Buckeyeman69 said :
...btw, speaking of easyscape ..when is zilly going to be able to be killed on "spiritual creatures" tasks, was talked about being in game months ago, and still not in game.

She isn't one of those. She's an icyene. If you want to kill her on task, you'll want a boss task, or you'll need to wait for us to add icyene as a category.
rather than giving me a history lesson instead of dodging the question, how about an answer, it WAS discussed in I believe a q & a, in a positive manner, since arma and zammy can be gotten off task, from one veteran to another, please don't beat around the bush with bs answers, just the real ones will do

28-Sep-2017 14:06:48

MastrShafter
Feb Member 2010

MastrShafter

Posts: 537 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Buckeyeman69 said :
Mod Ash said :
Buckeyeman69 said :

rather than giving me a history lesson instead of dodging the question, how about an answer, it WAS discussed in I believe a q & a, in a positive manner, since arma and zammy can be gotten off task, from one veteran to another, please don't beat around the bush with bs answers, just the real ones will do

They dont know how to give answers to questions they dont want to answer Buck they hide behind there status on osrs

MastrShafter

28-Sep-2017 14:10:43

Quick find code: 380-381-425-65953374 Back to Top