Dev Blog: Raids Rewards Update

Quick find code: 380-381-341-65847234

Meric
Aug Member 2013

Meric

Posts: 197 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I has TM87 said :
ramamir 6 said :
Can someone explain to me how d claws with an accuracy bonus lower than a dragon scimitar posseses such high accuracy on spec? since in the previous dev blog it clearly said no special effect other than the added hitsplats

Because it's the same claws from 2008, the weapons accuracy doesn't usually reflect its special.

Also, they have explained in the Q&As why they can't do stat rollbacks. :)

Accuracy rolls 4 times https://twitter.com/BitterkoekjeRS/status/791604217207201792 Here is how the special attack works
Combat formulas

01-Nov-2016 12:08:44

Aurella

Aurella

Posts: 2,302 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A bit disappointed.. was hoping for more news :(

These are all things I've caught up on Twitter already.

I DO appreciate the post though, as it shows you're cognizant of those who don't follow everything on social media.
-
Mod Jed
<3
-

"
your imbued heart has regained its magical power
"

01-Nov-2016 12:30:14 - Last edited on 01-Nov-2016 12:37:18 by Aurella

Grotius
Aug Member 2023

Grotius

Posts: 7,720 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These changes are superficial and don't really touch the core of the problem.

I still plan to vote no on all of this.

In my opinion, raids needs self-contained rewards similar to what dungeoneering had, i.e. you will become better at raids but no new top-tier items will be introduced outside of raids itself. To continue the dungeoneering parallel with an example: I loved using the hexhunter bow in dg, but was quite happy that such an item did not make it out of the dungeons. Similarly, it was cool to have top-tier equipment in dg while I was dirt poor outside of it, and vice versa.

I do see the logic for providing an incentive/reward for raids that can be used outside of it, but with the vast pool of existing items that should definitely be possible. It doesn't require the addition of new stuff to make raids rewarding even outside of the raids.

01-Nov-2016 13:01:41

Legolas
Dec Member 2010

Legolas

Posts: 2,158 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Bulwark should still require 75 defence and STRENGTH, not attack. Nobody is gonna attack with this thing, it's far too slow. It's 2 handed, it's gonna be bloody heavy. Change it to strength.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of the bow nerf, as it was only really OP at Bandos and Saradomin compared to other monsters. It's a t75, it should stick out from a t70.
Nope.

01-Nov-2016 13:42:35

Quick find code: 380-381-341-65847234 Back to Top