System Update & Poll 33

Quick find code: 380-381-176-65622075

Wizard012345
Jan Member 2014

Wizard012345

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Hizi no more said :
aren't you ashamed? not a single word on the dc's/server issues?

No, this game update newspost doesn't address it because the game update has nothing to do with it.

Ian, John and I are not systems administrators, so we have no ability to help the sysadmin team liaise with our hosting providers to improve the protection against those attacks. That's something the sysadmins are already doing, and when we've got some news we'll share it. But, in the meantime, we are continuing to fix in-game bugs and work on the features that players request for OSRS.

Seems fair enough.

14-May-2015 11:02:58

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Elmiac said :
Any news about the seercull? I thought it will be in this poll.

Not much agreement about what buff it should have, tbh. So we've gone with some other stuff that will hopefully get more support.

14-May-2015 11:03:06

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Wizard012345 said :
Seems fair enough.

:) Occasionally players will - reasonably - assume that all Jagex staff can do each other's jobs. So they find it frustrating that there's a big issue that 90% of Jagex staff are clearly not working on. Thing is, if I stopped doing content development work right now, and declared I was going to march into the sysadmin office and jolly well FIX IT NOW... well, it wouldn't actually achieve anything because I'd have no idea what I was talking about. Especially as network changes are not something that can be done entirely from here anyway. When the sysadmins are liaising with hosting providers across various continents to design and implement different network structures, a bunch of extra wannabe sysadmins sitting in the office won't make the process any faster.

Sadly, just as the customer support team can't march over to my desk and help make XP droplets or LootShare any faster, I can't march over to the sysadmin office and help make the network 100% proof against all possible future spam-attacks.

14-May-2015 11:08:26

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Tony Hawk said :
Will there be anti-aliasing when resizable releases?

Ian's been experimenting with it, and showed off an early draft on a livestream recently. Since then he's spent a bit of his personal time trying out different algorithms to try and make it work with a decent frame-rate. If he manages it, I expect an anti-aliasing toggle would be very well received. But don't be surprised if that isn't around for the initial resizable launch.

14-May-2015 11:10:41

Hizi no more
Mar Member 2024

Hizi no more

Posts: 306 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Hizi no more said :
aren't you ashamed? not a single word on the dc's/server issues?

No, this game update newspost doesn't address it because the game update has nothing to do with it.

Ian, John and I are not systems administrators, so we have no ability to help the sysadmin team liaise with our hosting providers to improve the protection against those attacks. That's something the sysadmins are already doing, and when we've got some news we'll share it. But, in the meantime, we are continuing to fix in-game bugs and work on the features that players request for OSRS.

Thank you. We just want to know what's going on when servers dc like 20 times a day, and what you are doing about it. This is not a personal attack towards you or anything, I just feel like you should inform the players more about what's going on.

14-May-2015 11:10:58

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Hizi no more said :
Thank you. We just want to know what's going on when servers dc like 20 times a day, and what you are doing about it. This is not a personal attack towards you or anything, I just feel like you should inform the players more about what's going on.

"sysadmins working on it" is kinda all I've got.

14-May-2015 11:12:18

Hizi no more
Mar Member 2024

Hizi no more

Posts: 306 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Hizi no more said :

"sysadmins working on it" is kinda all I've got.

That's ok. Just keep us up to date.

Keep up the good work, Ash :)

14-May-2015 11:13:51

Quick find code: 380-381-176-65622075 Back to Top