Forums

While Guthix Sleeps & D Claws

Quick find code: 380-381-163-65599692

Void J
Dec Member 2021

Void J

Posts: 244 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i would have loved to do it on old school. i don't know why people hate on WGS and Dragon claws. I loved the quest and the weapons. maybe it's because i would use the claws for pvm only since i don't kill other players. oh well i was hoping this was real. :( Here for a good time, not a long time. :)

04-Apr-2015 19:29:49

Roboreaper

Roboreaper

Posts: 214 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Youjo said :
Snormie said :
I actually at first was kinda pee'd.... I was like.. Another update for close combat... REALLY??

But fact is... we probably going to get this update anyways... so the real joke is to make everyone believe it didn't happen and then add it anyways making melee even more over powered than it already is.. making the c-triangle for range and magic obsolete even further.

Are you even aware of how the combat triangle in OSRS works? A player with maxed Ranged and Magic is a lower combat level than one with maxed melee. Ranged tanks already dominate their level ranges, given crossbows, enchanted bolts and Dark bows, which I don't think should have been released. Contrary to popular belief, Magic tanks are balanced in PvP with melee accounts of the same level. They can wear a melee Barrows helm and a shield and still maintain extreme accuracy against players in full melee armor. Their only weakness is KO potential. Magic is a utility skill, by virtue of Ice spells, Vengeance, Tele block, stuns, and its numerous multi-combat and non-combat applications. It was never intended to be a primary source of DPS for maxed players; that is fundamentally not how the game was designed. Eschewing the fundamental design of the combat system would be the height of stupidity.

If you want the 3 combat styles to be homogenized copies of each other, RS3 is the game for you. One of the downfalls of Runescape was when Jagex started listening to inexperienced yet arrogant players posting suggestions to the effect of "I want to train Slayer with a bow or staff at the same speed as maxed meleers for 1 gp/xp because Ranged and Magic are cool xD! The combat triangle is so unbalanced!" In the golden age of the game, Jagex listened to the informed minority, not their investors nor whoever shouted the loudest.

this guy knows wt* he's talking about listen to this guy

06-Apr-2015 18:59:24

Quick find code: 380-381-163-65599692 Back to Top