Forums

Dev Blog: Near Miss Poll

Quick find code: 380-381-150-65567074

Mod Ronan

Mod Ronan

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Dev Blog: Near Miss Poll

Change log

• Updated the Godsword attack style question to make it clear the stats of the weapons will not be adjusted.
    • Updated the spacebar to skip dialogue question to make it clear that clicking to continue would still be possible.
    • Updated the Grand Exchange collect all question to make it clear that the button would not cancel offers.

-

Since the start of Old School we have polled a lot of potential updates, many of which did not make it into the game.

We've gone through all of the previously rejected content updates and have picked a few where we feel we can improve what was offered before, based on your feedback, in order to offer something that many of the community might want to see in game.

Clan Wars game modes and tweaks

(click the heading to expand)

Wilderness related changes

Everything else

Additional Grand Exchange tweaks

Mods Archie, Ash, Ghost, Ian, John C, Mat K, Reach, Ronan, Weath
The Old School Team

@JagexRonan

06-Feb-2015 17:26:25 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2015 11:10:18 by Mod Ronan

LV2

LV2

Posts: 1,660 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are a few other Clan Wars tweaks I think the clanning community might like to see;

Venom to be toggled - would allow use of improved stats of both weapons, without the cost of 15k-20k per round.

Overloads from NMZ usable/togglable here

The infected mode Mod Reach mentioned a while ago (this would work with 2 fc's and a player being transfered from 1 to the other, different rules applying to each team - unlimited run, unable to be frozen, damage buffs, unlimited lives for the 'infected team' etc.)

This poll looks very promising! I'm particularly happy about the spacebar through chat getting another go.

Edit: Understand this is a near miss poll, thought I should throw it up here just with the Clan War tweaks.

06-Feb-2015 17:39:40 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 17:54:25 by LV2

Pvm Virus

Pvm Virus

Posts: 1,252 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
#TeamF2P
------------------------
#TeamVirus

Clan wars team matches seem to be dead content other than the few casual matches between clans, so I really don't think using development time on it is worth it at this stage. But everything else looks good :)

¸.·´`·.¸¸.·´`·.¸¸.·´`·.¸¸.·´`·.¸¸.·´`·.¸.·´`·.¸.·´`·.¸

Environment
-
Love Virus
.................|

|; ...........
#TeamVirus
#ModReachFC
...........;|

~SlayStars Clan!~
.....................|
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. –Steve Jobs

#OSRS | | #HugoFC | | #TeamVirus | | #SlayStars | | @PvMVirus

06-Feb-2015 17:39:59 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 17:46:23 by Pvm Virus

Austie
Jul Member 2007

Austie

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yay! Skipping Dialogue with space bar looks great.

Hopefully F2P Teleblock passes. It's hard to get kills when people can instantly tele away with no counterplay.

#TeamF2P
If something doesn't make sense, then someone is probably lying.

06-Feb-2015 17:40:44 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 17:42:22 by Austie

27nuke

27nuke

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to see the voting requirement also have a rule where you need to have the level and game time BEFORE the poll starts to be allowed to vote. So you couldn't make an account after voting starts and train it up.

WEWT - First time first page post for me. After playing since 2005.
EDIT - And since I'm on first page:

Can we get a GE tweak where we can see the last 50 trade prices for an item, in addition to having the GE price?

This would be very helpful for items which are moving in price, and it would prevent price manipulators.

06-Feb-2015 17:45:55 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 18:02:45 by 27nuke

Mod Ronan

Mod Ronan

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Slay Helm said :
Where's the Onyx Ring (i)? :O

We weren't entirely sure on the specifics of how the onyx ring (i) would work as we were considering giving it a little something extra based on yesterday's livestream (hiding your minimap dot). We'd rather hold off on offering it and come up with a more fleshed out idea of what it could do (IF we end up polling it).
@JagexRonan

06-Feb-2015 17:46:49

Quick find code: 380-381-150-65567074 Back to Top