Forums

Important F2P Announcement

Quick find code: 380-381-142-65558589

Ghosttalon
Oct Member 2020

Ghosttalon

Posts: 6,596 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ They don't set the prices, our supply and demand sets the prices.

Anyway, I'll be voting no. Part of the draw of OS was everyone again on something like an even playing, rather than buying their way through the game. I realize it would be naive to think that (some) people did not buy their way through the beginning stages of OSRS, but at least it was difficult, it was not officially condoned, and there was a certain amount of risk in trying to transfer RS3 gp to OS.

This, once again, condones 'official' rwt and the ability that comes with it of shortcutting the game through advantages from rl wealth. Bots still exist, so a lot of that ability to get ahead is still coming through cheating.

If this passes, and I expect that it will, I will see very very little reason to continue playing. And I've seen little enough over the past couple of years with the changes that the playerbase made to it.

Money has a way of talking however....

25-Jan-2015 20:53:57

dxthelb
Sep Member 2006

dxthelb

Posts: 2,632 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just finished watching the stream from Mod Mat K, and the only comment i have regarding the announcement of Membership Bonds.

By announcing Membership Bonds and tying it in with F2P, you've essentially blackmailed the entire Old School RuneScape Community.

If you want Permanent F2P, Your gonna have to support Membership Bonds.

25-Jan-2015 20:54:26 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2015 20:56:09 by dxthelb

Quick find code: 380-381-142-65558589 Back to Top