Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Mork Mad said :
FINALLY we can get rid of the insane amount of scamming and merc* clans.

Eh... I don't remember merchants vanishing when the GE came out before. They developed new methods of turning a profit from the market, such as flipping items.

09-Jan-2015 18:32:17

Saxo
Mar Member 2020

Saxo

Posts: 7,687 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Saxo said :
Another thing Ash, regarding coinshare, is there no way to view the closest buy offer to the GE price and give that amount? because something that sucked in the main game was that for items that's GE price was higher than it's actual value so the item would be left in the GE and loads of cash would be pumped into the game.

The game engine hasn't had that ability before, but might be able to get it. Not sure.
I believe in you ash and ian.. make it so..

09-Jan-2015 18:32:43

Mr Switch
Jan Member 2024

Mr Switch

Posts: 419 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dark Zero said :
You put out an update that didn't solve anything, actually being less useful than our existing methods and frustrate your user base, now you only offer the all or nothing solution so of course it's going to pass. Disappointing.

The only person being dissapointed about the GE (from what I read in the topic) is you.

09-Jan-2015 18:33:12

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Gemeos said :
If it isn't possible to trade across different worlds, that really defeats the logic of Grand exchange, doesn't it?
What about market prices? Different ones for each world too

I'll clarify.
The game worlds don't know about every online player's current actions or account details, but they can share limited information about trade offers.

That amounts to 6 slots of:
- offer type
- offer item
- offer quantity
- offer price
- number remaining to trade

But it doesn't include "X is standing in the west Falador bank and has sent a Trade request to Y."

So that's how a GE can work but some of those other ideas can't.

09-Jan-2015 18:34:44 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 18:36:22 by Mod Ash

untilnextyea

untilnextyea

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LEMME list off the people saying no to the ge here is a 100% examination.

1.) HARDCORE SCAMMERS.
- Another benefit to ge less scam opportunity's.
2.) HARDCORE MERCHERS.
- Do i really want to go to world 1 an sit there for 6 hours while you sell something way overpriced. NTY.

WAS i right? yes.

09-Jan-2015 18:36:00 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 18:36:45 by untilnextyea

Gemeos

Gemeos

Posts: 102 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Gemeos said :
If it isn't possible to trade across different worlds, that really defeats the logic of Grand exchange, doesn't it?
What about market prices? Different ones for each world too

I'll clarify.
The game worlds don't know about every online players' actions or account details, but they can share limited information about trade offers.

That amounts to 6 slots of:
- offer type
- offer item
- offer quantity
- offer price
- number remaining to trade

But it doesn't include "X is standing in the west Falador bank and has sent a Trade request to Y."

So that's how a GE can work but some of those other ideas can't.

Oh it makes a lot more sense now! Thank you for your time.

09-Jan-2015 18:36:25

Nubby Nubnub
Feb Member 2024

Nubby Nubnub

Posts: 7,708 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ronan said :
If you wanted to trade items through the Grand Exchange you would head to the Grand Exchange building north-west of Varrock and talk to a Grand Exchange clerk.

I've never been a fan of the location of the Grand Exchange. It literally pulls every player away from all current banks. Just look at RuneScape 3... Every single bank is empty.

I'd much rather see LV2's suggestion implemented on the first page of this thread: "to allow all these new trading posts we have in banks to be able to be used as Grand Exchange booths."

Assuming the Grand Exchange passes, of course.

09-Jan-2015 18:36:39

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top