Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

LukasJZ

LukasJZ

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
G.E : Yes, No Offense but the trading post is trash :\ and I want price checking, etc.

Dragon Defender : Yes, it seems like it would be cool. :)

Other Questions:

Bank Space Upgrade: YES, I think it should be unlimited but an increase to 800= :) .

Ignore Messages: Possible, but it I don't want it to be able to spam people.

Example: An Annoying Person adds and un-adds and then adds and repeats.

Ava's Devices Change: Yes Please its a magnet isn't it, it should be strong enough.

Chat Filter Change : Yes!

Append Name To Gloves : Yes Please!

Slayer Master Assignment Button : Definitely.

Agility Shortcut in Varrock : I'm not sure what it is, but if its another entrance or start to the Varrock Rooftop Course.... YES!

Ultimate Iron-man UN - Note People : I'm not an Ultimate Iron Man But It Could Be useful.

Deposit All Button In Deposit Boxes : Yes Please!

Fight Cave Timer : Yes, If its like the Snake Boss (Zulrah) Timer.

50k Fee For Stuff Back In Zulrah Fight : Yes, Even Though I'm gonna regret this when I get to that level it would make it more realistic.

Other Things I hope Jagex adds :) : More Mini-games : Examples : Stealing Creation,
A Cooking Mini-game, Fist Of Guthix like that had in earlier versions. I would also like to see Dragon Claws to counter the blow pipe :) . EDIT: ADDDDDD FULLSCREEN!
Please :)

Thank You,

PS: Please Someone Reply To This And Say if you would like to see these same things and the Other Things I hope Jagex Adds.

11-Jan-2015 15:20:35 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 15:43:40 by LukasJZ

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Would love if everyone who is on this thread to read what i am about to write to you carefully and think for a moment.

What if they added the G.E Not how it was back in 2007? And the Modified RS3 One? And having no Offline trading but only Automatic trading? Think of it as the perfect compromise.And You should not worry about the Wilderness being removed from the game since so many updates have been added to it and they wont remove there own hard work.And i am happy to inform you all that free trade will not be removed if the G.E Ever gets added.

I Don't think you should just threat to quit the game if it got added... You need to remember that old school runescape is the last ever thing to come Jagex that will have a game like this. With the old combat system... And the reason we should all be playing this game is because of it! Not because of nostalgia! The past is gone... the future awaits us all and you can never go back to what it was.You need to understand that this game will not grow if we keep the current trading system. Just think of situation where this game is gaining new players who never heard of runescape and only started playing old school... They would get heavily confused and people would abuse them for there own... Now we wont want that right? Since such a small thing makes new players quit and then we see people writing reviews on the game and making it look bad just because of this one thing.... trading...

G.E Is by far one of the best updates that help the growth of this game. You even see people coming on the thread saying what kept them away from this game is the lack of the G.E...

All of you have no reason to quit over an update that will not only benefit the players of the game but the future of the game it self.

You all need to think carefully before voting on the upcoming poll.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

11-Jan-2015 15:44:39

Oxynoxious
Feb Member 2024

Oxynoxious

Posts: 220 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am all for the dragon defender because, as we know it osrs does not offer much in the way of advancement between teirs. The issue with advancements in teirs seems to be item scaling in most circles if they release a new teir it would be considered overpowered.

I have several issues with the GE being brought back #1 being anyone can use it this is a historically bad idea. Specially due to the nature of RuneScape and the botability factor. I had ideas for the G.E that would be a high requirement to use it or heavy limits on items that could be sold. The first one was some kind of quest requirement lets be honest osrs quests are not hard just effort. This would also require bots to do quests giving ample time to ban them for macroing. This could also require botters to associate so called "mains" with bots allowing Jagex to track their trade habits for anyone who appears a little too frequently. ;) The other side of that coin is limits on every item for sell the GE should have never been just a way for people to mass dump their items it allows too much power over prices.

The benefit of the GE being able to loot/coin share is a much needed facility because unlike my friends lets face it RuneScape is not a model community. This would help keep people from exploiting the slightly more gullible.

I have several other ideas on the GE but I will keep them shelved for now seeing as they will get me no where.

I would vote for the GE as a very common part of any online game but I would also have to factor in the unique situation of RuneScape. Both In the previous state and in the current state described by this blog I see many problems. I cannot say I just hate the idea but my thoughts on the situation would require feedback so I could better grasp the intent of the developers.

11-Jan-2015 15:59:11

BaldMoisture

BaldMoisture

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The reason why so many people went insane back when the G.E. was added in the "real" rs is because we didn't have sites like zybez or a trade poste to help us find people who were selling an item that we wanted to buy. That is why the addition of the G.E. was such a chock. But now, since most people are accustomed to the G.E. and we have sites like Zybez and trading posts, the change really wouldn't be that large.
Yes, to the G.E.

*Probably the only 9 year player who wants this...

11-Jan-2015 16:24:09

Queer Bud

Queer Bud

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just don't get it. At first, you said that oldschool would STAY oldschool and that there would be no major updates to the game.

Next thing you know they add plenty of new items, dungeons, areas, bosses and now they're thinking about adding the *.*.

I don't want the G.E. with people only logging on the game to flip money and make 50m+ a day doing nothing.

11-Jan-2015 16:29:06

D Smiles
Jun Member 2018

D Smiles

Posts: 78 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No to the GE. Don't bring the GE in. Just update the Trading Post to hide offers with Private set to "Off" so people can contact others for items. The trading system we have now is fine! The GE is for the lazy, the ones that want things handed to them on a platter. Keep the Trading Post.

As for every other update, they seem fine. Some I'm excited about tbh! Co-Op Slayer should still be added imo just so players can train with friends! :P

11-Jan-2015 16:30:00

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top