Forums

The Oddment Purchases Change

Quick find code: 366-367-891-66158705

Flaref0x

Flaref0x

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As many of you know, there is now a limt on how many items can be bought with the oddments discount. This is not a good change in my opinion (and many other people's opinions). This change is actually making some people NOT buy keys because there were a lot of people planning on buying the bigger packs of keys specifically because there was the added bonus of getting more rewards from their oddments. However, now that this change has happened, many people are pushing away from getting extra keys.

This limit isn't consistent with how Treasure Hunter works.
People can already earn keys and stockpile an enormous number of keys to get lamps from treasure hunter yet you don't limit the lamps people can get from Treasure Hunter, so why is there one with oddments purchases?
. There were people who weren't even using their oddments until this oddments discounts thing happened, and now they actually want to, but now it's been made worse with the limit.

One of these two things should happen: (Suggestions)

1) If someone reaches the cap on discounted purchases, just make the price of that item return to what it normally is, but allow us to keep buying the item.
So lets say I make reach my limit on stars, well the price should go back up from 75 to whatever the normal price is, and I should be able to continue buying them. At the very least the items should still be purchaseable just without the discount.

2)
Just change it back to how it used to be and just let people buy as many as they want with a discount
. They are oddments that they spent a lot of time to save up, or used a lot of money to get.
Coming soon: Loot from 2020 Beach, 2k+ Accounts

08-May-2020 12:38:43 - Last edited on 08-May-2020 12:39:43 by Flaref0x

Flaref0x

Flaref0x

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now that I think about it, this may be part of a bigger scheme. They might roll out some new promos that may incorporate more oddments use. I still don't support the limit though. If I can use 20k oddments on items in the oddments store as opposed to using 20k oddments in Treasure Hunter, that's defintely removing my blind choice.
Coming soon: Loot from 2020 Beach, 2k+ Accounts

08-May-2020 12:43:08

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dimples24 said :
I purchased "Furies agent " outfit with oddments and it doesn't appear on my wardrobe. :( help please.

Check your Wardrobe in your Customizations Interface please. The outfit is a skin - an override.

You also grave bumped up a thread that had nothing to do with your question whatsoever. Evidently there is no issue with the Oddments purchase limit in place for half a year and Jagex is only getting more customers while I believe most players (especially the anti-MTX) ones prefer to see Jagex taking measures to control oversage of MTX. :)

08-Nov-2020 17:58:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2017drwho said :
They screw up treasure hunter 2 time in last 6 months!!!!!!!
We the players payed for it the first time with them not discounting keys
Now we pay for there 2nd mess up with this odd cap
They screw up we pay!!!!!

You don't have to pay if you don't want to. Nobody offers discount to everybody all the time. Promotions only come at specific time.

A lot of people paid Jagex $11 a month to buy membership but some do get discount under promotions. OMG, they screw up the the ones who paid $11, but so? :D

09-Nov-2020 21:30:49

Integranda

Integranda

Posts: 305 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't say I am not disappointed with this update. I'm not against rebalancing to stop players from going all out on multiple different boosters and xp gainers that can be used together to create massive gains in a short time, but I think there are better ways to achieve it in this case. Perhaps a daily oddment spend cap rather than a hard cap on the number of each item you can purchase, or even a limit to the number of different types of item you can buy each week. That would still limit how quickly you can access xp boosting resources that work concurrently, but allow players whose intention for their oddments is to stock up specifically on bonus xp or pulse cores or whatever the freedom to do that.

11-Nov-2020 21:39:06

gloomy apple
Jun Member 2022

gloomy apple

Posts: 435 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you want to buy your way to max XP, you can still continue to do so NOW. They didn't change the limit on buying keys.
If they were concerned about balancing the game, they would have limited how much XP you could gain through TH.

If you want to wait to use your oddments for a sale, you can, but you'll be waiting even longer.
There are people who will want to get maxed now, and have the money to spend, so they'll just buy more keys.

Oddments, from their perspective, is going to be a loss of income. If people are saving them up for a 75% sale on lamps, people aren't spending money on keys. They were never intended to be a replacement for XP obtained through TH.

It isn't about balancing, it's about finding a way to make more money for those who can't wait a few weeks.

I think an unintended side effect of this will result in people NOT buying keys, due to this limitation on oddments. We will see soon enough if it gets reversed.
Check out my suggestion for a Tears of Guthix Sequel

12-Nov-2020 18:17:50 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2020 18:19:07 by gloomy apple

Quick find code: 366-367-891-66158705 Back to Top