Forums

Rare item tokens

Quick find code: 366-367-731-66200046

Marclard

Marclard

Posts: 49 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

For everyone that held onto tokens and obtained 100k+ and never bought any items that was your own decision and its your fault.

For everyone else that had under 100k tokens nothing has changed, you can still buy the items for the same price as they were.

For the people who already owned all the items there's no reason you should even be complaining.

For people who barely has any rare item tokens and wanted to buy items and you have a lot of oddments well there you go you can buy the items with oddments now.

Jagex made it clear they were never going to get to another store refresh so they got rid of rare item tokens. All prices are the same as the conversation rate they gave 10:1. Springy was 7,000 it's now 700

26-Jan-2021 12:42:19 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2021 12:44:24 by Marclard

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jazz X said :
Springy Pet is in Oddments store for 700 Oddments, at least they offered that one and you can still get it.

That's a plus, for sure. I noticed the 700 price point, which is fair.

I do agree with you H Rassy that there could have been a conversation, maybe a poll to collect player sentiments prior to executing this. While it seems intuitive, the ratio of the rare tokens - > oddments likely should have been a bit better.
Forum Moderator

26-Jan-2021 16:54:11

torkster
Aug Member 2008

torkster

Posts: 578 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HI,IVE PLAYED SINCE DAY 1 AND THIS IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU EVER MADE.I HAD BOUGHT EVERYTHING IN THE RARE ITEMS,I HAD A SURPLUS OF 123K TOKENS WAITING FOR NEW THINGS,I UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM,U SPEAK OF THE GAME WELL,U MADE NO ATTEMPT TO STOP US FROM BUYING THEM,LIKE OVER 500 HUNDRED KEYS YOU JUST STEAL AND SAY ITS FOR THE BEST,YET YOU TOOK MY MONEY AND ALLOWED US TO BUY TOKENS,YOU EVEN ENCOURAGED IT!! YOU OWE ME 500 KEYS AT LEAST NOT A FEW ODDMENTS.JUST THE THOUGHT THAT YOU THINK YOU CAN OPENLY STEAL FROM US,YOU TOOK OUR CASH AND SCAMMED US,I WANT MY 500 KEYS BACK,YOUR 15K BRIBE ISNT WORTH POOP!! START WORRYING ABOUT THE PLAYERS WE ARE RUNESCAPE,YOU CONTINUALLY ROLL BACK PRIZES TO SEE WHEN PPL QUIT BUYING THEN LOWER THEM A BIT,YOUR NOT HAPPY MAKING MONEY ANY MORE ,YOU WANT TO SQUEEZE US TILL WHAT END??CANADIAN GAMERS WILL HERE OF THIS INTRUSION. tork78

26-Jan-2021 17:23:52

torkster
Aug Member 2008

torkster

Posts: 578 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YOU CLAIM IT WILL THROW THE GAME OUT OF BALANCE GIVING US THE TRUE VALUE OF THE TOKENS,THE GIVE US OUR KEYS BACK,YOU DONT CAP THE SALE OF KEYS SO THE GAME WONT BE EFFECTED AND YOU WONT LOSE MONEY ON THOSE KEYS YOU ALREADY HAVE IT tork78

26-Jan-2021 17:50:03

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Marclard said :

For everyone that held onto tokens and obtained 100k+ and never bought any items that was your own decision and its your fault.

For everyone else that had under 100k tokens nothing has changed, you can still buy the items for the same price as they were.

For the people who already owned all the items there's no reason you should even be complaining.

For people who barely has any rare item tokens and wanted to buy items and you have a lot of oddments well there you go you can buy the items with oddments now.

Jagex made it clear they were never going to get to another store refresh so they got rid of rare item tokens. All prices are the same as the conversation rate they gave 10:1. Springy was 7,000 it's now 700

Couldnt agree more.

Plus Jagex is giving everyone 15k oddments on Monday so at least be thankful for that.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

26-Jan-2021 23:13:20 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2021 23:13:44 by Draco Burnz

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,605 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ torkster - Please turn off your Caps Lock before you next post.

Posting All Caps is considered shouting and poor netiquette. It also makes a post difficult to read. You will receive a much better response from others when you turn off your Caps Lock. Thanks
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

27-Jan-2021 01:00:34

Your Demise
Mar Member 2010

Your Demise

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Marclard said :

Couldnt agree more.

Plus Jagex is giving everyone 15k oddments on Monday so at least be thankful for that.

Personally I think the key issue, which IS a big deal, is communication rather than the conversion rates. Suddenly removing content that is decided outdated (and it was, but that's not the point) sets a questionable precedent. "What will be deleted without warning next?" Not that I believe this will happen (hopefully), but since there is some content in the game currently seeing next to no player traffic I'm sure you get the sentiment it creates.

Furthermore I would have liked a chance to consider my options and possibly choose to spend my saved up tokens on items that weren't my first choice (since I couldn't afford all the items I wanted and while I could now with oddments there is quite a big opportunity cost that I could have minimized given the chance). It would be great if we can get a small referral post in the in-game lobby news section or just a separate post on the news page on the main page for these things. Even the update about the 15k oddments on Monday wasn't obvious to find.

Same with the skilling week announcement last week. I assume this was announced on a livestream which I (and presumably some other players) can rarely watch in full and regularly. There's certain information that would be great if we all have a chance of knowing at the same time and the in-game lobby news category would be perfect for that.

At the end of the day, I think they do try their best to keep us up to date while there are a few mistakes here and there. It's nice to see they've acknowledged our concerns and are compensating (rather lavishly in my case, 15k oddments is more than 50% I currently own AND 15 free keys!!). So hopefully people understand that there's no intent to scam and maintain their trust.

28-Jan-2021 18:17:00 - Last edited on 28-Jan-2021 18:19:38 by Your Demise

Quick find code: 366-367-731-66200046 Back to Top