Forums

Rare item tokens

Quick find code: 366-367-731-66200046

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Your rare item tokens have been converted into 853 x oddments.

Wth why and why didnt we get a headsup about this?
I dont want oddments as i have over 55k already that i never use.
I want my rare item tokens and if not then the rare items they could be converted into.
About this i am very upset tbh,jagex should not take away items from peoples bank and convert them into something they dont care for.
Now i miss out on the rare items and the oddments are uselss.

Why did they do this and why didnt they give clear warning ingame that this would happen?
Like a message upon login:waring,you have 1 week left to use your rare item tokens because they will be converted into oddments.

Bah.

25-Jan-2021 13:58:54 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2021 13:59:52 by H Rassy

CraneClaw
Aug Member 2020

CraneClaw

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd also like an explanation here as to why we were not warned.
Most of my tokens were drops from Purple TH rewards which would have given more oddments if I'd just converted back then anyway.

Why give so few oddments anyway, when it doesn't cost you anything? 10:1 means you think 4,500 item tokens are worth ONE TH key? ...

I'd obviously have taken 3 rare cosmetics over 1200 oddments.

25-Jan-2021 16:29:38

English Lady
Jun Member 2023

English Lady

Posts: 1,358 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, this is DISGUSTING.

I was saving up until something nicer came into the store, but if I'd have knows they were going to be highwayed from under our noses I'd have definitely bought some of the existing things.

I had thousands as well, to make up for it, I'd have needed at least 100k oddments and even then I wouldn't have taken the deal.

I can't believe we weren't warned about this, I'm beyond angry, I could have spent those!!! :(

25-Jan-2021 20:31:27

Thrills Gone

Thrills Gone

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's a total load of BS. Honesty I don't understand why this had to be changed. Surely there are MANY other things in the game to be working on rather than fix something that wasn't broken. Rare item tokens were significantly harder to get than oddments. We could have got more oddments converting our purple TH instead of taking the rare item tokens. How do you see this as fair to the people who saved them? We should be getting 5 oddments for every rare item token we had.

25-Jan-2021 22:49:19

Sidonie
Dec Member 2014

Sidonie

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am absolutely INFURIATED by this change. So much so that I am considering cancelling my membership. I was saving these tokens FOR YEARS, and was in the process of using them to buy stuff I wanted. JAGEX, WHAT THE CRAP WERE YOU THINKING!!?? I am SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW. Whoever made this decision - what a bad, bad decision.
Usually running around World 30, trying to finish up some quest.

26-Jan-2021 01:10:17

SecretKungFu
May Member 2009

SecretKungFu

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heads up would have been nice... I much preferred to have the oddments and rare items tokens separate.

My oddments rewards will take priority over the rare rewards. The pull to feel pulse cores rip through my xp goals is just too great!

I noticed you did not move the discounted rewards option for a random rare item. Will there be random daily discounts to these items to keep an eye out for?

My life will be much emptier without that springy pet :( .
A man with knowledge of the secret KungFu.

26-Jan-2021 02:52:26

English Lady
Jun Member 2023

English Lady

Posts: 1,358 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SecretKungFu said :
Heads up would have been nice... I much preferred to have the oddments and rare items tokens separate.

My oddments rewards will take priority over the rare rewards. The pull to feel pulse cores rip through my xp goals is just too great!

I noticed you did not move the discounted rewards option for a random rare item. Will there be random daily discounts to these items to keep an eye out for?

My life will be much emptier without that springy pet :( .

Springy was the thing I wanted, I just hadn't got around to it. That and the balloon rest on my noob account. I'm just so angry that we didn't get the chance to spend the tokens! Why not??? Ahhh ....

26-Jan-2021 05:00:58

Miaya
Jul Member 2006

Miaya

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like many players I have been saving Rare Item Tokens for years in the hope that Jagex would update the shop one day. Today I log in and find out that 1) all my tokens are gone, 2) I got some oddments for years of choosing Tokens from my purple prize wins and 3) Jagex is planning on " working to send out an Oddments gift to everyone as a goodwill gesture and also as a commitment to our community that we are listening to your feedback."
Ummmm nope. That isn't going to cut it. Many of us chose Tokens and now you want to give everyone oddments to make it all better. The people that collected the Tokens and had faith that maybe one day new rewards would be released get the same thing as those who didn't? Add to this no warning? Then throw in that "Rare Items" really aren't rare anymore?
May I suggest for your next update you give each player a party hat, santa hat and a black santa hat?

26-Jan-2021 07:15:20

Quick find code: 366-367-731-66200046 Back to Top