Forums

Ring of Shards

Quick find code: 366-367-573-66140043

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not all that... The write up sounded fantastic... It was just hype...

I had this purple page, so I kept clicking it and nothing opened so I clicked the arrow right chose a red, to upgrade to a purple the percentage was so low it wasn't worth not taking the red, nothing like the write up said it was just all hype...
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

23-Jan-2020 12:48:02

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The "purple page"? I think you mean the first "page" of the introduction. It is just the cover page and doesn't mean a thing.

You can use oddments to re-roll the prizes. The chance increases with each oddment re-roll while the oddment go down. For instance, I saw 5% chance the first time, but when I re-rolled for 250 oddments the chance increased to 10% and the oddment cost for re-rolling decreased to 125 oddments. Then re-rolled again, the chance increased further to 15% and the oddment cost reduced further to 90 oddments.

That's pretty nice considering we can pick the exact prize we like. However, the trade off is the odds of higher rarity items are reduced now. Even on desktop, we can see the odds of each rarity of gems now. A purple gem used to have a chance of 0.15% (shown on Mobile) but now it is reduced to 0.1%. So we gain the transparency but lose a little love from RNGesus.

23-Jan-2020 19:25:35

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Choosing which skill out of all stars <- mostly this, once it was 1 lamp the rest stars, another time slayer or dung envelope and stars - not much choice!

And no using up my oddments for a slim chance for a purple which will more likely be springs which I don't use. If it was for a good prize maybe, the chances of that are slim.

I'd rather just choose a random non event casket.

24-Jan-2020 06:53:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Everybody has 5 choices from each roll/reroll. That's a lot choices already. Most petty games don't allow you to have more than 2 or 3 choices. Even in other better TH promotions like Loot Duels with similar transparency, we are only given 2 choices instead of 5.

If you don't want to use your oddments to re-roll. It is fine too because oddments always have their valuable usages in the Oddments Store.

24-Jan-2020 17:17:55

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Everybody has 5 choices from each roll/reroll. That's a lot choices already. Most petty games don't allow you to have more than 2 or 3 choices. Even in other better TH promotions like Loot Duels with similar transparency, we are only given 2 choices instead of 5.

If you don't want to use your oddments to re-roll. It is fine too because oddments always have their valuable usages in the Oddments Store.
How do I choose to get 200m every time?
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

26-Jan-2020 01:57:22

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

@Dilbert2001 - the choices are 5 stars or 4 stars and a lamp <- no different than having two to choose from.

The more oddments you use the higher the percentage - it costs a lot of oddments for not much return.

My silver gave me a 60% chance - on ports 60% your ship won't return in the same state it left, you loose at 60%, you mostly loose at 70% at 80% your ship is most likely to make it but not always. So when a red comes up with 1% or 2% chance - it's going to take a lot of oddments to get it up to 80+%.

26-Jan-2020 14:15:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Jakey Boy said :
Dilbert2001 said :

How do I choose to get 200m every time?

Just like how you choose to get a boss pet from bossing or a dye drop from a clue scroll. You just don't because it is not planned so.

26-Jan-2020 17:35:31

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Dong U Dead said :
@Dilbert2001 - the choices are 5 stars or 4 stars and a lamp <- no different than having two to choose from.

The more oddments you use the higher the percentage - it costs a lot of oddments for not much return.

My silver gave me a 60% chance - on ports 60% your ship won't return in the same state it left, you loose at 60%, you mostly loose at 70% at 80% your ship is most likely to make it but not always. So when a red comes up with 1% or 2% chance - it's going to take a lot of oddments to get it up to 80+%.

I don't always get choice of 5 stars or 4 stars and a lamp. In the past few days, I never got any purple prizes but the red prizes gave random mixes of lamps/stars/items (e..g springs) etc.

Again, if you don't like to use oddments, don't then. I also don't want to spend my oddments so I don't re-roll. No big deal to me as the oddments re-roll mechanism is optional and to me I have no problem seeing other players getting more options.

26-Jan-2020 17:39:27

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Yay it's finished.

Well, I didn't mind it, I just didn't like how it was promoted as being all that, like you can easy upgrade to better prizes. Jagex really did make it sound it would be quite easy to upgrade to a purple.

29-Jan-2020 01:01:38

Quick find code: 366-367-573-66140043 Back to Top