Forums

Recent Promotions - Terrible

Quick find code: 366-367-528-66182412

Demonic Path
Dec Member 2017

Demonic Path

Posts: 1,476 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What happened with the last two promotions was absolutely, DISGUSTING.

1. Intentional or not, Jagex faked everyone out by offering 50% promotion on keys for large bundles RIGHT BEFORE arch BXP was supposed to go live. They encouraged everyone to buy, then delayed ARCH bxp.

2. Those of us with recently bought keys thought there was a chance of redemption of obtaining a very rare pet with our abundance of keys. So I use them and after 1,100 keys I finally got enough to make the pet. Very cool, satisfied I managed to obtain something very unique. NOPE. Jagex immediately spits in my face and reduces the quality of the prize, and as compensation is gonna spam me with worthless tokens now.

Jagex has completely failed its PAYING consumer base in every regard. The only real way is for me to be content is to have a complete and full refund. There's NO WAY people could have known you were going to adjust the quality of the reward by making more common. AFTER they wasted their money.

This is must be an exception to the rule for a refund. I want a complete replacement of my keys or refund. You can take my xp / items for the last 48 hours. I don't really care.
Hmmm.. that you Zaros?

30-Sep-2020 20:34:45 - Last edited on 30-Sep-2020 20:35:55 by Demonic Path

Lysergene
Aug Member 2020

Lysergene

Posts: 69 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
100% Agree. I used an abundance of keys just to make one pet, and now they adjust it so that everyone can get it in under 100.

Some kind of refund is called for, or compensation. This is complete and utter theft.

30-Sep-2020 21:22:59

skulldraco

skulldraco

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JagexJD
Mod JD
Score hidden ·
3 hours ago

Hello everyone,

We've seen a few players concerned with the rates of receiving Ice Tokens during the current Dragon Chests promotion.

Whilst the rates aren't as rare as perhaps speculated, we've reviewed the current balancing and determined the drops are much harder to receive than originally intended. As a result we'll be changing the rarity of the Ice Tokens from Purple to Red for the duration of the promotion - this has just been hotfixed.

If you have already used keys during the promotion prior to the hotfix, we'll be crediting your accounts with the equivalent amount of Ice Tokens as per the intended balancing (we'll confirm full denominations tomorrow).

We'll have more for you tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

30-Sep-2020 22:59:04

I GO MIMI
Jun Member 2014

I GO MIMI

Posts: 184 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm one of their suckers who spent over 2b on bonds...to be exact it took me 1650 keys or 2.2b worth in gp. I highly doubt they will refund anything. I'm sick of Jagex and their stupid mistakes. First I was banned for 3 days back in August for participating in their own promotion and again spending over 500m in bonds. But now they didn't even give us a heads up on the homepage saying they would hotfix this ahead of time...so maybe I could sell the token and accumulate some of my gp loss. If they were going to change the drop rate they should of tested their promo better. Whoever is in charge of QA testing TH promos needs to be fired. They have made too many mistakes this year alone. After being a 16 year vet on this game. I'm highly considering quitting for good. I'm just tired of their b.s

This was literally the cherry on top.

01-Oct-2020 06:24:54 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2020 07:42:20 by I GO MIMI

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Demonic Path said :
What happened with the last two promotions was absolutely, DISGUSTING.

1. Intentional or not, Jagex faked everyone out by offering 50% promotion on keys for large bundles RIGHT BEFORE arch BXP was supposed to go live. They encouraged everyone to buy, then delayed ARCH bxp.

2. Those of us with recently bought keys thought there was a chance of redemption of obtaining a very rare pet with our abundance of keys. So I use them and after 1,100 keys I finally got enough to make the pet. Very cool, satisfied I managed to obtain something very unique. NOPE. Jagex immediately spits in my face and reduces the quality of the prize, and as compensation is gonna spam me with worthless tokens now.

Jagex has completely failed its PAYING consumer base in every regard. The only real way is for me to be content is to have a complete and full refund. There's NO WAY people could have known you were going to adjust the quality of the reward by making more common. AFTER they wasted their money.

This is must be an exception to the rule for a refund. I want a complete replacement of my keys or refund. You can take my xp / items for the last 48 hours. I don't really care.

I honestly don't think it is unreasonable for people to ask for a refund here. The offer to provide additional "ice cubes" isn't a fair solution, the additional ice cubes will only further crash the price of the Earhart pet.

A refund seems a more fair solution, and would be the best form of customer support or giving customers the option to receive an alternate form of currency (Bonds, TH Keys, Runecoins, Membership credit/Premier Club Status).

Players who spend RS GP to unlock this pet, or traded the pet around and were negatively affected since they didn't hear the news on reddit swift enough also deserve some form of compensation, in my opinion.
Forum Moderator

01-Oct-2020 14:34:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Both promotions are great as I was able to custom make my prize lists in the last promotion and am getting up to 10x the regular rewards in the current promotion even though I have yet to receieve 10 Ice Cube shards.

Keep in mind, the Ice Chests are just bonus rewards, if we don't get them, we are still getting the usual Double Dragon Chest promotional rewards.

OP obviously made a mistake too. There was no 50% promotion on TH keys for the last promotion. It was many weeks ago and hardly recent.

02-Oct-2020 15:45:58

Quick find code: 366-367-528-66182412 Back to Top