Forums

Reapers of the Apocalypse

Quick find code: 341-342-990-66051607

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,959 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, the new Halloween event this year is involving the other riders from the Horseman clan Death had back in Deathcon ii back in 2011. We see outlines right now of their figures in the event panel now, as well as sneak peaks of the weapons they use. Famine has a staff, War an axe and pestilince a bow.

However, we see the outline of the riders- and we've had an image released from runefest of what the riders will look like.

The thing that stands out?

Both Pestilence and Famine are nonhuman. They're a werewolf and Aviansie respectively. So- what if these riders are not riders at all, but reapers? Reapers, but from different worlds?

We've got three new riders- War, a human that looks not unlike a less godly V, Pestilence, a werewolf, and Famine, an aviansie.

Famine could make sense as a reaper from Abbinah- especially seeing as how one of the main struggles on Abbinah was the desperation in finding resources. In other words- a leader cause of death on Abbinah was most likely famine .

The other two worlds, the werewolf homeworld and Terragard (or some other human world), could equally have been ravaged by Pestilence and War, leading them to take the forms we see.

The riders may have even died of these causes- making them retain these appearances in their arterlife. It'd also explain why Death looks so different- Guthix brought him to Runescape and he lived an idyllic life- until dying of old age, or natural causes. All the others were killed by external causes.

This would explain why Death calls him his "coworkers". They have the same job as him, just at different locations- and with Gielinor becoming home to many different creatures from different realms during an apocalyptic event like the god wars, it makes sense that their paths would cross very often.

Thoughts?
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

08-Oct-2018 23:55:11 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2018 00:03:11 by Half Centaur

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Posts: 885 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been thinking the exact same thing, we know that each world has its own reaper so i've been hoping to see the others for so long now. Would be interesting to say their new names is how each of them died with death himself just having a natural death or something

Really hope this is what these new characters are, would be really disappointing if they turned out to just be death's bowling buddies or something lame like that

EDIT: Another little point, i dont think war is a human persay, he's way too big for that given in the artwork he's standing at the back but he's still taller than a werewolf and aviantse. I'm thinking he's actually a giant from the giants homeworld instead

09-Oct-2018 00:04:03 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2018 00:16:59 by Gamez X

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Gamez X said :
Another little point, i dont think war is a human persay, he's way too big for that given in the artwork he's standing at the back but he's still taller than a werewolf and aviantse. I'm thinking he's actually a giant from the giants homeworld instead

Well humans from Terragard are oversized by comparison, just look at Robert Strong. It doesn't seem like War is tall enough to be a giant to me- and if that were the case, he'd most likely have come from Yu'Buisk- which is an entirely dead world- so I'm not sure there is a Death left there.

09-Oct-2018 00:33:32

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

The giants most likely arnt from yu'buisk, in a survey the other month they made reference to there being a giants homeworld where everything is just oversized. Yu'buisk was the world of races like the goblins, trolls and whatnot. Whereas the giants homeworld is said to be where the giants and cyclops come from, similar stature but more human-like. I'm also pretty sure the giants homeworld is the same as the behemoth's from dungeoneering cus they're said to be from a large world with greatly varied climates leading to widely different types of behemoth, very similar to how theres many different kinds of giants (fire, ice, moss, hill...)

Also i would much prefer if it was a different species cus we already have a human in the group, be more interesting to make all of them different =P

09-Oct-2018 00:44:03

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Half Centaur said :
Gamez X said :
Another little point, i dont think war is a human persay, he's way too big for that given in the artwork he's standing at the back but he's still taller than a werewolf and aviantse. I'm thinking he's actually a giant from the giants homeworld instead

Well humans from Terragard are oversized by comparison, just look at Robert Strong. It doesn't seem like War is tall enough to be a giant to me- and if that were the case, he'd most likely have come from Yu'Buisk- which is an entirely dead world- so I'm not sure there is a Death left there.

According to Robert's biography, Robert is abnormally tall, even for the people of Terragard.

"...Robert is an abnormally tall man not suited to sneaking through the shadows - but was able to dispatch the guards with - as he describes it - a ‘swift right hook’. Before long, he found himself in the inner sanctum where the Schism was held." (The Young Robert)

09-Oct-2018 05:43:19

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Ok with war's addition to the event its pretty much confirmed now he is indeed a giant and not a human, what with death giving him the nickname of BFG (obviously referencing the big friendly giant)

Sadly still no confirmation of weather these are indeed other reapers, war doesnt seem to be one who takes souls over to the other side. Still i choose to believe they are the other reapers, perhaps death is the only one who actually does his job cus he was tasked to do so by guthix and the others just stick around not really knowing/caring they should be doing the same?

Interestingly we also learn of perhaps another reaper outside of death's personal group, war's girlfriend Peace. Just from the sound of that name, i'm thinking of this being the icyenic reaper for the world hallow. Maybe she died in a peaceful way, or for an act of peace

15-Oct-2018 15:58:17

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Gamez X said :

Interestingly we also learn of perhaps another reaper outside of death's personal group, war's girlfriend Peace. Just from the sound of that name, i'm thinking of this being the icyenic reaper for the world hallow. Maybe she died in a peaceful way, or for an act of peace

That'd be interesting.

A Mighty said :
Let's also remember that War is "retired", so perhaps he was a reaper on a world destroyed by war?

That makes me more hopeful that its not simply that he's an embodiment of war. Since the Khazard Gnome war is still going on- and there've been battles throughout the 5th and 6th age, I would think he wouldn't be considered fully retired with any war going on.

16-Oct-2018 05:52:42

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think this is a VI...

seriously, this is an optimistic interpretation. War's introduction reminds me more of the King Arthur situation: real life mythology creeping into and possibly infringing upon the game's fiction. how/when did Death, a Guardian of Guthix, have an opportunity to be "coworkers" with War?
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

17-Oct-2018 01:32:59 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2018 01:41:20 by Raleirosen

Quick find code: 341-342-990-66051607 Back to Top