Forums

Monster? Monster?

Quick find code: 341-342-939-65838284

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Times change. And with it the Lore or Runescape. Where an action in the old Lore was upholding all that is light and right. An action that was unquestionably good back then. But times change.

Those who were held up as shining examples of good and shown to just have a good PR machine. But this also puts these old actions of good in a new light. Renders them at best, very questionable. Talen to the other extreme these actions can be called evil. But let's not get into faction bashing.

The action in question is the Saradominist policy of Rank for kill count. Ok so it's specifically the Temple Knights,. The minimum for any rank, Novice, is to have killed 100 Black Knights and the ranks climb all the way to Master for having killed 1300+. I don't know about you, but I'd call it nothing less than an extermination campaign. And a lot of their actions seem to be questionable, even with a small Order of Temple Knights that is one hell of a pile of corpses!

If their order is of any reasonable size, as in army size, then their is no way that all those corpses cold be Black Knights, but for now that is neither here nor there. As the number hunted down and butchered would still run to tens of thousands if not hundreds.

If they take the dead back to prove the kill then there is a mass grave somewhere. It also explains why both Black knight fortresses are well defended in hard to reach places. Wouldn't you in their place?

This is only the tip of the iceberg for what the Temple Knights seem to have been up to. Though I admit that Sir Tiffy would not have been a party to random butchery, which might explain his position as head of recruitment. An out of the way job.

Why would the head of recruitment even be running operations, instead of the head of operations? Sir Tiffy may have been running his own show at times...why?
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

01-Oct-2016 21:21:34

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Makes me think even Sir Tiffy thinks something is up, as some in quest chat seemed to indicate, way back when I first did the quests.

I am not saying that the Black Knights are innocent by any means, but then again they are also victims of a long running campaign to reduce them to the savages they wanted people to believe they are due to propaganda.

This brings us to a potential breach between the Whit Knights and Temple Knights, if the Black Knights are no longer doing the evil deeds of the past and are acting within normal boundaries, how can the Temple Knights continue to justify butchering the Black Knights in their tens of thousands?

If they do, then who really is the monster of this piece?

01-Oct-2016 21:27:41 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2016 21:28:49 by Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

A very good question when enquiring about the Slayer Masters and their reasoning. And it boils down to something very simple. The only way to keep humans safe is to keep pruning back the numbers of the other races that threaten them.

Slayers are main reason why the more aggressive elves never gathered the numbers to simply take Kandarin and beyond. They had to go with a fake plague and a traitor. As for Guthix, he is good and evil in balance, helping those out of the gutter and brute slaughter where over population would cause bigger problems down the road. That is the path of balance. Knowing when to do something and when not to. Balance is about more than morals, it's about looking forward, you can do great good, but you have to look at the consequence of those actions far down the road. Let a war happen to balance it out or even provoke it. It may just be that stopping that war lets something far, far worse happen later.

Of course no one is omnipresent, so Guthixians may stumble along hoping to do their best. and that is all anyone can ask. The lost view of balance was taking people into consideration beyond that of just a balance for nature. As in reality they make up a single whole. And it is bringing both these parts into harmony(?) Or an equalibrium so that both can continue on in the longer term that is the path of Balance.

Good and evil never enter into it.

Looking at it that way the Godless' split in views as to what to do suddenly makes more sense. They are looking at all the paths. Now the question is can they strike a balance and really walk the path that was laid out by Guthix so long ago, and become true Guthixians?

02-Oct-2016 08:49:55 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2016 11:05:06 by Solanumtinkr

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What if... Normal temple knights are not required to kill hundreds of black knights? What if they just saw our potential and then decided to add some zeroes to our requirements? NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

03-Oct-2016 19:46:50

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

ZAmorakZaros said :
What if... Normal temple knights are not required to kill hundreds of black knights? What if they just saw our potential and then decided to add some zeroes to our requirements?
I'd find the sadistic little so and so, drag them to the cabbage alter and kill them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

Some years later,,,

They'd be a drooling basket case by the time I'd finished with them.

The fact is though that it would fit with the attitude they were trying to ferment.

03-Oct-2016 20:00:45

Rivendell
Dec Member 2023

Rivendell

Posts: 6,458 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honestly, this kind of thing I con't really consider canon, as opposed to just game play means of having some kind of achievement and rewards to show for it.

Because, really. What kind of Knight Order works on rank up on the basis of 'kill this many'. There's a lot more to it than that!
Jim cest of Rivendell

"Wait..are...are you getting off to this?" - Someone, to someone

04-Oct-2016 13:42:00 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2016 13:42:38 by Rivendell

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Rivendell said :
Honestly, this kind of thing I con't really consider canon, as opposed to just game play means of having some kind of achievement and rewards to show for it.

Because, really. What kind of Knight Order works on rank up on the basis of 'kill this many'. There's a lot more to it than that!
The kind of Order than wants loyalty, ability and the enthusiasm and capabilities to butcher their eneimies in large quantities. Do not confuse the White Knights with the Temple Knights.

04-Oct-2016 18:15:23 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2016 18:20:51 by Solanumtinkr

Quick find code: 341-342-939-65838284 Back to Top