Forums

Azzanadra is dissapointed...

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242

Pizzahatt1
Dec Member 2011

Pizzahatt1

Posts: 220 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to be a killjoy, but I have some concerns about how Jagex have been referencing these community jokes in the game. As far as I can tell, Azzanadra is not the only one who has been affected by what goes on in the RuneScape community, as can be seen when talking to Pauline Polaris in Dimension of Disaster as all your chat options are rude or sarcastic. This clearly references how unpopular Livid Farm is among the playerbase, but I see no reason for my character to have a grudge against Pauline that would cause her to act this way. Granted, DoD probably isn’t the best example given its humorous nature, but I am concerned that this trend will spread to more serious storylines. To an extent, this may have already happened as I believe Sliske’s characterisation was affected by the community’s reaction to the face he made before killing Guthix, changing him into a more campy character.

This particular joke has been used in two consecutive pieces of content involving Azzanadra and I have seen several J-Mods referencing it outside of the game as well. I am worried that these types of jokes and attitudes within the community will affect the quality of the storytelling – imagine if Guthix had been inspired by RuneScape Gods Exposed. I might be worrying too much, but if this gets out of hand the gnome finale could be littered with gnome child references.

Sorry to derail the thread, but please tell me I’m not the only one to have noticed this trend.

03-Oct-2015 01:50:22

Nolhiir
Mar Member 2019

Nolhiir

Posts: 1,732 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pizzahatt1 said :
Snip

Pretty sure one of the quest devs of DoD mentioned despising Livid Farm and hating Pauline Polaris' guts.

Anyhow, there's nothing necessarily wrong with including such jokes. They're just small, humorous quips. They shouldn't affect the story too much. I would personally argue that Sliske's character has always been a bit jokerish, especially in TWW and the even the end of ROTM. Sure the community may have influenced his personality slightly... but is that bad? I like trickster Sliske.

Azzanadra is disappointed that you worry about this.
Newest Disciple of Xau-Tak

03-Oct-2015 02:09:33

Snufflapagus

Snufflapagus

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pizzahatt1 said :
-snip-

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Honestly I'm surprised the J-Mods besides mod Jack have taken an interest into this thread. We intended it to be little more than harmless banter about Azzanadra being too serious at times and at some points wanting something that would seem impossible to obtain in most circumstances. Besides, with nearly 1000 posts I'm sure we're going to start running out of ways to disappoint Azzanad*a eventually. I for one think it's interesting that they decided to incorporate the prospect of Azzanadra being disappointed in us in-game. We can't always please everyone with our actions, and Azzanad*a expressing disappointment makes him more dynamic; if he went along with everything we did and never questioned what we did it would get a little dull eventually, don't you think?
Azzanadra called us close. He then bellowed at the top of his lungs "
Don't disappoint me or you shall suffer the consequences!
" We still don't know what they will be.

03-Oct-2015 02:48:29

Allarla

Allarla

Posts: 786 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Snufflapagus said :
Besides, with nearly 1000 posts I'm sure we're going to start running out of ways to disappoint Azzanad*a eventually.

Azzanadra is disappointed in you for expressing repeatedly your lack of faith in disappointments to come. :P :)
The Green World Guardian of Guthix and of Gielinor

03-Oct-2015 11:16:52

Derack
Jul Member 2013

Derack

Posts: 3,066 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lies down disappointed on the Floor.

tries not to be disappointed.

is disappointed a lot.

thats how i see azzanad*a, every time i disappoint him.
"If you believe you can distance yourself from the harm you cause, you're deluding yourself. You're not some mindless tool. You're accountable. Your actions will catch up with you eventually." -Jedi Master Jun Seros; Swtor Bounty Hunter storyline.

03-Oct-2015 18:22:19

Darelzel

Darelzel

Posts: 3,587 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't have the time to read through the whole thread again to see whether or not this has been done, but...

Azzanadra is disappointed that in OSRS you will soon be visiting the continent of Zeah and not Zarosia. (Yeah, it hasn't happened yet, but when it does, he'll surely be disappointed).

05-Oct-2015 20:55:00

Snufflapagus

Snufflapagus

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Darelzel said :
I don't have the time to read through the whole thread again to see whether or not this has been done, but...

Azzanadra is disappointed that in OSRS you will soon be visiting the continent of Zeah and not Zarosia. (Yeah, it hasn't happened yet, but when it does, he'll surely be disappointed).

We actually haven't touched on OSRS much, so it pretty much free rein for anything OSRS related. Also, Azzanadra is disappointed that we've neglected to include OSRS in our various previous disappointments.
Azzanadra called us close. He then bellowed at the top of his lungs "
Don't disappoint me or you shall suffer the consequences!
" We still don't know what they will be.

06-Oct-2015 03:11:27 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2015 03:12:06 by Snufflapagus

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242 Back to Top