Forums

Guthix and Saradomin -Paradox?

Quick find code: 341-342-882-66067912

L uc ife r

L uc ife r

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I am not claiming anything here, I am just a bit confused. Perhaps someone can clear this out for me.

So, While Guthix was not yet a God, Saradomin came to Naragun to destroy it (for a reason which is not important right now)

And Guthix refers to Saradomin as a Blue Giant. This means, that at this stage, GUTHIX = NOT A GOD YET, SARADOMIN = GOD

Now, as we all know Guthix came to Gielinor after obtaining Godhood by killing one of the Gods which name I do not know and is not important right now... What is important is that Guthix, while on Gielinor and while being a God, brings Humans to Gielinor...

But wait, I was told that Saradomin is a Human God.... in a sense of being a human prior to achieving Godhood....

This seems oddly like a paradox, am I missing something, or?

13-Dec-2018 19:44:20

Jaekob Caed
Apr Member 2011

Jaekob Caed

Posts: 7,173 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guthix brought humans to Gielinor via the World Gate but Saradomin achieved godhood on Teragard (the human homeworld) long before that. Because of his godhood, he -- unlike most other humans -- was able to travel through the multiverse and basically do whatever he wanted unless he ran into a god that was more powerful than he was, which was rare.

Saradomin came to Naragun before Guthix was a god, yes. Gielinor would have, at this point, just been an empty world of perfect beauty. Guthix was, presumably, the first young god to reach Gielinor and he was astounded by the beauty of the world and its massive amount of anima; the Elder Gods created Gielinor this way so that when they "hatched" in the next Great Revision, they could harvest Gielinor in the way they harvested Freneskae, leaving it just a smouldering husk of what it once was. Guthix, however, wanted Gielinor to simply become a beautiful, serene world where mortals of all species tended the land and lived free of the influence of the gods, which is why he brought humans to the planet. Saradomin later found Gielinor (along with many other gods) and tried to establish his dominion over the world.

So, while it may seem paradoxical, Saradomin had achieved godhood long before Guthix even found Gielinor, before Guthix killed Skargaroth and achieved godhood, before Guthix even knew that the Blue Giant god named Saradomin actually existed. Actually, Saradomin probably ascended before Guthix was even born. Teragard, like most worlds including Naragun, existed long before Gielinor was populated by any sentient species.

I hope that cleared some things up but let me know if you need me to elaborate on something. :)
~
Jaekob Caed
: Scribe, Scholar and Prince of the Kingdom of Heaven ~
The Jagex I once loved is dead... A THREAD

14-Dec-2018 04:24:31

Jaekob Caed
Apr Member 2011

Jaekob Caed

Posts: 7,173 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sure thing, glad I could help! Honestly, just take a few hours and pine through the RS Wiki on articles that interest you, it'll really help. A good starting point is to check out the article about Gielinor, as it should lead you to all corners of the lore while also bringing you fully up-to-speed on the lore of the series. :) ~
Jaekob Caed
: Scribe, Scholar and Prince of the Kingdom of Heaven ~
The Jagex I once loved is dead... A THREAD

15-Dec-2018 04:20:28 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2018 04:20:54 by Jaekob Caed

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lego Miester said :
So that'd mean he somehow managed to sneak a fair amount of humans off the human homeworld without Saradomin knowing. Or that the humans under Saradomin's leadership have "colonized" more than one planet.

Humans are one of the most prolific races in all the planes. Originating from Teragard, they the opportunity to accidentally colonize other planes via the Schism even before Saradomin's ascendency. After Saradomin ascended, we know he had a tendency to try and incorporate a plane into his empire before moving on to the next (and not necessarily going back to those already conquered given his comments about going back to Teragard).

This allows Guthix to draw humans from two possible pools of planes without needing to hide the efforts from Saradomin.

21-Dec-2018 23:03:01

Quick find code: 341-342-882-66067912 Back to Top