Forums

How many worlds?

Quick find code: 341-342-802-65441845

Ascertes

Ascertes

Posts: 5,461 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voya said :
What is considered as a 'world'? Do only planets count or does it include all sorts of dimensions/planes/other places? Do proto worlds count? Why don't moons count as 'worlds'? etc.

The proto-worlds are the ones I've deemed the "elemental planes." I didn't count Zanaris as, to me, it seemed to lose its identity as something entirely separate of Gielinor. Just seems "Part of it" now to me.
-Ascertes, King of all the Hallowlands and the Everchosen of Saradomin.

09-Aug-2014 19:32:36

Voya
Jan Member 2009

Voya

Posts: 2,939 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ascertes said :
Voya said :
What is considered as a 'world'? Do only planets count or does it include all sorts of dimensions/planes/other places? Do proto worlds count? Why don't moons count as 'worlds'? etc.

The proto-worlds are the ones I've deemed the "elemental planes." I didn't count Zanaris as, to me, it seemed to lose its identity as something entirely separate of Gielinor. Just seems "Part of it" now to me.

By proto-worlds I meant the unfinished worlds in the lower planes, a hundred of which are located between Freneskae and Infernus. The Elemental Planes include more diverse worlds like Tarddiad, New Domina and most of the other worlds we know of, presumably.
Voya
-
A lorehound, Quest Master and owner of three Quest Capes.

09-Aug-2014 20:06:09 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2014 20:17:09 by Voya

Ascertes

Ascertes

Autumn Elite said :
I wonder if there is a thread like if each elder god was adding too much of one element that you can see being gradually reduced each time before they got it perfect with gielinor.

We know the Elder Gods broke off from each other after hatching from Freneskae and then went to create the worlds we would probably call the Elemental Planes. We see these worlds primarily in Armadyl's Emissary chapters, including the oceanic world, probably created sole* by Bik.

Presumably, they eventually wound up back together on Gielinor or somewhere before it. I assume they took the knowledge of the incomplete worlds they had created and put it all together to create the perfect world, and perhaps the incomplete worlds that came just before it.

11-Aug-2014 05:15:48

Dionysius
Dec Member 2011

Dionysius

Posts: 1,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ascertes said :
Autumn Elite said :
I wonder if there is a thread like if each elder god was adding too much of one element that you can see being gradually reduced each time before they got it perfect with gielinor.

We know the Elder Gods broke off from each other after hatching from Freneskae and then went to create the worlds we would probably call the Elemental Planes. We see these worlds primarily in Armadyl's Emissary chapters, including the oceanic world, probably created sole* by Bik.

Presumably, they eventually wound up back together on Gielinor or somewhere before it. I assume they took the knowledge of the incomplete worlds they had created and put it all together to create the perfect world, and perhaps the incomplete worlds that came just before it*

**'biusk is apparently quite close to Gielinor in terms of proximity and seemed to have a reasonably balanced ecosystem prior to Bandos destroying it, so it would stand to reason that the Elders met back up and started perfecting worlds before Gielinor.

From what we have heard, New Domina and Tarddiad (sorry if this is mispelled) are also reasonably balanced (when you compare them to places like Infernus anyway) so perhaps they are somewhat closer to Gielinor as well and hint at this convergence of the Elders.
The original Wise Old Man

15-Sep-2014 09:58:19

Ascertes

Ascertes

Cthris said :
Apparently in between Frenaskae and infernus there are a 100 proto worlds

Zaros: I have walked upon a hundred proto-worlds, half built and failing - the early works of Mah's elder sisters

Thanks!

28-Sep-2014 22:36:50

Faledak
Mar Member 2011

Faledak

Posts: 213 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty sure ScapeRune is just a parallel universe and not a world itself.
In parallel universe things can go different or totally opposite like in ScapeRune, yet they look pretty much same as the "real" one.

29-Sep-2014 02:56:07 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2014 02:58:22 by Faledak

SwreeTak

SwreeTak

Posts: 1,970 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ascertes said :
Cthris said :
Apparently in between Frenaskae and infernus there are a 100 proto worlds

Zaros: I have walked upon a hundred proto-worlds, half built and failing - the early works of Mah's elder sisters

Thanks!

This points to what I have always believed; That there are a ton of undiscovered worlds left to explore in the universe. Probably the far most of them has nothing of interest to see. But given that there might be millions of these worlds there should still be a few thousands which contains very interesting stories, of kinds we can't even imagine.
Rite of Passage - Explore a new world, learn about the aviansie and ancient secrets!

16-Jan-2015 12:31:52

Quick find code: 341-342-802-65441845 Back to Top